• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre-Match | Watford vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 28 | Saturday February 29th 17:30h | Vicarage Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Watford away next.

We scored 15:0 goals against them in the last 4 games but I am sure they will make it more difficult for us than West Ham did.

The line up will show how serious Klopp will take the FA Cup Game against Chelsea on Tuesday. Will some key players be rested?

Unlikely Starting11

Alisson
TAA Gomez VvD Robertson
Ox Lallana Keita
Minamino Firmino Mané​

I'm predicting a 3-1 win or a 1-1 :censored:

Y.N.W.A.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Doubtful too many will be rested.
Usual back four and front 3.
Fabinho, Gini plus one........
My guess is Ox. I truly want Keita to fulfil the promise but he was off the pace last night.

Maybe Minamino to get minutes before starting Chelsea game.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Watford away next.

We scored 15:0 goals against them in the last 4 games but I am sure they will make it more difficult for us than West Ham did.

The line up will show how serious Klopp will take the FA Cup Game against Chelsea on Tuesday. Will some key players be rested?

Unlikely Starting11

Alisson
TAA Gomez VvD Robertson
Ox Lallana Keita
Minamino Firmino Mané​

I'm predicting a 3-1 win or a 1-1 :censored:

Y.N.W.A.
Oliver is the referee, Dean is the VAR.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
I think this could be tricky. We seem to be playing below par at the minute and Watford are fighting for their lives.
Personally I’d keep keita in the line up, he desperately needs to find some form.

On a side note, I hope we take the cup seriously now. The league lead is so healthy we should at least try an go for the cup.

Red over the water

Since Chelsea got whacked at home to Bayern Munich, they are likely going out of Europe. Therefore a fair chance they will play a stronger team in the FA Cup against us. We will have to match that or we’ll come unstuck.

I‘m not exactly sure on the implications on the team for the Watford game, but I think we will be holding something back for the FA Cup game too. Keita for one game, Ox for the other. Matip for FA Cup. Lallana too.

It will be a strong team against Watford in the league, and a blended team for the FA Cup, hopefully with enough to prevail over Chelsea, with the likes of Jones, Elliott, Williams continuing their education.

Watford are fighting for survival so it will be a tough game.

I’ll take any three points as they come. Think we will tighten up at the back again and win this one 2-0.

VVD header.
Firmino neat finish.

XMarlin

It's easy to fall back on putting OAC over Keita...easy choice but we paid a bunch to bring Keita in...but....

To me he has a special ability in close traffic with multiple defenders...

As much as I believe in AOC....we need someone who can operate in a crowd when necessary...

In the end does it matter what I think? Not really...in Klopp I trust.

Focus and composure will win this match.

I believe we get 3 points from this one.

YNWA

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
It's easy to fall back on putting OAC over Keita...easy choice but we paid a bunch to bring Keita in...but....

To me he has a special ability in close traffic with multiple defenders...

As much as I believe in AOC....we need someone who can operate in a crowd when necessary...

In the end does it matter what I think? Not really...in Klopp I trust.

Focus and composure will win this match.

I believe we get 3 points from this one.

YNWA
I've hardly seen Keita operate in a crowd since he came in. Against West Ham he looked lost as soon as a West Ham player came near him, let alone two. To be honest. to me he's looked a shadow of the player he was at leipzig.

The choice is simple. Put Ox in. Play the strongest possible 11 you can in every game, now's not the time for being generous with match time, let alone starts.

LFCFFC

Another tricky one, facing a relegation candidate away from home. I know the lads are generally ice-cold, but with every step closer to the title I've no doubt the nerves increase ever so slightly and the performances may suffer slightly as a result. I'd take a scrappy 1-0 ala Norwich - it definitely feels like it could be that sort of game.

Ox starts for mine. I'm a big fan of Keita but maybe he benefits more from coming off the bench and running at fatigued defenders given his confidence is looking pretty low. A midfield of Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Ox is still quality.

The rest of the team picks itself. I want us to put the PL to bed as soon as possible. Don't mind a bit of in-game rotation if we have a secure lead to see the likes of Minamino, Lallana and Origi get some minutes, but I'd rather see a best available XI starting this game, regardless of the mid-week fixture.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
I think Keita will start but even if not - where’s the problem?

We are soon to be champions and the likes of Keita, Minamino (could also name Origi, Lallana, Matip, Shaqiri) will get their games after we secure the league.

Incognito

The Normal One
.................. Alisson...............
Trent.....Joe......Virgil....... Andy
.....................Fab......................
.............Ox............Naby...........
Mo.............. Roberto...........Sadio

I know I have removed the first name in the midfield that will play, but this mid has to be given a chance. Craved for this but one of Ox and Naby has always been injured.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
If Klopp decides to make any changes, I'd keep it minimal, with Ox coming in for Keita and maybe one of Minamino or Origi coming in up front.

No need to make too many changes when we have the FA Cup coming up and can rotate then if needed

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
We are four wins away from the PL title, so this is surely not the moment to start tinkering with the line-up and taking chances. Put the very strongest formation on the pitch, hopefully win the game and take the three points, and then start thinking about Chelsea.

That is all.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
The choice is simple. Put Ox in. Play the strongest possible 11 you can in every game, now's not the time for being generous with match time, let alone starts.
Not sure it's that simple, Chamberlain has been largely forgettable when played in midfield this season and is usually 1st or 2nd sub, rarely finishing a game.

I would argue Keita has had more good games than Chamberlain in midfield, particularly Salzburg, Leicester, Bournemouth, Monterrey.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Not sure it's that simple, Chamberlain has been largely forgettable when played in midfield this season and is usually 1st or 2nd sub, rarely finishing a game.

I would argue Keita has had more good games than Chamberlain in midfield, particularly Salzburg, Leicester, Bournemouth, Monterrey.
Fair enough, my point was more taking issue with who is more in form in this very moment. Both Ox and Keita have had extremely stop start campaigns, but in my opinion Ox has offered more in terms of threat on goal such as vs Genk and the last few PL games.

Zoran

Keita doesn't deserve to start this one, so Ox should come in his place.

I'd maybe put Matip in ahead of Gomez and then possibly play Gomez against Chelsea.

The first should definitely happen, the second I don't mind too much whatever we do.

Other than that, keep the rest as it is.

MrRinsin

TIA Regular
TAA.....Gomez......Virgil....... Robbo
............Gini.........JONES!...........
Mo.............. Bobby..........Sadio

Yep give Curtis the start after his hatrick, make it happen Kloppo! Want a nice breezy win for once, no stress, maybe 3 up inside 15 would be nice, couple from Mo to go top of the charts and Jones with a long ranger. Bobby and Virgil to finish it off for a perfect day 5-0 away from home and 2 to go (after City choke against the Scummers)

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
Close to 0% chance that Keita starts, which mean he obviously starts as Klopp will probably throw a challenge down.

Well we have done the 1-2 down, about to lose our unbeaten record, so been there done that, no need to show us you can do it twice. I would settle for a 0-2 win, so we can get a 3-0 win a couple of days later, baby steps.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
I think Klopp will prioritize getting the most points possible in the league ahead of success in the FA Cup. So I think there'll be two changes at most and more likely just one; Ox in Keita out. The other possibility might be using Salah from the bench and starting with Minamino. Two birds with one stone thre; Taku gets much need minutes and maybe coming on as sub for the last 20-30 mins might see a more focused Mo. Sharpen him up for his trip down memory land at the bridge.

Chewbazza

Ad-free Member
Watford away will likely be another tough one. Expecting a reasonable performance from ourselves that will result in 0-0 at half time so everyone shits the bed again, then get a couple of goals late in the second half.

All of our players will be deemed poor except for whichever fullback provides the assist, whichever midfield sub comes on and either Mané or Bobby.

0-2.

Flobs

FADA
I think Klopp will prioritize getting the most points possible in the league ahead of success in the FA Cup. So I think there'll be two changes at most and more likely just one; Ox in Keita out. The other possibility might be using Salah from the bench and starting with Minamino. Two birds with one stone thre; Taku gets much need minutes and maybe coming on as sub for the last 20-30 mins might see a more focused Mo. Sharpen him up for his trip down memory land at the bridge.
There's Millie as well, if fit he will be on the cards. Then that's starting to get a bit complicated for me, Fab, Gini, Keita, AOC, Millie for 3 spots?

redalways

TIA Regular
Watford away will likely be another tough one. Expecting a reasonable performance from ourselves that will result in 0-0 at half time so everyone shits the bed again, then get a couple of goals late in the second half.

All of our players will be deemed poor except for whichever fullback provides the assist, whichever midfield sub comes on and either Mané or Bobby.

0-2.
Pretty much. Everyone's shitting on Keita after the West Ham match, he'll probably start given that statistically, he was one of our best players on the night.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Trent.....Joe......Virgil....... Andy
.............Ox............Naby...........
Mo.............. Roberto...........Sadio

I know I have removed the first name in the midfield that will play, but this mid has to be given a chance. Craved for this but one of Ox and Naby has always been injured.
I agree with this line up - but I think Gini will start instead of Naby/Alex (as you may have hinted at) Need a workaholic against Watford, and Gini is the one.

Also, I really think you need to sort out your First/Last names usage. Its quite confusing for the likes of me. I'm sure Alex will be peeved if he saw this. Otherwise all good.

Will be watching either at home or in pub. Either way, I'll be glued to the game.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Since Chelsea got whacked at home to Bayern Munich, they are likely going out of Europe. Therefore a fair chance they will play a stronger team in the FA Cup against us. We will have to match that or we’ll come unstuck.
No team has the defeatist attitude of playing a weakened CL team because they are 3 goals down on aggregate. Not even the blue shithouses. If anything, it forces them the play the strongest possible team.

They'll play full strength in both those games without question. Also, there's a 15 day gap and two PL games between our FA Cup game and their match Vs Bayern.....

Status
Not open for further replies.