Pre-Match | Watford vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 28 | Saturday February 29th 17:30h | Vicarage Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
I'll leave Klopp with these complicated decissions however why wouldn't Millie be considered for a place in the midfield for this match? (which is what we're discussing).
I'm not saying he wouldn't be considered but I think those who played in the last game are the first choice while Hendo is out, and Millie doesn't seem to be in that group.

Flobs

FADA
I'm not saying he wouldn't be considered but I think those who played in the last game are the first choice while Hendo is out, and Millie doesn't seem to be in that group.
Yet after the match Klopp indicated Millie was on the cards for that game and due to a niggle he then had the choice between AOC or Keita rather than the 3 of them (even sounded like Millie was his 1st choice possibly due to his leadership?).
Style wise it's interesting as well AOC and Keita have aspects in common Millie is very different. (mainly being slower yet more physical but no only that).

Libero

Yet after the match Klopp indicated Millie was on the cards for that game and due to a niggle he then had the choice between AOC or Keita rather than the 3 of them (even sounded like Millie was his 1st choice possibly due to his leadership?).
Style wise it's interesting as well AOC and Keita have aspects in common Millie is very different. (mainly being slower yet more physical but no only that).
Agree, think Milner starts at home against Atletico actually, although I shouldn’t be thinking that far ahead.

Would like to see Keita given more of a chance but think Ox has start on the back off the west ham performance.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Chelsea are up to their tits in a fight for the top four, so there is no way they’ll be throwing everything at the FA Cup.

I suspect Klopp will want to get the points on the board, and if there is rest to be had then it can happen after we’ve won the league. Besides Klopp may feel that there are a few young players who have earned the right the play against Chelsea.

Alisson
Trent Gomez Van Dijk Robbo
Fabinho
OxChamb Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mane
Expecting a tight game, winning by the odd goal and the forum shitting itself en route. :rolleyes:

Incognito

The Normal One
I agree with this line up - but I think Gini will start instead of Naby/Alex (as you may have hinted at) Need a workaholic against Watford, and Gini is the one.

Also, I really think you need to sort out your First/Last names usage. Its quite confusing for the likes of me. I'm sure Alex will be peeved if he saw this. Otherwise all good.

Will be watching either at home or in pub. Either way, I'll be glued to the game.
Damn, nice catch! Georginio it will be though :geek::p

Flobs

FADA
Damn, nice catch! Georginio it will be though :geek::p
My official etiquette on Gini is Gini if I feel he has played ok and Wijnaldum if I think he's been below par. :)
I really don't see what the fuss over names is as long as we know who it is being talked about. Some nick names pass me by like 'spider legs' or is 'vacuum man' or something I'm just not in the right circles for that jingo. :ROFLMAO:

Red over the water

@GoneKloppo - fair comment on the 15 day gap from the FA Cup tie with Chelsea to their second leg with Bayern. When they lost 3-0 I just thought it might strengthen their resolve all the more to put out a good side in the FA Cup, as it is now their best chance of winning something, but with that gap, one game won’t have a bearing on the other.

Watford then eh... some good players and might be a tricky one. Teams fighting for their lives are always tough opponents. Doucoure is a good player, and Deulofeo, while not elite, always seems to be busy. We should win, but we have to match their intensity before the quality differential will show.

StevieJayUSA

Be interesting what Chelsea do with a battle for top four in the balance. Got to believe Europe takes precedence over FA silverware. More money, and we know Chelski is about the money.

That said, not sure it should enter too much into Klopp’s choosing of the side for Saturday. Personally, I’d do a bit of swapping to have some first teamers in the side Tuesday. Don’t think Watford, tied lowest scoring team the Prem, should trouble the, far and away, best defensive side. Though, I will continue to sit back, and enjoy this ride, with Klopp, the ever attentive driver.

Chewbazza

Ad-free Member
Be interesting what Chelsea do with a battle for top four in the balance. Got to believe Europe takes precedence over FA silverware. More money, and we know Chelski is about the money.

That said, not sure it should enter too much into Klopp’s choosing of the side for Saturday. Personally, I’d do a bit of swapping to have some first teamers in the side Tuesday. Don’t think Watford, tied lowest scoring team the Prem, should trouble the, far and away, best defensive side. Though, I will continue to sit back, and enjoy this ride, with Klopp, the ever attentive driver.
The club would want the money, Lampard probably would like a bit of silverware early on. But Chelsea have shown that even the big trophies doesn't guarantee job security.

Anyway, as for Watford. Lest we forget they recently lost to both Tranmere and Everton; the 3rd and 4th merseyside clubs respectively.

1dragon

TIA Regular
Chelsea would probably start Kepa in the FA cup, who IMO, despite his howlers, is still a better keeper than Caballero. Emerson, Zouma, Tomori, Azpili, Jorginho, Hudson Odoi and Abraham likely to start.

Watford first though, I will go with the same team, except Ox for Keita. Minamino and Jones to get some game time ahead of the cup clash.

RodM

I can't think of anything useful to say other than let's get this bugger won.

We've done pretty well against Watford in recent seasons but I don't really know much about them at the moment. I do know that Watford to Liverpool was the first long distance rail journey that I made on my own. I was 10 at the time. Having said that, I discovered years later that there was a squaddie keeping an eye out for me so that I didn't get up to no good.

Is it just me or is this unbeaten run starting to become a bit of an albatross? I'm just waiting for the next series of records to be broken. Still, after 30 years of disappointment, I'm rather enjoying the "stress".

jaffod

Watford away next.

We scored 15:0 goals against them in the last 4 games but I am sure they will make it more difficult for us than West Ham did.

The line up will show how serious Klopp will take the FA Cup Game against Chelsea on Tuesday. Will some key players be rested?

Unlikely Starting11

Alisson
TAA Gomez VvD Robertson
Ox Lallana Keita
Minamino Firmino Mané​

I'm predicting a 3-1 win or a 1-1 :censored:

Y.N.W.A.
I thought West Ham massively upped their game against us, certainly compared to how they played at Abu Dhabi last week.
Reckon you have 9 of the team right. I'd be amazed if either Gini or Fabinho don't start. Strongest team possible, Chelsea game is almost irrelevant in comparison.
These are shite but that doesn't mean it'll be easy. Think we'll win by the odd goal.

BigJon

The Incredibly Interesting & Informative Guide To The City You Will Be Visiting Today
This Week: ( "No we are not part of farking London we are in Hertfordshire" ) Its Watford.

If you like to persistently tell everyone that you have a direct line of communication with God, then one of two things will surely happen -

a) You will find yourself tucked up in bed on a maximum-security wing with a mug of Ovaltine, a couple of valium and a friendly psychiatric nurse called Jimmy watching your every move

Or

b) You become the Pope.

And B, is exactly what happened to Watford's own Nicholas Breakspear in the year 1100. He became Britain's first and only Pope - taking the title Adrian IV.
Gods representative on Earth, all the way from Watford, who'd have thought it?

Why you may ask has Britain had only the one Pope? Well, its a long story involving Henry VIII and lots of sex and murders and backstabbing and shit. That's a story for another day.

Talking of sex and murder, the son of Edward Longshanks, Edward II, had an alleged lover named Piers Gaveston, who is buried in Kings Langley. Longshanks exiled and banished Gaveston to France. mainly because he felt the friendship with his son was much too err "friendly". Stories of the Prince and Galveston riding bareback, comparing lances and slaying the beast with two backs was daily gossip at court, especially amongst the ladies in waiting who were waiting and waiting.

After Longshanks died, even while his body was still warm, the new King quicker than you could unsheathe a steely medieval sword, recalled Gaveston from exile, whereupon he took his rightful place next to the King and his um wife the Queen.

"Honestly darling we were just practicing some swordplay moves and we got a little bit hot and sweaty, so we removed our chainmail and armour and yes, of course, the rest of our clothes came off. Sweetheart you are just imagining things - here have some diamonds."

Piers Gaveston met an untimely death stabbed and beheaded by two Welshmen on the road to Blacklow Hill. Nasty.

Fast forward 600 years and Britain is at war with Germany. Watford by then was the paper producing capital of Europe - and if there was one thing Britain needed in the fight against the Nazi jackboot it was paper. Nearly all of Britain's printed propaganda came out of Watford and as history shows, the posters produced by the Watford printing press not only galvanized the Brits at home, but scared the bejesus out of your average SS Stormtrooper.

If, like me, you have often wondered where on Earth was Ovaltine first produced? - Let's face it who hasn't led awake at night contemplating this question. Well who would have thought that it was first produced in Watford and such was its popularity that it became the official drink of the 1948 Olympics. You would think that would be the highest accolade possible for the malty goodness official drink of the fricken Olympics. But no, even greater "heights" were achieved when Sir Edmund Hillary conquered Everest for the first time in 1953 - powered he said by the energy-giving maltiness of Ovaltine. This was obviously before Starbucks opened a franchise at base camp in 2014.

Famous people who were born or lived in Watford.

Author CS Lewis went to boarding school in Watford. Maureen Lipman made her theatrical debut in Watford. Boxer Anthony Joshua, England Manager Gareth Southgate and Spice Girl Gerri Halliwell were all born in Watford as was Simon Le Bon and DJ/Producer Naughty Boy.

It is hard to put into words the contribution Sir Elton John has had on British popular music, Insipid, boring, repetitive, safe and nauseating are all fairly accurate descriptions of the turgid dross churned out over the last 30 years. Personally I would rather place toothpicks under my toenails and repeatedly kick a wall than ever listen to another of his songs. However, he is indelibly linked to Watford FC as he is their lifetime President Overweight, self-promoting and with a dubious hairstyle the title President fits him very well.

Currently on his "farewell" tour, which should have happened 30 years ago, Sir Elton is finally retiring, relegated to the odd talk show and a guest appearance on Graham Norton where hopefully he resists the temptation to sing. I hope he will be happy in his retirement - I only wish it had been longer.

Smash those Ovaltine drinking Bastards.

Allison
TAA Gomez VVD Robertson
Ox Fab Gini
Salah Firmino Mane.

3-1

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
This should be routine,but at the moment we find a way to change that.
Hope that is over for now And we can come away from this with a decent win.
Can’t see any point in experimenting now,4 more wins and the league sealed then....whatever.

SirBillShankly

God help and protect us.
Wouldn't have Naby in the line up. I rate him but he's too lightweight and Watford are a big,strong side.

Would go with the Ox.

...................Becker........
Trent....Gomez...Virg... Robertson
.................. Fabinho.....................
....The Ox............ Wijnaldum
Salah........... Firmino........Mane

1-2 Redmen.

MrRinsin

TIA Regular
We need to get the league won, before Coronavirus brings the season to an abrupt end. And it will, if all the doom merchants have their way. So sod the FA Cup and make sure we get 3 points tomorrow.
I literally had this horror thought last night and said to my wife, what if Coronavirus stopped the season and they declared it null and void because not 80% of the games had been played or something, that would be our luck! It's started with Geordies refusing to touch the other team, next they will be calling off games here! Arrrrggggggggg noooooooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.