Pre-Match | West Ham vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 18 | Wednesday January 29th 19:45h | London Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Real quick. Please do not use this thread for criticism of the senior players who played against Shrewsbury. Don’t need your negative s**t in our title race.

West Ham away next. Don’t know much about them. David Moyes is their manager - means they’re shit.

Alisson
TAA Gomez VvD Robertson
AOC Henderson Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Origi​

Two out of Fabinho, Lallana, Ox, Minamino and Origi will start. Could also mean that Klopp will use something different than the 4-3-3.

Y.N.W.A.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Alisson
Trent Gomez Van Dijk Robertson
Henderson
OxChamb Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Origi
Could also see Curtis Jones in for Origi on the left, if Klopp is feeling strongly about making a point to lads who didn’t show up tonight.

Either way, West Ham are fucking rubbish. Work hard, stay focussed, play as a team (Mo) and the points are ours.

Lynch04

Smeg Head
A below par performance today but its not the end of the world.
Cant see anything other than a full strength team for the Hammers. If Mane is missing then i guess Origi will start wide due to his more physical style.

Becker
Robbo
VVD
Gomez
TAA
Hendo
Gini
?? Fabs prob
Origi
Bobster
Salah

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Team picks itself, apart from Mané's free spot. I'd have said Origi before yesterday's game. Now, I'm not sure, as he wasn't too impressive to be fair. On the other hand, if you put him in our first team, it's an entirely different situation of course. On reflection, I'd still go with him. Minamino is still in the early stages, and his performance yesterday showed that he isn't fully there yet. It's too early for Shaq, so the big Belgian will probably get the nod if he's fit.

Another option would be to play Ox as part of the front three, while playing Fabinho behind Hendo and Gini in midfield. Maybe in a 442 diamond, with Ox supporting Firmino and Salah? But that's for Klopp and his coaching team to decide, and who will be ready to play.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Hey there, I’m going to the match from the states. I went to Anfield 2 years ago, but never been to an away match. Is there a specific pub Liverpool supporters will meet at before the match? I’m open for ideas.
Thanks,
Jake
There are no pubs near the ground. You can buy horrible expensive shit lager in the ground though.

Flobs

FADA
I'd go with AOC partnering Hendo and Gini and Minamino replacing Mané. I have no idea what people mean by AOC and Minamino not impressing. Minamino did an excellent job making himself available between the lines against Shrewsbury and if he had got to that cross I don't think anyone would be questionning him. Origi always performs best from the bench imo.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Yeah a full PL debut start against an established side, in a role where if Jones doesn't do great then we've still got Bobby and Salah on the pitch as our goal threats anyway, so no stress for him.

It's the kind of decision that could pay off hugely, like the one to start Trent in that game at Old Trafford.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
If we going by the form of last game, it will be last pl lineup, minus Mane. My preference for the last spot would be, in order, Elliott, Jones, Origi and Taki. Just because it’s the left side, I think it will be Jones or Origi.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
On Saturday morning I was unexpectedly given 4 free tickets in the away end for this so have been able to treat my fellow London red friends to a night out. One of them works for a client so beers, curry and taxis are all going on expenses. Happy days though no doubt the Gods will look down on our good fortune and make it a shit game. If we lose it’s all my fault.

Red over the water

It will be interesting to see what we do. I think we might go 4-2-3-1 for this and make a couple of changes, with one of the changes enforced by Mane being out.

Alisson
TAA Van Dijk Gomez Robbo
Fabinho Henderson
Ox Firmino Jones
Salah

Wijnaldum has been excellent but he has put a lot of miles in lately, so he might benefit from a little rest. Jones to see if he can make the step up and link well with first teamers.

3-0 to Liverpool. Mo, Trent free kick and Jones.

SirBillShankly

God help and protect us.
Not sure if he's ready but I would like to see Naby back in the team, I think he has an awful lot to offer.
Probably see Minamino or big Div, although don't mind seeing Jones in the team as he looks class.

This would be my team:

....................Becker...................
Trent....Gomez...Virgil.... Robertson
................ Henderson...................
......The Ox................... Wijnaldum......
Salah..............Firmino...................Keita

2-0 Redmen, Salah and Keita.

Status
Not open for further replies.