• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE MATCH: Wolves vs Liverpool (EPL), Friday December 21st 2018, 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

macca1970

Wolves playing the pressing game up front, and have creating some chances through it. We have been too lax in possession when playing out from goal.

NIcely taken goal, but much more work to be done int he second half. THink Klopp will make little tactical adjustments in the secomd to counter Wolves' press. Don;t think Wolves will be able to keep this up for all of the next 45.

Magnus

Wolves are showing us that they are a good team that we should respect. I think we will score another in the second half and I also think that will be enough. I doubt Wolves will be able to score 2.
As for our performance, it is acceptable. Not top, top notch, but professional. Wolves isn't a push over though, and we need to do something about them blitzing us on the flanks. Milner looks to be in some problems there. Keita is also making dangerous mistakes and also killed an attack that could have been fruitful. I am slightly disapointed in his performance but accept that the conditions are not the best.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Really glad to see half time. Wolves are a class above the shower we played last week.

We could do with looking at the right side, as Wolves are getting a lot of joy there and Jimmy is blowing out of his arse. Must still be carrying that knock.

Fabinho is having another stormer. WHat a player. He’s absolutely brilliant.

Werder4life

Bambi on ice performance. Dejan leading the blunder charts. A lot of his team mates as well. Is it the pitch?

Wolves certainly no mugs - looks the toughest away performance after Chelsea so far. Hope they burn out a bit in the second - their pressing and shortpassing is really good atm.

Great play for the goal. Fab getting really in his stride now, Naby as well , needs to cut out the sloppy passes though.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Milner is up against 2 players all the time and is also inside covering Lovren, also Mane has been a little frustrating holding on to the ball and also having a poor touch especially when we are in a decent position, although not the only one and Keita seems to be tiring.

Need to be better in possession especially after a good start

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Terrible weather and condition, and terrible half for Keita. His 2 misplaced passes nearly cost us, and looked slow to track back. The league pace is a bit much for him I feel. Firmino hot and cold, some good touches and some terrible passes. After we scored we forgot how to play. Milner should not be playing right back today and Lovren needs to keep it simple. No need to jump into tackles because their forwards are far too fast for him to get close to them! Stay in position to cut out passes and dribbles. That nutmeg by Traore was a result of him jumping forward unnecessarily, lucky nothing come off it. We've been lucky a bit at the back. Could have conceded needless goal or a penalty.

Positives - Fabinho still looking good, Salah looked hungry and Mane troubles them. I just need our front 3 to also keep it simple, and pass the ball properly. They are out to try and get an equaliser, that's in our game plan, don't keep screwing it up in our counter attack. Our passes in our counter let us down, too slow and easily closed down.

Wolves looked so much more threatening compared to United. They have a goal in them and we need to know that. Klopp needs to drill that in our player's head not to get too complacent and showboating every chance we get. We need another goal to secure ourselves since we have Lovren playing. Wolves know exactly what's needed, stretch the pitch, high press and try to capitalise on our mistakes. Top it all, attack our right.

Need to nullify them!

Nur der BvB09

Concentration Mistakes from us making Wolves Looks a decend Team wtf is that we Need to sort it our sasp.
I ll take 2 golas for us in the second half and put the game to bed. They can run but i expect second half to see Wolves bekomme a couple in the back of the net.UP the REDS!! Away SUPPORT AMAISING!!YNWA

big noyd

milner hasn't been bad but the only change i'd consider atm would be bringing clyne on to put a lid on traore

Herb

If Wijnaldum came on for Keita here I would not be surprised. Hasn’t looked good in that half. Weather for this one has been shocking mind, can’t be easy for any of them out there. Fabinho having another fantastic game and what a great finish from Mo.

dockers_strike

Im telling you in all my seasons of watching title winning sides through the 60s, 70s and 80s, this, is a seriously good side. The conditions are shit and the neanderthals in the crowd think its ok to stud Keita then give him the verbals when he does go down. Overall, we've bossed this. Lovren needs to settle down and play with his head not his heart. Robbo's crosses could be better but running into driving rain isnt making the task easy. Mane looks to be back in a slack mood but what a world class finish by Mo.

Bit more composure and carry on reds.

Freeman

Confirmation that Wolves are a very good side. Very good first half from both side. To be very careful on second half but enjoying it so far

big noyd

The media just love Nuno and never miss an opportunity to speak of how wonderful he is, but for me Wolves aren't a very honest side. In the matches I've seen them this season, they beg, dive, and generally play reckless. And they don't have to, they have some quality pieces. Again, all JMO.
somewhat ironically neves criticized portuguese football for these characteristics in a guardian profile last year

C

Caradoc

Wolves are realky working our defence, taking advantage of the conditions. I’m impressed. Agree Milner needs more help. I’d switch to a double 6 bringing on Gini for Henderson and Shaqiri for Keita.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
I thought Lovren was decent.
Milner and keita struggling because of weather.
tbf you are probably never going to see a better execution of the mid-air stepover like Lovren did late in that half. Fooled them beautifully. Not sure what he's done wrong that allows fans to single him out? Like every other defender like Robbo, Fab, VVD, Keita, he's played a pass too short that led to a goal scoring opportunity (actually, did he?). The entire team have played poor passes today. Are the conditions shit much?

Dublin_Kopite

TIA Legend
Mane and Firmino have been very sloppy..

Alisson needs to keep the focus a bit better when playing passes out..

Milner seems to be left very isolated when ball is played out to him..

Need an early goal here as with the weather conditions and how impressive Wolves have been you don't want to go into last 10 minutes only 1 in front..

Alright Now

tbf you are probably never going to see a better execution of the mid-air stepover like Lovren did late in that half. Fooled them beautifully. Not sure what he's done wrong that allows fans to single him out? Like every other defender like Robbo, Fab, VVD, Keita, he's played a pass too short that led to a goal scoring opportunity (actually, did he?). The entire team have played poor passes today. Are the conditions shit much?
Agreeance.

Dimitriy

Wolves are a good team...with intelligent manager...I am a bit surprised by their smart passing and pressing...but it gets them opened. One goal more, should/could calm the game, albeit they are a battling team. We need a couple of smart efforts... I am looking at their formation...inclining to their left side....

Status
Not open for further replies.