• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE Match: Young Boys - LFC (Thursday Sept. 20th - 18:00 GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gb1986

5 goals... We've scored 5 GOALS! Hopefully they'll keep coming now.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
I adore Jonjo, delighted for him, 5 goals, omg, I was wondering if we'd get 5 goals all season!

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
I think Henderson is controlling the centre of midfield really well in the last quarter of the match....i think its doing him well actually to be not playing every match, to take that pressure of the price tag off him.

Le_hunt

Agger's knuckles
agree with that, shelvey has stepped up. time to do in on the big stage, you baldy lad !

Never Say Never

FSG are the iluminati
I'm really impressed by Henderson and Sahin's understanding of each other already. Great link up and Shelvey is doing fantastically in front of them.

snape

TIA Youth Team
damn. was at school while the match was played. any highlights?

gb1986

I'm really impressed by Henderson and Sahin's understanding of each other already. Great link up and Shelvey is doing fantastically in front of them.
I noticed Sahin get annoyed with Hendo a few time's for not picking a forward pass. Sahin still isn't quite up to speed yet, i think he's capable of much better than the performance he put in today.

kwala

TIA Regular
What? Does the score line change the fact we created nothing for 70+ minutes, And defended like clowns?

1 comical og, 2 headers from corners. apart from that we played like individuals, and strangers for 70 minutes.

The game changed a lot when young boys pushed up.

At the point I wrote my comment we were playing like crap. Do 2 late counter attacks eradicate that for you?

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Not a superlative performance, but a brilliant one for building up depth in the squad. Shelvey took a huge stride tonight, came on with a clear will to make the difference..and then did. Henderson had a superb game which will build his confidence for the PL. Sahin is still clearly putting his game together, but got a valuable runout. Wisdom by and large did his job well, and picked up a nice goal out of the bargain. Jones got a game under his belt where he looked better than all last season. Assaidi got a run out, he will need more but he doesn't look completely out of place.

In the slightly less, but still positive, Coates had some errors but showed his setpiece threat again. Borini too a few more steps to being a genuine threat. Suso has not put it all together, but is starting to tease us with glimpses against progressively better competition. Pacheco struggled to make himself felt, but that is hardly a surprise, and getting time is a positive in its own right.

Surprisingly, the negatives are really the most established veterans. Carragher was mediocre and worse, slow. Enrique seems to be forgetting how to play the game before our very eyes. Downing was not terrible, but once again spurned the opportunity to be the guy who makes the difference - the sort of opportunity that Shelvey grabbed with both hands.

gr_sounder

Not a superlative performance, but a brilliant one for building up depth in the squad. Shelvey took a huge stride tonight, came on with a clear will to make the difference..and then did. Henderson had a superb game which will build his confidence for the PL. Sahin is still clearly putting his game together, but got a valuable runout. Wisdom by and large did his job well, and picked up a nice goal out of the bargain. Jones got a game under his belt where he looked better than all last season. Assaidi got a run out, he will need more but he doesn't look completely out of place.

In the slightly less, but still positive, Coates had some errors but showed his setpiece threat again. Borini too a few more steps to being a genuine threat. Suso has not put it all together, but is starting to tease us with glimpses against progressively better competition. Pacheco struggled to make himself felt, but that is hardly a surprise, and getting time is a positive in its own right.

Surprisingly, the negatives are really the most established veterans. Carragher was mediocre and worse, slow. Enrique seems to be forgetting how to play the game before our very eyes. Downing was not terrible, but once again spurned the opportunity to be the guy who makes the difference - the sort of opportunity that Shelvey grabbed with both hands.
Sounds like a decent summary...
All in all, not bad to win a game and get 5 goals on the road in Europe with a team that young and inexperienced.
The worst offenders on the day were quite frankly ones that can be replaced...

Status
Not open for further replies.