• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE Match: Young Boys - LFC (Thursday Sept. 20th - 18:00 GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddydave

TIA Youth Team
Would like to see assaidi and suso get a start, maybe even yesil as he has hit some good form. Sterling Gerrard and Saurez should not be risked they are needed for the scum.
Sahin should get in a bit of practise and borini definately needs a confidence boost and this could be the game to get him a goal

------------reina----------
------cara-----coates---
Kelly--------------downing
-----------henderson------
----sahin---------shelvey-
Suso-----borini---assaidi

Sorry for the double post

Liverpaul_FC

TIA Reserve Team
-------------------------Reina-----------------------
--Kelly---------Carra-----Coates---------Robbo--
----------------------Sahin----------------------------
-------Henderson-----------Shelvey----------------
--Downing---------Borini-------------Assaidi----

Subs: Jones, Wilson, Enrique, Suso, Pacheco, Morgan, Suarez

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Reina

Kelly Carra Coates Robinson

Henderson Sahin

Suso

Downing Borini Assaidi

Subs: Jones, Skrtel, Enrique, Allen, Shelvey, Morgan, Pacheco

That's what I'd like to see. Think that front 6 would easily have enough firepower to knock a couple past these, perfect game for Borini to attain some confidence from too.

Also wouldn't begrudge seeing Ngoo on the bench (probably for Pacheco) too. Have never seriously rated the lad but his attitude and work rate is second to none, he'd offer a different option from the bench and has been in excellent form for quite a while now.

OhYaBeauty

Reina

Kelly Carra Coates Robinson

Henderson Sahin

Suso

Downing Borini Assaidi

Subs: Jones, Skrtel, Enrique, Allen, Shelvey, Morgan, Pacheco

That's what I'd like to see. Think that front 6 would easily have enough firepower to knock a couple past these, perfect game for Borini to attain some confidence from too.

Also wouldn't begrudge seeing Ngoo on the bench (probably for Pacheco) too. Have never seriously rated the lad but his attitude and work rate is second to none, he'd offer a different option from the bench and has been in excellent form for quite a while now.
You don't rate Ngoo? Do you think his talents won't translate to top-flight football or do you just not think he's any good at all?

mappen1977

TIA Reserve Team
the Wankdorf stadium. I have never seen a much more appropriately placed "d". Hope some of the lads get a rest here. I felt we suffered against Arsenal after the Hearts game. To be honest I feel we should just use the squad for these games as we got bigger fish to fry until we get to the knockouts. If we get there great, if not I wont lose any sleep.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
People seem to forget that the U10's are playing in Milan on Wednesday so those involved there are are unlikely to be involved. Morgan, Ngoo and Yesil look sure to be involved and Robinson and Suso are eligible although BR may consider them !st teamers now
Has Flanno recovered from his injury? he was still injured for the Chelsea U21 game last week.

craigbellamy

Swinging away, hoping to land one on a motd idiot
I think if we go with our main strategy of maintaing ball possession the young boys defence will eventually lax.
Christ, have i walked onto a "Carry on" film set? Childish talk on a footie forum......

Let's get serious and talk about giving it to young boys.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
You don't rate Ngoo? Do you think his talents won't translate to top-flight football or do you just not think he's any good at all?
I used to think his touch was poor, he dwelt on the ball for too long and some of his finishing was really poor too.

The past few times I've watched him though he's been an absolute handful and he keeps scoring. Whatever the opposite of elegance is, he is the epitome of that. I think it's just his style that makes him look less effective than he really is. He seems to now possess a very impressive amount of strength, combined with his height and his ability to run with the ball, you've got a cocktail of unusual attributes which is very unique in a player.

I've got no firm opinion on how good he'll become, anymore. It would certainly be interesting to see him how he copes in the first team.

OhYaBeauty

I used to think his touch was poor, he dwelt on the ball for too long and some of his finishing was really poor too.

The past few times I've watched him though he's been an absolute handful and he keeps scoring. Whatever the opposite of elegance is, he is the epitome of that. I think it's just his style that makes him look less effective than he really is. He seems to now possess a very impressive amount of strength, combined with his height and his ability to run with the ball, you've got a cocktail of unusual attributes which is very unique in a player.

I've got no firm opinion on how good he'll become, anymore. It would certainly be interesting to see him how he copes in the first team.
For the past six months or so I've become a huge fan, mostly because of the fact that he has a few attributes that don't seem to go together and make for an interesting player.

Druss

TIA Reserve Team
I really want to see some of the kids given a go on Thursday.

I'm hoping to see suso and yesil or ngoo play. Along with the likes of Carra, coates and sahin as the more experience players.

I'm not going to predict the line up. I'd just like to see the above players in the starting 11

Upstate_Chad

TIA Youth Team

I'd say brutish is an appropriate antonym of elegance. I have not watched much of Ngoo, but it seems that if BR wanted that type of player, he would have just kept Carroll in the squad.

King Aldo

TIA Squad Member
I'd like to see Reina, Sterling, Stevie, Joe Allen, Glen J, Suarez, Agger and Borini all given a rest and I'd like to see Sahin, Carra, Coates, Assaidi, Morgan, Enrique, Flanagan and Henderson get a run.

A win would be nice but the main thing is to stuff the Mancs on sunday next.

cardiffpete

TIA Reserve Team
According to BR's interview http://www.guardian....s-europa-league Yesil and Suso may feature. Hopeful of seeing Yesil make his debut. Watched him last week for Deutschland U19 against Wales U19 on a live stream and he made loads of clever moves and he anticipated play very well. Perhaps not quite there yet in all-round play or in physique, but nevertheless he scored (yet again). Germany U19 were in total command of that game.

From the Guardian piece:
Yesil made his first appearance for Liverpool on Saturday in the Under-21s' 4-1 win over Chelsea and could be joined by Suso, an 18-year-old Spanish forward, in what is likely to be a youthful Liverpool side for the opening game in Group A. The Liverpool manager confirmed: "Samed will certainly be fast-tracked. He will be involved in the Europa League game. I watched him play [for Germany] against England Under-19s the other week when he scored two terrific goals and set up another."

Exciting times, if so!
Would also hope for the likes of Coates and Assaidi to feature too, as well as Sahin and Carra

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
I'd say brutish is an appropriate antonym of elegance. I have not watched much of Ngoo, but it seems that if BR wanted that type of player, he would have just kept Carroll in the squad.
NGoo couldn't be any more different to Carroll, only similar attribute is size

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
This is a chance especially Suso and Yesil to do something, stake a claim much like Sterling has done and if so the striker issue may disappear in the end I really dont want to see us without a centre forward on the bench for another game

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
I'd like to see Reina, Sterling, Stevie, Joe Allen, Glen J, Suarez, Agger and Borini all given a rest and I'd like to see Sahin, Carra, Coates, Assaidi, Morgan, Enrique, Flanagan and Henderson get a run.

A win would be nice but the main thing is to stuff the Mancs on sunday next.
That's how it should be until atleast the quarters if we make that far too.

Libero

Is Yesil in this squad ? Id like to see him get a run out.

Bambii

TIA Reserve Team
--------------Gulasci--------------
Kelly-Carra-Coates-Robinon
--------Hendo-----Suso---------
---------------Pacheco-----------
Assaidi-------Yesil-----Downing

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
YB were quality at home against Spurs beating a few years back in that first CL qualifier, under coach Petkovic (now in charge of Lazio) but in those leagues/clubs a lot of things change in a few years, I guess it's a completely different side now. From their current side, can only recall the name of Costanzo, the #10 in midfield who then seemed like the playmaker or key man for their creativity.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
with all due respect to the game against muncs, can't really see a reason to put a weak line up against young boys.

sure, i would rest a few key players, mainly suarez, gerrard, and agger. but would still feature a strong side, i think coming in to the PL match after a win would be huge boost to the self confidence of the squad.
thought about resting skrtel, but i think he and Reina need an easy run out more than anybody.

the damage of losing this game is allmost unthinkable. talk about a snowball effect.

this is not the time to let the kids out. not yet anyway.

OhYaBeauty

--------------Gulasci--------------
Kelly-Carra-Coates-Robinon
--------Hendo-----Suso---------
---------------Pacheco-----------
Assaidi-------Yesil-----Downing
That team is way too weak defensively through the center. Playing with two no. 10 type players in the center leaves a lot of work defensively for the third midfielder, and Henderson isn't known for his ability to shield the defense.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
For me this game should be about experimenting with different attackers while putting out a strong side. Johnson, Gerrard, Agger and Suarez should all start on the bench.

Reina
Kelly Carra Coates Downing
Allen Henderson
Pacheco
Borini Yesil Assaidi​

Bench: Gulasci, Gerrard, Johnson, Skrtel or Agger, Suarez, Suso, Shelvey

With this we should be solid at the back (hopefully will not concede), allowing our new and younger players an opportunity to show us something in attack.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
YB were quality at home against Spurs beating a few years back in that first CL qualifier, under coach Petkovic (now in charge of Lazio) but in those leagues/clubs a lot of things change in a few years, I guess it's a completely different side now. From their current side, can only recall the name of Costanzo, the #10 in midfield who then seemed like the playmaker or key man for their creativity.

You're perfectly right, mate, they are a different side now, and not for the better imo, but we should be wary not only of Costanzo (who has become a better player since the times playing against Tottenham), but also of Wölffli (goalkeeper) Scott Sutter (full back), Nuzzolo (good strong CM), and especially Raoul Bobadilla, who played for Mönchengladbach before moving to YB, and knows where the goal is, especially on free kicks.

Luckily for us, they just lost Mayuka, their regular goalscorer last season, who went to Southampton.

So, all in all, I'd say it's a feasible task for a reasonably equilibrated squad of youngsters and more experimented players. It won't be a walk-over by any means, but if the squad can play to it's full potential, I'd expect a win, even without the likes of Gerrard, Suarez etc.

Probably, comparing this side's strength to that of Hearts isn't too far away from reality.

kylel39

Never bite the hand that feed's you.......Luis
We really have a load of options for this one, so many different 'experiments' as they are. I'm not saying these 'experiments' will get the result required but I'd rather see a bunch youngsters given an opportunity.

But Brendan has a lot of options with this one. He could play Downing at LB or as either LF/RF. Borini another run out as CF, Morgan/Ngoo CF. Even Kelly at CB with Coates. There's a lot of options when you consider the younger lads involved.

I'd like to see the following;

Gulacsi

Flanno Kelly Coates Downing

Hendo Sahin Suso

Pacheco Borini Assiadi​

Bench; Yesil, Ngoo, Carra, Allen, Shelvey, Suarez, Reina

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
This is a match that Andy Carroll should have been starting in and young Yesil being 'fast-tracked' (very unfair on the lad) only illustrates what a huge error it was to let him go.

Yeah I'm still pissed off with that one.

I hope Suso get's a game to give him some encouragement after his U-19 heroics. It would be nice for him to finally 'arrive' in the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.