• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE Match: Young Boys - LFC (Thursday Sept. 20th - 18:00 GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhYaBeauty

This is a match that Andy Carroll should have been starting in and young Yesil being 'fast-tracked' (very unfair on the lad) only illustrates what a huge error it was to let him go.

Yeah I'm still pissed off with that one.

I hope Suso get's a game to give him some encouragement after his U-19 heroics. It would be nice for him to finally 'arrive' in the first team.
I'm optimistic about our youngsters getting playing time. We know that Yesil can score at the reserve level. He scored something like 80 in a 100 for Leverkusen's reserves and just picked up 3 in 2 games with Germany's U19s and an assist. Its time for him to be given a shot in the first team and that's likely to happen now that we're short of strikers.

I think our lack of senior strikers could end up being a blessing in disguise as our young strikers and wingers (Yesil, Ngoo, Morgan, Suso and Pacheco) will get the chance to use their youthful enthusiasm in senior games.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
This is a match that Andy Carroll should have been starting in and young Yesil being 'fast-tracked' (very unfair on the lad) only illustrates what a huge error it was to let him go.

Yeah I'm still pissed off with that one.

I hope Suso get's a game to give him some encouragement after his U-19 heroics. It would be nice for him to finally 'arrive' in the first team.
I think Yesil starting this would/will be great. Andy Carroll starting in a system that he dosen't fit in against Young Boys does what exactly for Andy and the club? We are buliding for more than one season. Yesil has proven himself and needs the next level, even if that means him struggling.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Good news:

suso30fernandez @suso30fernandez
Travelling tomorrow for the Europe League game(UEFA)... Now at home chilling and playing PS3.

Daniel Pacheco @dani37pacheco
Im in the squad for thursday at europa league's match. Very happy.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
Good news:

Travelling tomorrow for the Europe League game(UEFA)... Now at home chilling and playing PS3.

So happy these players are finally going to get to play.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Good news:

That's great news! Hopefully we will see both of them in action on Thursday!

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
Great news above, I don't know about you guys but I'm getting very excited for this game, more then usual for a Europa draw. Can't wait to see some youngsters hopefully take their chances, hoping Pacheco, Suso, and Yesil are up to it. Also looking forward to Sahin.

It is here in the US. FSC at 1pm I think.
This is correct.

Druss

TIA Reserve Team
For me this game should be about experimenting with different attackers while putting out a strong side. Johnson, Gerrard, Agger and Suarez should all start on the bench.

Reina
Kelly Carra Coates Downing
Allen Henderson
Pacheco
Borini Yesil Assaidi​

Bench: Gulasci, Gerrard, Johnson, Skrtel or Agger, Suarez, Suso, Shelvey

With this we should be solid at the back (hopefully will not concede), allowing our new and younger players an opportunity to show us something in attack.
i Definitely think Allen needs a rest so he's ready for the man u game. Sahin most definitely needs to start. The more he plays the sooner we'll start seeing the player he was in Germany. I'm not sure we'll see Pacheco in the midfield either. But we'll fined out on Thursday

lollysuarez

Good news:

yayayayyyyyyyyyyy we have the little andalusians listed :D :D Hope to see them together at some point.

WrinkledMind

Living A Life Consumed By Slow Decay.
Delighted to see Dani getting a chance.Heres wishing him well.

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
ITV 4 from 5:30 pm (KO 6:00pm) so straight into the nearest watering hole after work for me. If they have Sky on or whatever I'll be having words with the barkeep.
ffs...that early? having a prayer of getiing home in time for that. Seems like bar time for myself too.....curses ;-)

lollysuarez

ITV 4 from 5:30 pm (KO 6:00pm) so straight into the nearest watering hole after work for me. If they have Sky on or whatever I'll be having words with the barkeep.
In my tv is showing motorsport UK in ITV4 :(
oh dear, I thought it was today and then I read it is on Thursday 20th :p

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
ffs...that early? having a prayer of getiing home in time for that. Seems like bar time for myself too.....curses ;-)
Our Swiss chums are one hour ahead of us as, is most of mainland Europe; even so I reckon they must knock off earlier than we do in the land of the cuckoo clocks.

Matt

Poor Scouser Tommy
Admin
Suarez, Gerrard, Reina, Agger, Allen and Johnson not travelling. Good news!

Libero

I think we will line up something like this.

Jones
Kelly Carra Coates Enrique
Henderson Sahin Shelvey
Downing Yesil Assaidi

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Suarez, Gerrard, Reina, Agger, Allen and Johnson not travelling. Good news!
Our Swiss chums are one hour ahead of us as, is most of mainland Europe; even so I reckon they must knock off earlier than we do in the land of the cuckoo clocks.
They always do this with Europa group matches 3 will be at 6 and 3 at 8 of our 6 games....I remember Everton Kicking off at 5 a few years ago not sure why mind

OhYaBeauty

The last few paragraphs of this article from the Telegraph says that Samed Yesil and Andre Wisdom will be making the trip to Switzerland, and Reina, Suarez and Gerrard will not.

Matt says Agger, Allen, and Johnson are out, and Suso has tweeted that he'll be travelling.

Sweeting says that Morgan is not going to Milan, so he's likely a lock for Young Boys.

Gulacsi, Jones, Kelly, Flanagan, Coates, Carragher, Wisdom, Enrique, Robinson, Downing, Sahin, Henderson, Shelvey, Suso, Sterling, Yesil, Borini, Cole, Assaidi and Morgan are all those available for selection, then, if reports are to be believed. That's 19 players, which means two of those will stay home, but the rest will likely be the players that make up the starting XI and the bench.

cb24

TIA Reserve Team
Mate, there is also Pacheco to add to that list as he also tweeted he was in the squad.

I think if we look ahead to united, we may have something like this:

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
Gerrard Allen Sahin/Shelvey
Sterling Suarez Borini/Assaidi/Downing

so, based on the confirmed ins and outs, I'm thinking Brendan will be looking ahead at who out of Nuri and Jonjo will start in the middle against united and whether Borini might have more of an impact coming off the bench in that game, leaving something like the following for YB:

Jones
Henderson Sahin Shelvey
Borini Yesil Assaidi

Subs: Gulacsi, Suso, Pacheco, Flanagan, Enrique, Cole, Morgan

Whoever out of Nuri and Jonjo is going to get the start on Sunday will get subbed out during the game, probably Nuri with Shelvey playing the deeper lying midfield role in this game as well as being fitter at this point. Hopefully Suso and Pacheco come on at some stage.

TRU-RED

TIA New Signing
Looking forward to seeing Yesil play.. Hopefully he can bang in a few..

Matt

Poor Scouser Tommy
Admin
Here's what I'd go for:

Jones
Flanagan Carra Coates Robinson
Downing Henderson Sahin
Morgan Yesil Assaidi

OhYaBeauty

Mate, there is also Pacheco to add to that list as he also tweeted he was in the squad.

I think if we look ahead to united, we may have something like this:

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
Gerrard Allen Sahin/Shelvey
Sterling Suarez Borini/Assaidi/Downing

so, based on the confirmed ins and outs, I'm thinking Brendan will be looking ahead at who out of Nuri and Jonjo will start in the middle against united and whether Borini might have more of an impact coming off the bench in that game, leaving something like the following for YB:

Jones
Henderson Sahin Shelvey
Borini Yesil Assaidi

Subs: Gulacsi, Suso, Pacheco, Flanagan, Enrique, Cole, Morgan

Whoever out of Nuri and Jonjo is going to get the start on Sunday will get subbed out during the game, probably Nuri with Shelvey playing the deeper lying midfield role in this game as well as being fitter at this point. Hopefully Suso and Pacheco come on at some stage.
Good catch, and that's pretty much what I'd expect from each team. There isn't a backup central defender in your subs bench for Young Boys though and Wisdom is traveling so I'd guess he'll be on the bench.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Pearce said that Wisdom is another one who will travel, glad if that's true but hope he's viewed as a CB option (though Wilson will probably be the one on the bench) rather than a RB.

OhYaBeauty

I'm going to go out on a limb and pick Coates, Henderson, and Yesil to score.

Ilias_Liverpool

I'm really looking forward to watch Yesil in first team action. Is he going to be in the starting XI?

Bruce

TIA New Signing
Think some of you guys are underestimating Young Boys, it's still European football and those guys will be motivated as hell to play a team like Liverpool. I agree with giving some of our new and younger guys a chance, but don't expect miracles.

Status
Not open for further replies.