• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE Match: Young Boys - LFC (Thursday Sept. 20th - 18:00 GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
I was Just about to right the exact same thing.

That is a pretty fucking sorry state of affairs for LFC to be in. Are we just going to pack the defence, and park the bus Vs the mighty Young Boys?

What a fucking joke our squad is.
How about we just watch the game first?

I too am not sure about Pacheco upfront, but lets see how it pans out. Very interesting team but I expect us to be quite disjointed.

The Henderson, Sahin and Suso midfield is what I wanted to see though, should be very easy on the eye.

kwala

TIA Regular
How about we just watch the game first?

I too am not sure about Pacheco upfront, but lets see how it pans out. Very interesting team but I expect us to be quite disjointed.

The Henderson, Sahin and Suso midfield is what I wanted to see though, should be very easy on the eye.
Indeed. As I already said, I am delighted sahin, Suso, Pacheco, and assaidi are starting.

Playing Pacheco at cf is just daft though. We could have played yesil, Morgan, n'goo etc. It is pointless giving Dani a chance, but playing him out of position. He is never going to have the required attributes to play at cf, not if he stays with us for another 12 years. It is akin to not giving him a chance at all.

Can Assaidi play cf? Maybe we are miss reading the line up?

Colin

TIA First Team
Love the lineup apart from Downing up front.

Would have gave the start to Yesil although i see why BR didn't.

Eyes on Suso, Assadi and Pacheco :)

tooloom

TIA Youth Team
Does anybody have any SopCast streams for this one?
http://livetv.ru/en/eventinfo/133780_young_boys_liverpool/

has a few (but not in English) and some browser links

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/

has a dozen browser links.

YNWA

gr_sounder

Indeed. As I already said, I am delighted sahin, Suso, Pacheco, and assaidi are starting.

Playing Pacheco at cf is just daft though. We could have played yesil, Morgan, n'goo etc. It is pointless giving Dani a chance, but playing him out of position. He is never going to have the required attributes to play at cf, not if he stays with us for another 12 years. It is akin to not giving him a chance at all.

I think we ought to see what the final lineup really is and hwo they play. Just because someone lines up in the center of the front attacking line doesn't mean they are going to be playing like a prototypical center forward. I am guessing with the personnel at hand that the forward line is intending to be much more fluid... but we'll see.

OhYaBeauty

I heard he's almost exclusively an inverted winger. We might see him centrally but most likely it'll be Downing right, Pacheco middle, Assaidi left

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
About time we got some luck.

Loving the higher tempo we're showing so far. Our first team play has missed that bite and pace.

Alex

since 2004
we have very limited tokens of luck per season. that's one should have been used on sunday

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
we have very limited tokens of luck per season. that's one should have been used on sunday
I'm sure if it happens again we'll appeal to have the goal disallowed.

OhYaBeauty

Assaidi just broke that guy's ankles! I like the look of his ball skills right now.

gb1986

Not enough bodies in the box still... Hope Assaidi just decides to go it alone in a minute instead of crossing, there's no one there.

REDSkins

TIA Youth Team
Am gonna leave this thread soon as I'm planning to watch it at home later but I don't see why Pacheco can't handle being a center forward. Not a typical English CF, of course not, but he is a forward nevertheless and can score goals.

I heard he's almost exclusively an inverted winger. We might see him centrally but most likely it'll be Downing right, Pacheco middle, Assaidi left
Assaidi can also play as a #10 but Suso is already out there for this one. Ahhhh I'm leaving, I need to see this one for myself later. Never been so excited to see a game of this sort, with young players, in quite a long time.

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
Odd pressing approach. Suso and Pacheco are closing down the centrebacks but Assaidi and Downing are dropping off into a bank of four with Henderson/Sahin.

Jack_Slevin

TIA New Signing
Assaidi looks good in terms of taking on his man. great to see someone other than Raheem that can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.