• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE Match: Young Boys - LFC (Thursday Sept. 20th - 18:00 GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Boss from Wisdom, been so comfortable so far.

Showing up Enrique on the other flank.

OhYaBeauty

Get in Wisdom! Who said you can't win anything with kids?!... Erm oops, guess that was a Red...

Upstate_Chad

TIA Youth Team
Horrible from Enrique! What the hell was he thinking there? At this point, I think i prefer Downing in that position.

gb1986

Lovely little flick there as well, seems to have good awareness. CB is his natural position isn't it? This is the first time i've seen him play.

Bruce

TIA New Signing
Looks like my sopcast is running behind, lol. Very nice header that, good for him.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Get in Wisdom! Who said you can't win anything with kids?!... Erm oops, guess that was a Red...
We haven't won anything yet.

Ironically enough though, it's our senior players that have let us down this season.

Close call there.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Thank god for Wisdom because that equaliser was beyond embarassing, you don't have to pretty pass in the box, hoof the bloody thing!

kwala

TIA Regular
Great header from Wisdom.

We have been terrible as an attacking unit. Absolutely no threat (yet again). Midfielders are happy to stand an watch rather than get in the box. Assaidi, Pacheco, and Downing are playing as 3 individuals. Absolutely no inter play, movement or support for one another.

The stats will say we dominated possession. The stats won't tell the brutal fact that our defenders and static midfielders dominated possession.

Fuck I am a misserable bastard these days.

Oh, and if we moved the ball any slower there would be bloody moss on it when it reached its target.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
I'd like to see Yesil come on for the woeful Enrique at some point with a reshuffle of players putting Downing at Left Back and Pacheco on the wing.

OhYaBeauty

I hate to say be negative towards Pacheco, but we need to get him off the pitch. As a center forward, he's never where he needs to be. Too many times there's nobody in front of Suso to move the ball to and our attack gets stunted. Bring on Yesil and see what he can do.

Assaidi's dribbling looks like it could be a real game changer. Hopefully it continues.

Wisdom looks solid so far and deserves a goal for playing so well above his level. Enrique needs to be told he's a defender, not a forward, and he has no business dribbling the ball as much as he does. Just clear the fucking thing out of bounds. Its amazing he hasn't learned since last year.

Hopefully Coates plays a little better with the ball from here on, he's been giving it away by hoofing it up to our strong CF Pacheco. He plays it on the ground for Uruguay, he should do so here too. Carra looks good.

I like Henderson, Sahin and Suso in midfield. Hendo and Sahin both look great in a disciplined role and Suso looks good on the ball. They just need to be able to move better together to give each other quick outlet passes...

captain chaos

TIA Youth Team
interesting game, liking the quickness of the passing in the first 10-15 mins, dropped off a little as the 1st half drew to a close tho.
Pacheco is abit isolated, (not sure this is his best position in all honesty but am pleased he's getting time on the pitch atm) & there's not many if any runs into the box (especially from deep), it's really noticeable when we whip one in and there's 3 CD's around one striker with ittle support, I'm looking forward to the second half to see how this game/team develops.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!

tamir_m

TIA Reserve Team
Not too worried about the attacking play, didnt expected them to 'click' right away.

but we can see flashes of quality from some players, very promising

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Enrique and Carragher look clueless at times, Jamie's being turned far too easily and Enrique's been his usual braindead self. Wisdom and Coates have been much better, although I agree Coates needs to keep possession a little better.

Sahin's been quite loose in possession at times, but his corners look decent at least. Henderson's been very tidy on the ball and has pressed very well, working hard. Suso looks much better facing the opposition goal than he does with his back to it, as does Pacheco. Don't think either of their positions suit them well.

I too would move Downing to left back, put Pacheco on the right and bring Yesil or Morgan on for Enrique, that or just a straight swap for Pacheco, with Robinson coming on for Enrique.

Upstate_Chad

TIA Youth Team
I'd like to see Yesil come on for the woeful Enrique at some point with a reshuffle of players putting Downing at Left Back and Pacheco on the wing.
I was thinking the exact same thing! I think that if we have a 1 goal lead or are even Borini will come on. If 2 goal lead or down, Yesil will come on.

Enrique has been woeful.

Anonym0us

TIA Youth Team
pretty happy overall. enrique ......

very happy with suso, wisdom & assaidi

henderson & sahin having a good game but their position has put us open on the counter a few times

i feel for pacheco he isnt a CF and he was chasing/pressuring the defense

Colin

TIA First Team
Henderson stole a good assist of Downing who had actually made the perfect pass. Good clearance Henderson ffs!

Then we go and concede equaliser....

Arminius

FSG PR plant
The left hand side should be stronger than the right, with Downing, Enrique, and Carragher - yet it is routinely getting exploited.

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
Anyone else think that Jones looks much better than previously?

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Another woeful pass from Enrique, he usually saves those for the opposing end.

Status
Not open for further replies.