• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre Season 20/21 Saalfelden, Austria

Livvy

Alles wird gut
With the Reds planning to take in their usual training camp in Evian, in the south of France, beginning this weekend, this was a blow to Jurgen Klopp‘s preparations.

But they are now expected to travel to Austria for fitness work instead, with Salzburg publication Kronen Zeitung reporting that Liverpool will spend 10 days in Saalfelden.

A town of around 16,000, Saalfelden is just over an hour from Salzburg, where the Reds played one of their Champions League group games last season.

Klopp and his squad are expected to stay in a four-star resort in the Austrian mountains, with the training camp freeing them of usual media obligations and allowing them to focus on work.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
Last edited:

FGred

With the Reds planning to take in their usual training camp in Evian, in the south of France, beginning this weekend, this was a blow to Jurgen Klopp‘s preparations.

But they are now expected to travel to Austria for fitness work instead, with Salzburg publication Kronen Zeitung reporting that Liverpool will spend 10 days in Saalfelden.

A town of around 16,000, Saalfelden is just over an hour from Salzburg, where the Reds played one of their Champions League group games last season.

Klopp and his squad are expected to stay in a four-star resort in the Austrian mountains, with the training camp freeing them of usual media obligations and allowing them to focus on work.

Sorry Livvy but Evian is not in the south of France but very close to lake Geneva and Annecy why can’t they go there again by the way?

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
Anyone know if we are going to be playing any pre-season warm up matches at all? (apart from the Charity shield)

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
Don’t get why they have left the UK this pre season especially with this all happening and the hassle of it.

Probably won't be as hardcore as normal traning camps,having not long finished last season but Klopp likes to take his teams away for team bonding,it's probably a mental break from the norm aswell as better weather.

I guess it's not the best time to travel but you can guarantee they'll have the safest and best treatment/environment to train in,i'd imagine no stone will be unturned in regards to this virus and being in a safe bubble.

Zoran

It's a huge plus in this situation that Klopp has all players available from day 1.

I think that's fantastic for us, considering we're very creative internally. Klopp already had that full month just after the break when he said it was the first time here he could train with all players here for about 3 weeks.

Let's go back to work and start the season like animals. :cool:

Mystryman01

Anyone know which youth players have travelled to Austria?
Read somewhere that Brewster travelled, apart from the usual trio of Elliot, Jones and Williams
Wonder if anyone joined

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
Yes, it definitely is. No idea what they are doing there... did they take the wrong flight? :unsure: :LOL:
:LOL: :ROFLMAO:(y)
Maybe they were on holiday together and then went from Geneve to the Austrian Training camp. Both places look sooo scenic. I wish I was there right now, breathing in all that Alpine air.