• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre Season 20/21 Saalfelden, Austria

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
My point I was making was of concern, whatever Klopp said and did at half time worked, was just sluggish that first half.

Winning brings confidence and the fashion they did it in should help, the back line doesn’t bother me as it’s 3 even 4 of its main components but not at least knocking 3 in would have been a concern.

Robertson and Mane did well last week and Keita the rest were disappointing, but then to draw against an Arsenal side having played only 30 minutes probably should make me more confident, like most games if we have a 45 minute spell we usually win.

Redopium

Massive improvement in the second half, we blew them away with Keita running the game. Fabinho needs game time to get up to speed so a bit surprised he went off so early. Jones is very promising and Minamino came back into the game. Looking forward to next weekend big time. :love:

FGred

I was not worried at all at halftime last year in certain matches in preseason we were lackadaisical and the front three took a while to get going but in the second half once they blew the cobwebs they blew blackpool as well
Both Salah and Sadio will be ok Come Leeds I wouldn’t read anything into these friendlies

nikz200

Maybe Mane can finish
It’s good its ended this way but the first half, for the first 40 + minutes we were dogshit awful, unable to finish to save our lives. I don’t think Leeds will play against us this way if they were up 2-0, but the emphasis needs to be getting early control of the game and dominating opposition like this. I suppose we can appreciate that this was a make shift back line, but at the same time, the front 3 in that first half was really ineffectual. Once the second half came and we made changes we looked better, but then from the first half if we had put away our chances it wouldn’t drag on to needing us to come back would it? I don’t blame Koumetio cause the lad is young and there is promise for him, but mane , firminO and Salah are vital to us performing in the league. We need their goals , and if they are not sharp , its going to be a problem.

Positives
- Curtis Jones looking the business
- Harvey Elliott scoring, still don’t think he will play a part in the league or UCL games, but its good that he scored with the senior team even if it is only a friendly.
- Taki scoring is great and it gives him a bit more momentum going into the season. One can hope he can be very involved with our attack this season and bolster the front 3 when they are misfiring.
- Van Der Berg and Phillips did good in their cameos.

Negatives
- first half
- poor finishing for the first 40 minutes
- fabinho poor performance