• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Premier league fixtures 2019/20

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
So, less than a week after we paraded the European Champions League trophy, the fixtures for our domestic league are released next Thursday (13th June) at 9am.

Always an interesting time to dissect our fixture list in and around our champions league games and of course our trip to Qatar. And who we play on Boxing Day and over the new year. I always think starting and ending the season at home is a good start...

Anyway, who do you want up first?
Personally I’d like Norwich at home.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
We always seem to play Arsenal within 3 weeks of my birthday (middle of January).

I think I'd like a mid-table team to get us up and running with a solid 3 points. I'd go for United at Old Trafford.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Wasn’t there a leaked dossier which stated that top 6 clubs can’t face each other on the first or last game of the season...
Tbh I always dread early season big games. I’d rather face the challengers when we have a bit of momentum and our signings have settled.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Is expect nothing less than a difficult draw. The CWC may only change 1 or 2 Premier League fixtures, but they are likely going to need to be moved to the new year. I think we might go deep into the domestic cups next season as well so I feel it will be a very congested new year. And we all know how Klopp loves that time of year....

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Wasn’t there a leaked dossier which stated that top 6 clubs can’t face each other on the first or last game of the season...
Tbh I always dread early season big games. I’d rather face the challengers when we have a bit of momentum and our signings have settled.
Weren't Emery's first two games Chelsea and United or something?

[it was City then Chelsea]

richieh10

There actually is a policy that the PL have that the ‘bigger’ clubs play the ‘lesser’ clubs the first week of the season. that way it keeps the glamour ties back for TV. Same with the Derby. That’ll be held back to have on the same weekend as the Glasgow/Manchester/One of the London Derbies.

With that in mind we can rule out

City
Chelsea
Spurs
Arsenal
Everton
United

Last season we started off at home if memory serves me right... which means we will probably start off away this time out however I’m sure that the seasons before the last we started off away both times.... so maybe that isn’t a thing.

Dunno why but I’ve got a feeling it will be either Villa, Sheffield United or Brighton.

One thing for sure is Dec/January is gonna be a bitch with fixtures everywhere do reinforcements are 100% needed!

We shall see in 24 hours.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
There actually is a policy that the PL have that the ‘bigger’ clubs play the ‘lesser’ clubs the first week of the season. that way it keeps the glamour ties back for TV. Same with the Derby. That’ll be held back to have on the same weekend as the Glasgow/Manchester/One of the London Derbies.

With that in mind we can rule out

City
Chelsea
Spurs
Arsenal
Everton
United

Last season we started off at home if memory serves me right... which means we will probably start off away this time out however I’m sure that the seasons before the last we started off away both times.... so maybe that isn’t a thing.

Dunno why but I’ve got a feeling it will be either Villa, Sheffield United or Brighton.

One thing for sure is Dec/January is gonna be a bitch with fixtures everywhere do reinforcements are 100% needed!

We shall see in 24 hours.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
See that, raise you a:

Arsenal did immediately follow an opening game against City with an away game at Chelsea. Ouch.

Safe to say that there isn't any such policy in place anymore.

peter roberts

On the Celtic Ray
Wolves away

That's just about the last one I'd want first up. Those fuckers are capable of beating anyone on their day , have already done us once there , and would like nothing more than the chance to beat the European Champions on the opening day in front of their baying fans. No thanks.

I'd like us just to be at home so we can show off the cup. Tottenham would be nice. :-)

igor_piss_can

Apparently we have Burnley away 17.30 ko

According to the same leak apparently City are away at Wolves on the Monday too which would be a tricky one. These things never seem to be right but I'd take that now if it was offered

richieh10

Both of those examples you have said Arsenal finished outside the top 4 when they had City and we finished outside the top 4 when we had arsenal

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Weren't Emery's first two games Chelsea and United or something?

[it was City then Chelsea]
I don't think it was even a leaked dossier - and I think it was top 5, explaining Arsenal's schedule. No 'big games', i.e. top 5 v top 5, no derbies on the first and last matches of the season.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Both of those examples you have said Arsenal finished outside the top 4 when they had City and we finished outside the top 4 when we had arsenal
a) no they didn't, and apologies, they did
b) on the basis of your 'policy' you listed six teams that we couldn't be drawn against
City
Chelsea
Spurs
Arsenal
Everton
United

Arminius

FSG PR plant
a) no they didn't, and apologies, they did
b) on the basis of your 'policy' you listed six teams that we couldn't be drawn against
City
Chelsea
Spurs
Arsenal
Everton
United
I believe that is correct, top 5 plus two 'derbies' - admittedly a stretch of the definition to call LFC-ManU a derby per se.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
I believe that is correct, top 5 plus two 'derbies' - admittedly a stretch of the definition to call LFC-ManU a derby per se.
Must be by default given their lowly league position