• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Premier league fixtures 2019/20

richieh10

That’s the top 3, city spurs chelsea

The Derby - Everton

And arguably the biggest game in the premier league as far as world wide supporters goes - United.

We won’t play any of those either first or last game of the season. Those games sell themselves and don’t need to be first game of the season as they attract interest without being first (or last) game of the season.

That leaked document is 100% fake. Games are announced and then the TV take their pick... they don’t announce televised games until the tv companies have their pick.

richieh10

Pretty sure I’ve seen somewhere as well that the season is kicking off on the Friday night as well?!?

Mattyhurst83

Pretty sure I’ve seen somewhere as well that the season is kicking off on the Friday night as well?!?
That is probably likely, did a few years back, the leak is a lie as the TV companies only confirm their choices about 2-3 weeks after.

I expect away as we were home last season, though I’d love a home game.

richieh10

We always seem to get Arsenal early on so I reckon we’ll start away to somebody like (Burnley, Brighton, Southampton) then first home game be against arsenal

jaffod

We need to play some bums first 2 games as we"ll almost certainly be without Salah and Mane plus we have the Super Cup inbetween.

richieh10

I think when they categorise it as big clubs they’re basically saying the top 4

Retro Helix

Community Shield - LFC v Man City - 4 August
PL - #LFC v Norwich - 9 August
European Super Cup - #LFC v Chelsea - 14 August
PL - Southampton v #LFC - 17 August
PL - #LFC v Arsenal - 24 August
PL - Burnley v #LFC - 31 August

At this rate our players will be burnt out by end September.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
My thoughts:

- More balanced big game fixtures this season. We play away to Spurs, Arsenal, City, bitters in the second half of the season. It was MU and City only last season wasn't it?

- Christmas period looks good. WHU and Watford likely to be moved due to CWC

- depending on how both clubs go this season and our CL progression, it's a bit of a dicey start to May. Play Arsenal away and Chelsea home after CL semis midweek (here's hoping)

- CL group stage sandwiched between United away and Spurs home

- Traditionally Jan/Feb is an awful time for us. We play both Spurs(a), United (h), and wolves (a) in this period. Could be interesting.

- Prefer having some of our big away games in April/May like this season when we are likely flying

Overall, it looks better than I thought it would be.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Community Shield - LFC v Man City - 4 August
PL - #LFC v Norwich - 9 August
European Super Cup - #LFC v Chelsea - 14 August
PL - Southampton v #LFC - 17 August
PL - #LFC v Arsenal - 24 August
PL - Burnley v #LFC - 31 August

At this rate our players will be burnt out by end September.
We did ok when we had to go through CL qualifications 2 years ago.

Herb

Doesn’t look bad to me. Maybe 3 periods with a run of tough fixtures, but plenty of others where we could realistically be winning 7 or 8 on the spin.