• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Premier league fixtures 2019/20

RodM

The total annoying thing about this opening fixture is that we are flying in that night for a family party. Plane arrives at Manchester at 19:05. Is there any chance of getting through border control, baggage, picking up the hire car and making it to Liverpool in time to catch the kick-off on the telly at 20:00? If not, I may have to make do with the second half (or get my wife to drive so I can watch it on my phone.)

LaurazRed

The hopeful one
So, less than a week after we paraded the European Champions League trophy, the fixtures for our domestic league are released next Thursday (13th June) at 9am.

Always an interesting time to dissect our fixture list in and around our champions league games and of course our trip to Qatar. And who we play on Boxing Day and over the new year. I always think starting and ending the season at home is a good start...

Anyway, who do you want up first?
Personally I’d like Norwich at home.
Was that a lucky guess?

FGred

Your wish is their command we’ve got Norwich at
Community Shield - LFC v Man City - 4 August
PL - #LFC v Norwich - 9 August
European Super Cup - #LFC v Chelsea - 14 August
PL - Southampton v #LFC - 17 August
PL - #LFC v Arsenal - 24 August
PL - Burnley v #LFC - 31 August

At this rate our players will be burnt out by end September.
Damn I forgot about the other fixtures in that period I suppose that is the price we pay for success

Nickle3

The game against Schalke is called off. I want to watch a game in Anfield, but I am from Germany so my question is: is it easy to get tickets against Norwich City(9.8.19), Arsenal(24.8.19) or Tottenham(26.10.19) as a "light member"?

igor_piss_can

The total annoying thing about this opening fixture is that we are flying in that night for a family party. Plane arrives at Manchester at 19:05. Is there any chance of getting through border control, baggage, picking up the hire car and making it to Liverpool in time to catch the kick-off on the telly at 20:00? If not, I may have to make do with the second half (or get my wife to drive so I can watch it on my phone.)
Manchester isn't too bad for getting through border control. Longest I've had to wait is about 15 minutes, sometimes I've flown through in less than 5. They usually have automated scanners and a few people on the desk checking so the queues move pretty quickly. The drive to Liverpool from Manchester takes about 40 minutes, pretty impossible that you'll make the KO but if you're lucky you might only miss the first 20 minutes & 6 of our goals

Last edited:

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Interesting schedule - ManU has a chance to make a very strong start with a run of home games against top teams early, but will really need to bank wins. We have something of the opposite, much softer finish to the season.

FGred

The only way is to try and find a bar at the Manchester airport where the game might be televised and watch it there? But the other alternative already suggested by another member is to go to Liverpool and be content to miss the first half.

richieh10

The game against Schalke is called off. I want to watch a game in Anfield, but I am from Germany so my question is: is it easy to get tickets against Norwich City(9.8.19), Arsenal(24.8.19) or Tottenham(26.10.19) as a "light member"?
The only chance you’ve got of picking up tickets to any of those games is to book a hospitality ticket.... will cost you more but at least you’ll get a ticket and won’t be mugged off by a tout outside the ground.

pxmose

So, less than a week after we paraded the European Champions League trophy, the fixtures for our domestic league are released next Thursday (13th June) at 9am.

Always an interesting time to dissect our fixture list in and around our champions league games and of course our trip to Qatar. And who we play on Boxing Day and over the new year. I always think starting and ending the season at home is a good start...

You got your wish...

Mattyhurst83

To be honest it might be better to play those teams at that point, the rest of the fixture list looks fine to me.

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
great opening game for us,
but i find it odd that Man City start the campaign away.

Cos in Scotland the league winners (usually Celtic) play the first game at home,
and get to unfurl the league winners flag before the game, usually a club legend would do this.
this flag flies in the stadium all season.

Why does this not happen in England, any idea?

Man City could have a club legend like.......

ehhhhhhhh, never mind...

oh no wait..........

Stephen Ireland!!!

Unfurl a giant plastic league winners flag,

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Light membership allows you an opportunity to buy tickets for all games but there are restrictions. The Arsenal and Spurs games will probably require a certain number of credits from last season for you to be eligible. This is usually set at 4 games. The Norwich game is unlikely to require any credits from last season and there will be a bulk sale for members covering all games in the first half of the season. This is usually held in mid July. There is an additional members sale held roughly 2 weeks before each game and tickets will pop up randomly on the ticket site right up until the day before kick off.

Demand last season was insanely high and it was very difficult to get tickets via members sales. It won't be any easier next season. The system is infested with organised touting and ticket bots. I wouldn't advise people to take out new memberships until the ticket system is overhauled or the ground is expanded. You will likely be wasting your money. If you want to be sure of getting a ticket early enough to book travel, hotels etc then hospitality is your best bet. Please don't buy from touts. They are cunts.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies

Your wish is granted. I suppose you'd also like us to do a clean sweep of trophies this season? OK, done.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Your wish is granted. I suppose you'd also like us to do a clean sweep of trophies this season? OK, done.
Truth be known I found a magic lamp not long ago and had three wishes.
I used one of them in the second leg against Barcelona, I used another for the final against spurs and then stupidly I used my last one to get a home game against Norwich.
I haven’t been thinking straight since origi scored. Apologies.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Playing on 26th December, 28th and then January first. That's an absolute skull-cracker... luckily for us, two of these games are at home, but still... :eh?:

As for the run-in, I don't think I've ever witnessed such a tough one since I follow LFC, at least on paper.

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
The good aspect of our fixtures is our December when things come thick and fast we have a good set of opponents.

Everton
Bournemouth
Watford
West ham
Leicester
Wolves
Sheffield United.

Periods I worry about are late October/early November

Our fixtures will be:

United (A) on 19th
Champions league on 22nd
Spurs (H) on 26th
League cup on 30th
Villa (A) on 2nd
Champions League on 5th
Manchester City (H) on the 9th

With any luck the CL fixtures will be kind to us.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ the big dog's doodahs
Periods I worry about are late October/early November

Our fixtures will be:

United (A) on 19th
Champions league on 22nd
Spurs (H) on 26th
League cup on 30th
Villa (A) on 2nd

With any luck the CL fixtures will be kind to us.
I'm hoping our luck's in and we get a kind draw, but I am not counting on it.