• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Premier League Records

-The Analyst-

Given the best ever performance recorded after 22 Premier League games, I have indentified the records Liverpool might break this season. One has already been broken.

This will be updated after every Liverpool game

-----------------------------

NEW RECORD:
Most points over 38 consecutive Premier League games: 104 (Liverpool)

----------------------------
POTENTIAL NEW RECORDS:

Biggest title-winning margin: 19 points (Man City)
Liverpool currently: 16 (with one games in hand)

Most points in a season: 100 (Man City ~ game average 2.63 points)
Liverpool currently: 64 (Game average 2.91 points)

Most home points in a season: 55 (Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea – lost 2 points)
Liverpool currently: 36 (lost 0 points)

Most home wins in a season: 18/19 (Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea)
Liverpool currently: 12/12 (last 7 games; Sotton, West Ham, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, Burnley & Chelsea)

Most away point in a season: 50 (Man City – lost 7 points)
Liverpool currently: 28 (lost 2 points)

Most away wins in a season: 16/19 (Man City)
Liverpool currently: 9/10 (last 9 games; Wolves, West Ham, Norwich, Watford, Everton, Man City, Brighton, Arsenal & Newcastle)

Most wins in a season: 32/38 (Man City)
Liverpool currently: 21/22

Most consecutive wins: 18 (Man City)
Liverpool currently: 13

Most consecutive home wins: 20 (Man City)
Liverpool currently: 19

Most consecutive away wins: 11 (Chelsea, Man City)
Liverpool currently: 5

Last edited:

Plamen

To beat City's record for consecutive wins we need to beat Wolves,West Ham twice,Southampton,Norwich and Watford.There is a very good chance we will do it.

-The Analyst-

To beat City's record for consecutive wins we need to beat Wolves,West Ham twice,Southampton,Norwich and Watford.There is a very good chance we will do it.
The next record to challange (in terms of how soon it will happen) is consecutive home wins.

To equal Man Citys record of most consecutive home wins (20), we need to win against Southampton. Beat West Ham as well, and we set a new record.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Don’t know what’s the record but maybe we could break 'most different goal scorers' during a PL season?

I think we have 16 until now. Minamino (still did not play in the league), Lovren and Gomez the only outfield players without a goal !?

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
I'm glad I don't see anything related to being better than the invincible. Some fixtures really worry me, like wolves away, but one that is rarely mentioned: Arsenal away. We have a pretty appalling record at their ground, but the worst part is we have a habit of putting in terrible performances there where we just don't show up.

I'm with Klopp in down-playing the 'undefeated' angle. Imagine how deflated we and the players will feel if we drop three points along the way even if we win the league? Not to mention to go undefeated is to have the season wrapped up early so it will be even harder to keep the concentration levels up on those final games.

Play each game as they come. Go into every game determined for three points. As fans we need to just be concentrating on the same. 'Best season ever' gets decided post-season so nothing to even contemplate yet.

GermanRed

Play each game as they come. Go into every game determined for three points. As fans we need to just be concentrating on the same. 'Best season ever' gets decided post-season so nothing to even contemplate yet.
There are more important things than being unbeaten in the league.

Klopp will have to decide but I think resting many players away against Norwich before we play away in Madrid is realistic option. Same for the second leg were we play Bournemouth a few days earlier.

-The Analyst-

I disagree. As Klopp himself said;

“If our fans would not be in a good mood now, that would be really strange.

“The only thing I can tell you is that we are here to work, it’s as easy as that.

“It’s a very positive atmosphere even in interviews after the game, but I have to keep myself really concentrated, because I know already that on Thursday we play against Wolves.

“That’s the truth. To be honest, I’m only interested in that game and nothing else.

“But, again, of course they are allowed: to dream, to sing, whatever they want. As long as they do their job as well in the moment where we play, all fine.

“We will not be part of that party yet but it’s no problem. We know our job.”

GermanRed

Don’t know what’s the record but maybe we could break 'most different goal scorers' during a PL season?

I think we have 16 until now. Minamino (still did not play in the league), Lovren and Gomez the only outfield players without a goal !?
Still don’t know what’s the record but we had 18 in 17/18.

Need Curtis and Harvey also on the scoresheet this season

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
I disagree. As Klopp himself said;

“If our fans would not be in a good mood now, that would be really strange.

“The only thing I can tell you is that we are here to work, it’s as easy as that.

“It’s a very positive atmosphere even in interviews after the game, but I have to keep myself really concentrated, because I know already that on Thursday we play against Wolves.

“That’s the truth. To be honest, I’m only interested in that game and nothing else.

“But, again, of course they are allowed: to dream, to sing, whatever they want. As long as they do their job as well in the moment where we play, all fine.

“We will not be part of that party yet but it’s no problem. We know our job.”
Ever diplomatic is Klopp.

rockafella

Registered before you did
I'm glad I don't see anything related to being better than the invincible. Some fixtures really worry me, like wolves away, but one that is rarely mentioned: Arsenal away. We have a pretty appalling record at their ground, but the worst part is we have a habit of putting in terrible performances there where we just don't show up.

I'm with Klopp in down-playing the 'undefeated' angle. Imagine how deflated we and the players will feel if we drop three points along the way even if we win the league? Not to mention to go undefeated is to have the season wrapped up early so it will be even harder to keep the concentration levels up on those final games.

To be fair, Arsenal are a new level of terrible at the moment. Over recent years, they've been embarrassing away from home but seem to always win at home still. Yet now, they're drawing nearly every home game against average teams.

That said, the Arsenal away game is in between the Champions League semi-final games. It would be interesting to see what would happen if we were still unbeaten then (game 36) and also in the CL semi. The league would be wrapped up, but would we be happy to rest everyone for the semi final to go for the unbeaten season?

Personally I'd be happy to focus on the CL at the risk of missing out on going unbeaten.

-The Analyst-

I'm with Klopp. The records are nice to pick up but their absolutely unimportant.
To Klopp it should be unimportant. Winning is all that should matter to him.

However, for us fans its quite fun to beat records so we have even more braging rights. To smash some of Man Citys records - which is the best ever team (so far) to have won the Premier League - would be very satisfying

-The Analyst-

Its a record that's impossible to beat. You cant have less than 0 defeats. However, in terms on the invincibles point tally (90), we surpassed that by 7 points last season

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Its a record that's impossible to beat. You cant have less than 0 defeats. However, in terms on the invincibles point tally (90), we surpassed that by 7 points last season
Its impossible to beat the 'undefeated' record, but not to have the most successful season.

Imo Arsenal's season easily trumps City's simply because no team bettered them. However, they had a lot of draws that season. If a team was able to get more points as well as go undefeated, then that would top it.

I think I'm veering off topic in a thread related to black and white stats rather than opinion.

-The Analyst-

UPDATED AFTER MATCHDAY 23

-----------------------------

NEW RECORD:
Most points over 38 consecutive Premier League games: 104 (Liverpool)
If Liverpool keep winning, this will be improved to 106 points after West Ham - Liverpool 29.01.20

----------------------------
POTENTIAL NEW RECORDS:

Biggest title-winning margin: 19 points (Man City)
Liverpool currently: 16 (with one games in hand)

Most points in a season: 100 (Man City ~ game average 2.63 points)
Liverpool currently: 67 (Game average 2.91 points)

Most home points in a season: 55 (Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea – lost 2 points)
Liverpool currently: 36 (lost 0 points)

Most home wins in a season: 18/19 (Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea)
Liverpool currently: 12/12 (last 7 games; Sotton, West Ham, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, Burnley & Chelsea)

Most away point in a season: 50 (Man City – lost 7 points)
Liverpool currently: 31 (lost 2 points)

Most away wins in a season: 16/19 (Man City)
Liverpool currently: 10/11 (last 8 games; West Ham, Norwich, Watford, Everton, Man City, Brighton, Arsenal & Newcastle)

Most wins in a season: 32/38 (Man City)
Liverpool currently: 22/23

Most consecutive wins: 18 (Man City)
Liverpool currently: 14

Most consecutive home wins: 20 (Man City)

Most consecutive away wins: 11 (Chelsea, Man City)
Liverpool currently: 6

Fewest away goals conceded in a season: 9 (Chelsea 2004/5)
Liverpool currently: 6

Longest unbeaten run: 49 (Arsenal)
Liverpool currently: 40

Longest unbeaten away run: 27 (Arsenal)

The earliest a team has won the Premier League: Matchday 33 / 14th april
To beat the record; be 19(or more) points ahead after matchday 32, Add an additional 3 points to every earlier matchday (i.e 22 points after matchday 31)

-The Analyst-

Trent Alexander-Arnold holds the Guinness World Record for Premier League assists by a defender, with 12 assists last season

Will be added after matchday 24 as he currently has 10 assists so far this season, and needs another 3 assist in the last 15 games to beat his own record