• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Preseason tour 2019 thread

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
driving to f'in Indiana, and we still have 3.5 hours to go...
Everyone better be there. Evil Czech Brewery before and after.....

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I take it back it was factor 20 sun block having seen a further video from Livvy
I was just thinking over what you said and if it's factor20 that should be okay for Virg's skin colouring, but I'm thinking it should be a lot higher factor for the Ox's skin tone. What do you think?

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Evian squad: Alexander-Arnold, Alisson, Brewster, Duncan, Elliott, Fabinho, Firmino, Gomez, Henderson, Hoever, Keita, Lallana, Larouci, Lewis, Lonergan, Lovren, Matip, Mignolet, Milner, Ojrzynski, Origi, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Robertson, Salah, Shaqiri, Van den Berg, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Wilson.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Evian squad: Alexander-Arnold, Alisson, Brewster, Duncan, Elliott, Fabinho, Firmino, Gomez, Henderson, Hoever, Keita, Lallana, Larouci, Lewis, Lonergan, Lovren, Matip, Mignolet, Milner, Ojrzynski, Origi, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Robertson, Salah, Shaqiri, Van den Berg, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Wilson.
Kent not included?

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Kent is going to be assessed due to sickness.

I am surprised that Woodburn and Philips not in. Probably means they will not play a part this coming season...hmmm...this camp will probably help Klopp make up his mind where players like Wilson will play his football

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
I am surprised that Woodburn and Philips not in. Probably means they will not play a part this coming season...hmmm...this camp will probably help Klopp make up his mind where players like Wilson will play his football
They had their chance (the likes of Phillips, Jones, Woodburn, Kent), it's the final part of pre-season and all but one senior player is back. Klopp said we can't continue taking 30+ players, makes little sense in terms of the quality of training sessions and games.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
They had their chance (the likes of Phillips, Jones, Woodburn, Kent), it's the final part of pre-season and all but one senior player is back. Klopp said we can't continue taking 30+ players, makes little sense in terms of the quality of training sessions and games.
That makes sense of course but if I am Woodburn and seeing Elliot who just joined, Duncan, Brewster and the other youngsters who is going for the camp, but yet not me, I would be thinking the writing is on the wall for my Liverpool career. But this is how competitive a top club is, only that gem like TAA can make it into the first team picture... potential is just not enough...

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Woodbun's had a taste of those camps for a few years now, the other 3 not so much, for different reasons. Woodborn knows in theory what is asked and what's our style, now we're using this final bit of pre-season to show it to Elliott. We're probably trying to find the right team for Ben to rediscover his path again. It's okay, nothing is lost yet. They actually have the chance that Klopp is pretty open minded and leaves the door open. But ultimately it's up to them to earn it, more and more. We simply can't give everyone the same chance.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
I found it strange that Larouci is there, shouldn't he be in recovery from injury?

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I really like the looks of the young lad from Fulham, Harvey Elliott. I know it was only a friendly he's just played in, but the lad exuded confidence beyond his years. I won't be surprised if Jürgen plays him in games during the coming season.

I also hope something can be sorted out for Kent and Wilson. If they are not going to be used this season, then it's only fair we should let them go, bringing in good money for us and giving the two lads a chance of proving their quality elsewhere. They are getting to an age now when constantly loaning them out is doing them no favours, so our club should do right by them.

jaffod

Why do they need to go to France after playing in Scotland after the US tour? Why not just train at Melwood? No wonder they all look fucked.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Why do they need to go to France after playing in Scotland after the US tour? Why not just train at Melwood? No wonder they all look fucked.

Team bonding sessions for a week,with top facilities,great weather,away from the spotlight and families,focus totally on football and the coming season without any distractions i guess.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
why we did not go this year to the International Champions Cup 2019 ? the trophy looks very cool this year
Cool? As in dogtoss, I'm glad we didn't but yeah I noticed City were missing too, I wonder if it's something to do with that PL thing in Asia, I assume the winners have to take part in that and it wasn't known until the very last day.

I don't think our pre season was that well planned, however bar Spurs and Man Utd in the ICC I look at what other teams have played and they are not at the level we have played and they haven't played at the intensity of game every 3 days. There seemed a plan to last years so maybe there is to this. I guess we will see.