• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

RIP Stephen Packer

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Liverpool Football Club are deeply saddened to announce the passing of one of the club's Academy U9 players, Stephen Packer.

Stephen passed away on Sunday evening following an incredibly brave battle with cancer.

The youngster, a huge Liverpool fan, made a big impression on everyone he encountered at the Academy due to his happy nature and willingness to learn.

Stephen was very highly thought of among the coaches and during his short time at the Academy, had demonstrated he possessed the skills to develop into a very talented young footballer.

Academy director Frank McParland said: "Everybody at the club has been deeply shocked and saddened by Stevie's passing.

"He was very highly thought of by everyone he came into contact with. He was a really happy kid and always had a smile on his face.

"Not only that, but Stevie was a really talented young footballer. He was the best athlete within his group and very speedy.

"Stevie is going to be really missed by everyone here and we'd all like to offer his family and friends our condolences."

Everybody at Liverpool Football Club is deeply saddened by the tragic news of Stephen's death and would like to offer our deepest sympathies to his family and friends at this time.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/lfc-mourns-stephen-packer

There's going to be a minutes applause at Anfield against Southampton. Very sad news, another one of our youth players tragically passes away but this one didn't even reach double digits. Can't imagine what his family are going through.

RIP Stephen

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
really football and the results do not matter at all in times like this.

RIP and may his family find strength in the support they know they will get from the millions of fans of Liverpool around the world.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Very sad news , thoughts with all belonging to him.

Good to see our players acknowledging this on twitter , most I follow all paid respects and Lucas even posted a pic of him with young Stephen.

YNWA wee man

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
OmG.

Is there anything set up for the family that we can contribute towards?

any links to any of their wishes?

ubermick

He's gone! HE'S GONE!!!!
Admin
Fucking awful. Nine years old. Nine. NINE.

Can only give my deepest sympathies to his family. Walk on, lad.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
My deepest sympathies to Steven's family from me as well... YNWA.

ShadesOfRed

1. Liverpool (C)
So young... can't even imagine what his parents are feeling right now. RIP Stephen Packer.

Artrain

*sigh* Nine. Hope the lad enjoyed his days at the academy. Sympathies and condolences will always be with his family and friends.

kylel39

Never bite the hand that feed's you.......Luis
Such devastating news for everyone, especially his friends and family.

As everyone has said, Nine years old is just heartbreaking and I can't begin to imagine what the family is going through. A horrible, horrible disease is cancer. The sooner a cure is found the so much better our world will be.

YNWA Stephen

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Words fail me. Nine years old ....

My deepest condolences to his family.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Nine, tragic. Our deepest thoughts go to his family and friends.

King Aldo

TIA Squad Member
Very sad news. Deepest condolences to Stephen's family. Your extended LFC family is thinking of you and praying for Stephen.
YNWA.

REDSkins

TIA Youth Team
Absolutely tragic...Stephen, I hope you are scoring bicycle kicks in the clouds...up at Anfield North..

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
that is just fucked up, 9 years old! Thoughts and prayers go out to his family

RIP Stephen

Tosh

TIA Regular
Absolute sickener. I really cannot think what the poor lad's family are going through.

No words I can write can in any way address this injustice.

May his family find the peace they deserve. God bless them.

LFCLV

TIA Youth Team
Always sad to see young people go so early. Condolence to his family and friends. RIP little warrior. :(

1dragon

TIA Regular
RIP Stephen. You may not have played for us, but you will always be one of us.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Sad news. But he has gone to a better place.

One thing i don't agree about with the great man. Football is not more important than life or death.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Its news that just takes your breath away at how cruel it is. R.I.P Stephen, YNWA!

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
RIP.

Youll never walk alone.

God give his family strength during this difficult time.