• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Riyad Mahrez (RW) Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

João Cunha

Banned Users
Wait did UEFA change the rules and allow EUROPA LEAGUE teams back into the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE? Cause If you haven't been following them recently they finished 3rd in their group and so are now out of the CL which means we are already further in the competition than them.

Though at the end of the day I do agree with you on no.2 plus Real Madrid like him as well.
My bad on that one, they have been consistently good on CL, this year was an exception I think ...

Mark Thurgood

I think what @João Cunha might’ve meant to say was although we are currently in the champions league and doing well in the league. It’s easier for Atletico to qualify for the champions league on a more regular basis than us as the Spanish league isn’t as competitive as the premier league as there is always 6 teams vying for the 4 places in the premier league.

João Cunha

Banned Users
Mootaz Chehade‏Conta verificada @MHChehade
Riyad Mahrez off to Liverpool for €55m. Like I mentioned before, Chelsea were so close to securing Mahrez' services last summer but now has changed, Klopp's phone call to Mahrez was enough to convince him. Liverpool and Leicester are currently negotiating the final details.

He posted this 17 hours ago , let's see....

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
Yeah I'm with those that don't believe that Oblak will want to leave Athletico Madrid for us anytime soon, unless we win the CL and FA cup. Athletico have a good side, possibly better than ours. Diego Costa and Griezmann up front, Niguez, Gaitan and Koke in midfield, Gimenez, Savic and Godin plus of course Oblak in defense. They have good squad player like Juanfran, Gabi, Gameiro, Torres and Carrasco. They are managed by a great, young coach in Deigo Simeone who is equally as good as Klopp in my book so unless we offer Oblak much more than Madrid we aren't getting him.

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
Yeah I'm with those that don't believe that Oblak will want to leave Athletico Madrid for us anytime soon, unless we win the CL and FA cup. Athletico have a good side, possibly better than ours. Diego Costa and Griezmann up front, Niguez, Gaitan and Koke in midfield, Gimenez, Savic and Godin plus of course Oblak in defense. They have good squad player like Juanfran, Gabi, Gameiro, Torres and Carrasco. They are managed by a great, young coach in Deigo Simeone who is equally as good as Klopp in my book so unless we offer Oblak much more than Madrid we aren't getting him.
FFS do you have to be so right !

I prefer to be left to my dreams that we are the best side in Europe, not just possibly as good as Athletico Madrid.

There is no way, unless the wonga is right, that Oblak will swap Madrid for Scottie Rd

Kanonkop

Mootaz Chehade‏Conta verificada @MHChehade
Riyad Mahrez off to Liverpool for €55m. Like I mentioned before, Chelsea were so close to securing Mahrez' services last summer but now has changed, Klopp's phone call to Mahrez was enough to convince him. Liverpool and Leicester are currently negotiating the final details.

He posted this 17 hours ago , let's see....
Who is mootaz chehade?

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
@OLDIE Well its not impossible, we could offer Athletico more money they ever expected for Oblak which means triggering his release clause and hoping Athletico basically force him to leave so they can have the money.

In the real world though I can't see our interest in Oblak being more than just fantasy. That's why those rumors of us spending a large chunk on the Coutinho money on Oblak was just plain ridiculous. Now Alisson is more gettable and could take a large portion of our supposed available cash from Barca circa 50m Euros.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
After of couple of days of reflection, I am warming to the idea of Mahrez coming (if he comes), if it will help us get into the top 4. Also, he has had abit of Champions League experience.
My only worry is that t*osser of an agent he has pulling all the strings.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
The reason I think this isn't happening is that we knew Coutinho wanted to leave in the summer. It was late in the window, but Mahrez was literally waiting at the airport for someone to make an offer. If there was any interest in the player we would've put in a bid but seemingly all our efforts were trying to get Lemar over the line. He's the preferred player and I don't see us going for Mahrez while there's still reasonable opportunity to get Lemar now or in the summer.

Kanonkop

The reason I think this isn't happening is that we knew Coutinho wanted to leave in the summer. It was late in the window, but Mahrez was literally waiting at the airport for someone to make an offer. If there was any interest in the player we would've put in a bid but seemingly all our efforts were trying to get Lemar over the line. He's the preferred player and I don't see us going for Mahrez while there's still reasonable opportunity to get Lemar now or in the summer.
Possible. However, whereas the hope might have been Coutinho + Lemar...now that might be Mahrez + Lemar.

Thankfully, it is Lemar not Limahl though,then it would be a never ending story! ;-)

FGred

After of couple of days of reflection, I am warming to the idea of Mahrez coming (if he comes), if it will help us get into the top 4. Also, he has had abit of Champions League experience.
My only worry is that t*osser of an agent he has pulling all the strings.
I didn’t know he had him as an agent that would be a huge concern to us after being involved in PC fiasco and with the trail of disaster he left with transfers of Tevez

Barnestormer

Left wing.
I didn’t know he had him as an agent that would be a huge concern to us after being involved in PC fiasco and with the trail of disaster he left with transfers of Tevez
Yes, and bested only really by the lovely far reaching Aidy 'the Hutt' Ward - its a deal breaker isnt it, in terms of Mahrez? If clubs retaining players IS a barrier to them thinking of joining a club; then sooner or later clubs must return the favour and render these agents toxic. Trouble is they mange to soothsay the best players................and we already know what that says about players. That they could pick such men as professional reps ? wtf. It must be an absolute viper den and I guess non of the 'reasons' we apply are actually applicable. Like we should have a replacement for Cou wheeled out yesterday; yes the Club knew he wanted to leave, and were no doubt at various stages with various options of interest, but to be able to wheel one out like a bunny from a hat is unrealistic, more so with pickpockets such as Joorabchian lining the way. Cou was formally announced today and people are dismayed we have no replacement yet. #whattheinternetdidforus

GratefulRed

TIA Reserve Team
Ad-free Member
I don’t want Mahrez because I don’t think he is the right fit. Good player mind you.

However not signing a player because of who represents them is silly and accomplishes very little. Yeah Kia, Aidy Ward, Riaola, ect are dicks of the highest order. However nothing stops a player from signing with us with some other agent and then once a Liverpool player; firing the agent and hiring Kia, Ward, ect. We still have to deal with them, even if you refuse signing players represented by them.

Still doesn’t stop them from signing up with a player already here and forcing a move out.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Not keen on Mahrez either,we have heard we are not in for him yet he keeps reappearing.
If Klopp's recent form is any indication he wont be sidetracked,certainly not at this point in the window.
Seems he wants Lemar,and that is pretty understandable.
The agent's name shouldn't cause any drama but the shit Kia has caused puts me totally in agreement with Maria.
We shouldn't deal with the prick at all!Sorry Mahrez!!

Steve_LFC

I dont think Klopp wants Mahrez. But i also think he is a bit worried and knows the importance of retaining a top4 berth. And it could be disastrous to his project if we dont achieve it. Imagine Arsenal edging us out for 4th spot. Does anyone think lemar would still come to us in the summer with no champions league. Its possible he could switch and go to arsenal instead.

So i think if the other targets aren't working out, Klopp may indeed bring Mahrez aboard.

spizfromoz

Es maluco, filho da puta!
The more I think about it, Ox came in for Coutinho six-12 months ahead. reason I think this is, we didn't really need him at the time. So I doubt we'll pull the trigger on a player like Mahrez since we may go for someone like Lemar or Brandt (or whoever etc) in the summer. Otherwise, I feel Mahrez will be the player we are stuck with as useless to our squad for the whole of his contract. A loan perhaps - as absurd as it sounds, but a transfer, highly unlikely. let's use the kids for the rest of the season and get who we really want in the summer.

Pharaoh

Klopps and Robbers anyone?
Sadly chaps, think this venture is dead in the water.

Sad times

Pharaoh

Klopps and Robbers anyone?
BeIN reporter @mlouadahi has claimed that Mahrez to Liverpool was close to agreement, Mahrez even began house hunting in Liverpool but due to a late issue the deal was not completed.

@daveOCKOP

Status
Not open for further replies.