Riyad Mahrez (RW) Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKReds

No one has covered more distance for arsenal this season than ozil
I agree. My problem with Ozil is not that he is a lazy player as he is consistently on the move to find space and recieved the ball etc but my worry is more on his defensive side of the game. He not that type that willing to put in a tackle or will make a lunge busting run to win back a ball. From the matches I seen Arsenal play last season and this, he usually ball watching when Arsenal does not have possession of the ball or just make a half-hearted attempt to close down the opposition (although you can say that of most Arsenal players).

Serdar Ekrem İleri

Gerrard Generation
I agree. My problem with Ozil is not that he is a lazy player as he is consistently on the move to find space and recieved the ball etc but my worry is more on his defensive side of the game. He not that type that willing to put in a tackle or will make a lunge busting run to win back a ball. From the matches I seen Arsenal play last season and this, he usually ball watching when Arsenal does not have possession of the ball or just make a half-hearted attempt to close down the opposition (although you can say that of most Arsenal players).
Agreed,he is not the best tackler but there is a saying that goes '' the best form of defense is attack''.Imagine his passing abilities inserted into our squad with the amazing front three we have...Ozil is not enough though we need one more defender and a world class goalie is a must.

FGred

Gotze was always a hard worker, Sahin is a fair point but Ozil falls into the Balotelli level of effort and we saw how Klopp felt about him.
Comparing him to balo is a bit harsh his football intelligence is far superior and when he plays for Germany and sometimes for arse he was unplayable. The only reason you’re saying that is because of him wanting away and just like PC played in patches this season but he is undoubtedly a very talented Footballer albeit a bit of a prima dona

Serdar Ekrem İleri

Gerrard Generation
No source.The rationale is that a challenging team like manu would not give up their keeper for money.If they do the price tag would be astronomical,so as to prevent us from signing him.Signing Allison is more doable,Oblak could be pursued also.

indianscouser

Oh ya Beautttty!!
This guy is class.
Am a bit worried. If arsenal sign PEA, Mahrez,Mhktaryan, they could be dangerous.
Mahrez could be a good option for coutinho.
Can take free kick, Can dribble, good vision to relase players. Him and vardy had a telepathic connection, imagine if he clicks with Firmino/Salah/Mane.

This guy is class.
Am a bit worried. If arsenal sign PEA, Mahrez,Mhktaryan, they could be dangerous.
Mahrez could be a good option for coutinho.
Can take free kick, Can dribble, good vision to relase players. Him and vardy had a telepathic connection, imagine if he clicks with Firmino/Salah/Mane.
Mate,the Arse have had Sachez,Lacazette,Ozil and have been shite and the players you mention are no better so why worry whilst Wenger is still there.

GaryBarlow99

I know a lot of people have asked where Mahrez would play if we got him but Salah through the middle (to rotate with Firmino) and Mahrez on the right would be electric imo. Mo and Vardy are very similar in the way they bend their runs to beat the offside trap and both are pacy as fuck. Make it happen Jurgen :well done:

Serdar Ekrem İleri

Gerrard Generation
I know a lot of people have asked where Mahrez would play if we got him but Salah through the middle (to rotate with Firmino) and Mahrez on the right would be electric imo. Mo and Vardy are very similar in the way they bend their runs to beat the offside trap and both are pacy as fuck. Make it happen Jurgen :well done:
We could have him play as an offensive midfielder,very offensive midfielder.

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
Vardy is much more clinical than Mo though. Salah could have 25+ league goals alreadyif he was a better finisher.

Ron Swanson

Vardy is much more clinical than Mo though. Salah could have 25+ league goals alreadyif he was a better finisher.
Who would he play instead of wouldn't change our Bobby for all the tea in China and I don't even like tea.

Limiescouse

Mahrez is a sensational player. As in he regularly does stuff that other top pros look at and gasp. For Leicester he plays the role he is given, but to assume he would not be able to do more just because he doesnt currently do it for them is incredibly misguided. There is nothing about the way he plays and the talent he has that suggests he would be struggle at a bigger club anymore than any player making that jump would. I would go as far as far to say that City is the only club in the league he would not improve, and even then I think he is a better player than Sterling, but Raheem has 18 months of tutelage with Pep that is helping him hit these heights.

D Fred

Mahrez is a sensational player. As in he regularly does stuff that other top pros look at and gasp. For Leicester he plays the role he is given, but to assume he would not be able to do more just because he doesnt currently do it for them is incredibly misguided. There is nothing about the way he plays and the talent he has that suggests he would be struggle at a bigger club anymore than any player making that jump would. I would go as far as far to say that City is the only club in the league he would not improve, and even then I think he is a better player than Sterling, but Raheem has 18 months of tutelage with Pep that is helping him hit these heights.
Argee that Mahrez is very good but really odd comparing him to Raheem as they are completely different players.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
What an odd comparison, they are completely different players.
They're currently playing in similar positions, it's a very logical comparison. The fact they're a bit different stylistically isn't an important point.

Colorado Red

TIA New Signing
I'd agree that Mahrez would be about as close as we could get to a like for like replacement of Coutinho's combination of dribbling, passing, and long-range shot, but this link seems to have gone cold a long time ago, plus Leicester are up to 7th in the table now, and maybe hoping they could somehow nick 6th and a EL spot, so certainly wouldn't seem to be willing sellers at this point in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.