Riyad Mahrez (RW) Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Fred

They're currently playing in similar positions, it's a very logical comparison. The fact they're a bit different stylistically isn't an important point.
They have different characteristics and perform wildly different functions, to say they are only different stylistically is laughable.

I like Mahrez a ton but he would cost a kings ransom, maybe more than Fekir. I also think Liverpool can deal with one attacking mid/playmaking genius even with a below par (for Klopp) workrate (like him or Ozil) as long as the other two mids compliment based on their tempo control abilities and workrate.

phnaarg

TIA Youth Team
I like Mahrez a ton but he would cost a kings ransom, maybe more than Fekir. I also think Liverpool can deal with one attacking mid/playmaking genius even with a below par (for Klopp) workrate (like him or Ozil) as long as the other two mids compliment based on their tempo control abilities and workrate.
Yes, but the other issue we have is that our midfield isn't much to write home about either and can barely cover the defence, let alone cover the work of the forwards too...which I think is why our CB's keep getting exposed so often even to crap teams like WBA (and Swansea)

Art Morte6

I think there's no way Leicester are selling him at this stage of the window. I'm also not sure Mahrez is what we need. The way we'd need to accommodate him, Mané, Firmino and Salah might or might not work.

jgw_geneseo

Expert YouTube scout
I think there's no way Leicester are selling him at this stage of the window. I'm also not sure Mahrez is what we need. The way we'd need to accommodate him, Mané, Firmino and Salah might or might not work.

It'd be a case of dropping an out of form Mane and making sure he fights for his place. We wouldn't have to play all 4 at the same time. Won't be happening anyway but we are allowed to employ more than 11 players at any one time.

Limiescouse

Keep in mind, that after being subjected to yet another nasty tackle on the weekend Sane is now out for probably a couple of months, and possibly longer, and no they have De Bruyne in the middle they dont really have other good options to play wide.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
If that happens, I'm really curious if Mahrez would be willing to learn under Pep and take his game to the next level. It was going to happen in the next year or so anyway (maybe not to City, but him moving), with him having 2 years left on his Leicester deal. Sane was fantastic so far this season and it's especially a blow for them as they were without Mendy and now without Delph on that left side. It's been a while since I saw a player playing so well on the side of his natural foot (at a time when it 'seems' like it can't work anymore, but it clearly can and it can be vital against breaking down teams) - attacking brilliantly on the outside but the inside, too.

Phil123

he handed one in during the summer I think so it prob still stands. City paying £50m by the sounds of it IF TRUE
City bound it seems ....love splashing
the cash do city ....he will do well there
The oil must be selling good, they don't stop splashing the cash , it's unbelievable , I wish Klopp had some of those resources to work it

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
It's ruining the sport.
Yeah mate.... record after record they broke in transfer window. Can't imagine us doing the same.... bad for the sport, really. Bad for the market as well....
Hopefully their bubble bursts, disgusting the level of spending they can do.
Only two ways that could happen, both shareholders pulled out - the Chinese Sovereign fund and Abu Dhabi Sovereign fund. Or both go bust. I sure hope not the latter, as that will create a ripple in the world economy that even you and I won't be spared.

Yeah as I said... disgusting, no way would we go do such a thing. Putting out exorbitant amount of money for players like that... just like that.

redwhiteley7

We should have made this move weeks ago.Mane,Salah and Firmino can't play every game to the end of the season(without burnout or injury to at least one of them)but as things stand we need them to.50 mill,if true,out of 140 mill,so what?We should have spent some of that now,if we are in the Europa next year it'll be a bit late by summer.

treboeth

We should have made this move weeks ago.Mane,Salah and Firmino can't play every game to the end of the season but asthings stand we need them too.50 mill,if true,out of 140 mill,so what?
We didn`t get £140mill for him,more like £108mill plus addons and if rumours are true we are getting installments for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.