Riyad Mahrez (RW) Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil123

My point is I don't know and we shouldn't get fixated on like for like.We need to add quality to the forward line or we will rue that we didn't by the end of the sesson.
By the look of things we will have to rely on Gini , Ox and Lallana (is fit) to give us that creativity, is our season in danger ? Hell yeah , but I guess the profit is better ....

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
Apparently Citeh have offered £50 million and Mahrez has handed in a transfer request. So, that’s that then!

redwhiteley7

Yep, if City have flashed their tits at him then there is no way he would be interested in us.
For sure it's too late.But two weeks ago he wanted the move and maybe we could have got him.We didn't want him.We are sticking with what we have.Will it be enough for top 4?I don't think so.

treboeth

So spend half of what we get,again so what?We get that back in part for CL qualification.
Have a read of this
According to James Pearce, the set fee of £105m for Philippe Coutinho will be paid in multiple instalments over the course of the next four years, with £37m in potential add-ons bringing the total to £142m.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/956572061073379328

Absobloodylutely ridiculous to accept such terms. So much for playing hardball and demanding the fee in full up front.:unhappy:
if only we had the £108mill up front we could go crazy with it.

Sweeting

By the look of things we will have to rely on Gini , Ox and Lallana (is fit) to give us that creativity, is our season in danger ? Hell yeah , but I guess the profit is better ....
It is clearly Klopp making these decisions. He reiterates it every time he is asked. He has faith in his players. It is nothing to do with profit.

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
I thought we said we were not interested in the player, why should we care whether Citeh bid for him.

We had the opportunity and declined - so we move on.

BTW Sane is a much better player.

Phil123

It is clearly Klopp making these decisions. He reiterates it every time he is asked. He has faith in his players. It is nothing to do with profit.
I'm glad that he has faith on his players, but how are supposed to return to the old glory when we don't anybody with half of the creativity of Phil ? Our attackers can't have a good game if the ball doesn't get to them

FGred

I think there's no way Leicester are selling him at this stage of the window. I'm also not sure Mahrez is what we need. The way we'd need to accommodate him, Mané, Firmino and Salah might or might not work.
He’s wanted by shitty anyway we haven’t got a chance and as soon as they showed an interest he has put in another TR
It was inevitable as soon as they lost Sane to a long term injury they got the chequebook out, at this rate they will mop up all the decent players in the PL

FGred

Yeah mate.... record after record they broke in transfer window. Can't imagine us doing the same.... bad for the sport, really. Bad for the market as well....

Only two ways that could happen, both shareholders pulled out - the Chinese Sovereign fund and Abu Dhabi Sovereign fund. Or both go bust. I sure hope not the latter, as that will create a ripple in the world economy that even you and I won't be spared.

Yeah as I said... disgusting, no way would we go do such a thing. Putting out exorbitant amount of money for players like that... just like that.
Doesn’t the FFP rules apply to them it is not fair at all

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
For sure it's too late.But two weeks ago he wanted the move and maybe we could have got him.We didn't want him.We are sticking with what we have.Will it be enough for top 4?I don't think so.
Let's see where we're at after the game on Sunday. We could then be 7 or 8 points clear of Tottenham and finishing in the top four will look a lot more likely.
As for Mahrez, that's an opportunity wasted in my book. Should have bought him when we had the chance but I assume it was Klopp who decided against it. Really don't know why.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
Leicester City rejected Shitty's 50m pound offer and want a lot more than that, could also be why we weren't interested. For 50m he would be quite good value but I'm assuming they are looking for upwards of 70m which if he isn't the right fit for us makes it a bad deal for us. Can't see Shitty paying that myself thought you never know.

Leicester City rejected Shitty's 50m pound offer and want a lot more than that, could also be why we weren't interested. For 50m he would be quite good value but I'm assuming they are looking for upwards of 70m which if he isn't the right fit for us makes it a bad deal for us. Can't see Shitty paying that myself thought you never know.
they probably want more seeing how its pretty close to the deadline and they wont be able to get a replacement . i reckon in the beginning if the window he would have gone for 50m

kiwiredman

This is my serious face
I think he has faith in many of his players, but those he doesn't rate/trust to do the job he would never openly criticise. He likes to publicly confirm his trust as part of his management style, which with some players will pay dividends. Even if it were the case, if he wanted transfers I don't think he would ever say the funds aren't there to buy new players, unlike some other managers.

redwhiteley7

Thats pretty much how every deal is done. We wont have paid the full fee up front for anyone either especially the bigger deals.
It's up to the selling club and if they are playing hardball or not.The bigger the deal the bigger the upfront should be surely.The biggest of all Neymar was ALL upfront ,wasn't it ?

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
I could be well proved wrong in this crazy world of transfers, but I would be surprised if Leicester will ever get as much as that for him. There are still limited amount of clubs willing to spend that sort of money on a single player.
That being said don't blame them for not selling the day before deadline day.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Doesn’t the FFP rules apply to them it is not fair at all
FFP was modified as soon as Platini was hounded out of his position. Nowadays, the biggest clubs can continue to spend as much as they want, and there won't be much backlash. Smaller clubs though are still watched closely and can only spend what they gain, which is quite a sane situation for the longer term.

It's just that those fake mega-clubs are further allowed to distort the upper sector of the player transfer market with their billions, and of course any common-sense regarding wages. It's indeed very bad for the sport at the highest echelon.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
It's up to the selling club and if they are playing hardball or not.The bigger the deal the bigger the upfront should be surely.The biggest of all Neymar was ALL upfront ,wasn't it ?
Its different for the buyout clause in Spain as its the player who is buying out his contract. Barca didn't want to sell neymar so the only way that PSG could get the deal through is if the buyout clause was met in full

Status
Not open for further replies.