• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Ryan Kent to Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Decent fee for someone who was never going to be good enough for us but could tear it up in scotland.
Another loan success story though. I doubt we would have got more than a nominal fee for him if he hadn’t impressed last season.

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Remember him getting a couple of chances in pre-season a couple years back, and was quite impressive, had pace, was beating the defenders, just a little erratic and lacked consistency. Very difficult to force your way into our current squad, with the level were playing at which is great, but feel he will do a great job for Rangers.

Noo Noo

Seems to be a bit of a thinning out exercise going on this season.

Fair enough if Klopp has a strong idea who will progress and who has reached the end of the road

fspencer

6.5m is a snip!

Considering he was Rangers best player last season. £6.5m for Rangers though is probably on the verge of bankrupting them .

sorry i appear to be having a conversation with myself .

good luck Kent. Last Kent that i saw that wore red and blue was Superman!

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Wish him all the best. He will get plenty of game time there.
We are not mainly looking at making money on these youth transfer - rather improve the quality of players and make sure that they have a decent enough opportunity and future.
Hats of to Klopp, Edwards and the staff.

vjcpatriot

Well he wasn't beating out Salah or Mane now was he? Liverpool stuck to their guns, got a decent fee for Kent and a 20% sell-on clause. I'm liking how we do business lately. We weren't giving him away on a mere loan!

macca1970

Best wishes to Ryan. Will be 23 in a couple of months, so this is a chance to fully integrate into a team and get experience. Has had few good loan spells and we have a very decent fee.

No point in giving him a new 4 year contract and then sending him out on loan every year during his mid 20s. Just look at someone like Lucas Piazon at Chelsea. Arrived before he was 18, then been loaned out every year he has been there, and is now 25, and been loaned out again.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Can always get him back if he shows improvement at Rangers. Improvement enough to be premier league material.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
we need an MBappe fund raising thermometer

you know the ones.

another 6mil into the pile and temp gauge is getting there.....
It's not a fundraising thermometer but maybe we could dust off the Kloppometer?

SithBaare

Best wishes to Ryan. Will be 23 in a couple of months, so this is a chance to fully integrate into a team and get experience. Has had few good loan spells and we have a very decent fee.

No point in giving him a new 4 year contract and then sending him out on loan every year during his mid 20s. Just look at someone like Lucas Piazon at Chelsea. Arrived before he was 18, then been loaned out every year he has been there, and is now 25, and been loaned out again.
That's a shitty situation for a footballer to find himself in. Rated enough to be at the club but not enough to be playing games for them.

SithBaare

Also liked that we looked beyond the fact that it was Stevie at rangers. Didn't let him go for a bargain , loan or otherwise. Klopp might have been willing to do that but Edwards sticks to his guns. A player is only going out if the set price is gotten.

[email protected]

Also depends on the players ambition. I can think of worse than moving around Europe all expenses paid and earning a healthy packet (relative to the 'real' world) while doing it.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
I'm not going to lie, I'm going to be devastated if this doesn't happen now
I fear that we are setting ourselves up for huge disappointment next summer, when there will be no move like that, and instead of that, a young unknown forward coming from Poland or Czechia will be brought in to the club for almost nothing*. I can already see the comments in here.

* ... before he rips up the league with his brilliance of course, and goes on to win the golden boot two years after. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.