Ryan Sessegnon (LB) Fulham

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Kopstar, Mar 17, 2017.

?

Will we get him?

1. Yep

2. No chance!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoueysTash

SoueysTash GegenPosting

Hang on, why would that be the case?

Biggest thing to remember is this kid is 16, lives in London. Quite a big chance he won't want to upsticks and leave his family...

redfanman and RedSeven like this.
  2. RedSeven

RedSeven On the one road Valued Member

I thought we couldn't sign academy players,wouldn't that mean he would need to sign a pro contract and then be sold to us.

3. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

We'd be signing him to a pro contract, we wouldn't be signing him as an academy player.

4. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

because even though though he is a regular first team player, he has not signed a pro-contract and thus is still classed as a reserve/youth player and we are banned from signing those...

SoueysTash likes this.
  5. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

Lots do, though. Sterling did. Shelvey did. Ibe did. Just off the top of my head, bound to be many others. To say nothing of all the foreign kids we've brought in down the years.

If anything, I'd think less of him for putting the convenience of living at home at the top of his priorities for choosing his first senior club.

FGred likes this.
  6. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

I dont believe we can circumvent the youth player ban by signing reserve/youth players to pro-contracts as opposed to signing them as academy players...

7. RedSeven

If he can sign a pro contract with Fulham at 17,why can't he do the same with us,instead of them.

8. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

We are banned from signing Acadamy players for a year, but I'm not sure if we can sign players directly to the first team.

jabu likes this.
  9. Kopstar

As per Andy Hunter in the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ol-banned-signing-academy-players-fined-stoke

“In an investigation following that rejection, the Premier League found evidence that Liverpool’s conduct prior to applying to register the player contravened League rules. The League found evidence demonstrating regular communications between representatives of the club and members of the player’s family. This included hosting them at Anfield for a match with expenses paid and other efforts to encourage the player, via his family, to sign for Liverpool. League rules strictly prohibit the offer of any inducements to encourage a move.

“Liverpool have cooperated with the Premier League’s inquiries in a timely and thorough manner and admitted the rule breaches asserted against them. The club will pay a fine of £100,000 and will be prohibited from registering any academy players who have been registered with a Premier League or EFL club in the preceding 18 months. This ban will last for two years, with the second year suspended for a three-year period (to be activated in the event of any further similar breach by the club). The Premier League will make no further comment on this matter.”

It was Liverpool’s admission that they offered to pay school fees that prompted the Premier League’s investigation, which comes at a time when the organisation is attempting to clamp down on poaching and has several cases under consideration. One follows a complaint against Manchester City by Liverpool.

Rule 299.1, of which Liverpool have fallen foul, states: “No club shall induce or attempt to induce a player to become registered as an academy player at that club by offering him, or any person connected with him, either directly or indirectly, a benefit or payment of any description whether in cash or in kind.”

The schoolboy at the centre of the investigation is now 13 and cannot sign for another club until Stoke receive a compensation fee of £49,000.

Liverpool’s ban – similar to punishments handed out to Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid in recent years – will not affect their attempts to sign Ryan Sessegnon from Fulham this summer. The coveted left-back, who has risen to prominence at Craven Cottage, turns 17 before the next transfer window and is therefore eligible to sign a professional rather than an academy contract.

---------------------------

Now, hopefully we can move on...

Wyld@Heart and RedSeven like this.
  10. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

trying to find some infor on that as well

11. Kopstar

I give up.

12. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

trying to find infor on that as well

13. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

still bothering...

14. Kopstar

To find something that supports your position? By all means don't come back until you've found something.

redfanman likes this.
  15. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

i thought me and you were done like u said in an earlier post... I am not looking to support my position but get more information. andy is a great source but its ok to see what other writers have said on the subject.... this is not a competition about who is right or wrong but sharing information... chill out!!

16. RedSeven

"prohibited from registering any academy players"

If this is what our ban is then the easy out is to sign and register him on a pro contract.If he doesn't sign a pro contract with Fulham,wouldn't that leave him free to sign one with whoever he wants.

I think however that he will sign a pro contract with Fulham and they will immediately sell him on,hopefully to us.

17. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

I agree with you and thats what i dont understand about the ban. So if LFC wanted to sign youth/reserve player and still circumvent the ban, they just sign him to a pro-contract? Surely there must be some rules to make sure we cant do that, because we could easily sign other very good youth/reserve players to pro-contracts as well... According to the echo, he has a pre-agreement with fulham to sign a contract 1st of july

18. Kopstar

No need for Fulham to do that (they're entitled to compensation anyway even if he's transferred as an out of contract player). It wouldn't be in the player's interests either as right now he can sign for whoever he wants whereas if he signs for Fulham he's contracted to them.

Only if they were over the age of 17. We're not circumventing a ban by doing something that a ban isn't intended to cover.

Pre-agreements are extremely difficult to enforce and I'd be surprised if he was locked into it (if there was one) but that would be a separate issue to whether our ban on signing academy players would prevent us from signing Sessegnon (it wouldn't).

redfanman likes this.
  19. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

but that is my argument. If there are other youth players between 17-19 years old we are interested in, cannot we not jus sign them to pro-contracts then?

20. Kopstar

Yes. If we're not registering them as academy players they're not caught by the ban.

Not sure how many ways there are to say it.

redfanman and Anfield rd Dreamer like this.
  21. redbj

redbj hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

You can't.....

At least.....not before you give us the run down on whether we can sign this kid.....if it's any help to you I think I read somewhere he's turning 17 soon.

22. Zinedine Biscan

Can he drive yet? This is the sort of insider information we need.

23. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

Without reading any of the above discussions - the question that comes to my mind is - isn't this a loophole?
    Can't we sign all the top quality academy player from other clubs into a pro contract at ours?
    Whats the cache stopping us from do so, in case the player in question is of Sess / Snake sterling / Bale / Aguero / Pato / Alli quality(in their 16/17/18).

24. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

My source tells his mother drives him around. Bit of question over maturity???? ;-);-)

25. Zinedine Biscan

And which PL club would be best to send him to on loan to develop? @Kopstar your thoughts would be appreciated here.

26. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

This!! exactly my question, thank u!!

27. Zinedine Biscan

This just sprang to mind. Can't think why!

28. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

I undertstand what you saying, i do... but like elusive said, there seems to be loopholes around it..

29. Kopstar

Don't make me put you on ignore!

Already answered.

30. SoueysTash

SoueysTash GegenPosting

Indeed, Spurs have a good thing going at the moment. You could say we're in a similar position, in fact - arguably Spurs are in a stronger position having got CL two on the bounce. Therefore - if it's moving to clubs with similar outlooks, why bother upping sticks and leaving all your mates and parents to live up north? I think we all forget that the players are people - some are adventurous, some are not prefer being around things they are used to.

I won't think less of him whoever he signs for, obviously I'd like him to come here but it's his decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.