Sean Cox update

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Thanks for posting. I hadn't realised there was a fund set up. Maybe this thread should be pinned so it doesn't get lost? Sure there are plenty on here who would like to contribute. Hope the club are organising something for him too.

www.gofundme.com/SupportSeanCox
I knew he was still getting rehabilitation but never realised he was was as bad as he is.hope these 2 scumbags get lengthy prison sentences

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Last edited:

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Guys
This is really relevant to all of us, as any supporter could end up with the same fate. This man may never resume the life that he had due to the random act of savagery that destroyed him.
I think we need to be careful on commenting on the court case, just maybe to say we hope and trust justice will be done.
YNWA to Sean Cox and his family.

That is a sound idea. Not quite sure where that should go - top of this forum? Thoughts, @ubermick @Nikola @Mascot88 @Hope in your heart

edit: forgot ISMF
Maybe contacting LFC to act as intermediary

They have just started something with Jason McAteer so it may lead to help or organisation

Our thoughts are with Sean and his family

They will never walk alone

RedForever2014

Disgraceful that a middle aged peaceful man, standing outside a pub minding his own business, can have his whole life wrecked in about 20 seconds.

I’m not sure what the club is doing here, obviously the incident was outside the ground, but it seems there has been little other than token gesture support to date.

Platitudes and waving banners is all well and good, but the club takes our money week in week out.

So when a, thankfully rarely, serious incident like this happens, you’d think they’d do a bit more.

If LFC is a family, and the slogans the club uses commercially are actually what the club means in relation to its support, these are the times to show it.

And they shouldn’t need to be asked.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Disgraceful that a middle aged peaceful man, standing outside a pub minding his own business, can have his whole life wrecked in about 20 seconds.

I’m not sure what the club is doing here, obviously the incident was outside the ground, but it seems there has been little other than token gesture support to date.

Platitudes and waving banners is all well and good, but the club takes our money week in week out.

So when a, thankfully rarely, serious incident like this happens, you’d think they’d do a bit more.

If LFC is a family, and the slogans the club uses commercially are actually what the club means in relation to its support, these are the times to show it.

And they shouldn’t need to be asked.
I'm sure the club has paid more out to get that man city bus fixed than what they've probably paided out to help fund Sean's rehabilitation

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
I'm sure the club has paid more out to get that man city bus fixed than what they've probably paided out to help fund Sean's rehabilitation
I am not so sure. The club has been in contact with the Cox family, so we are second guessing what they have done or what they may do in the future. I think in fairness that it's an unhelpful comment you made regarding the Man City bus, in the absence of concrete information. RedForever2014 also commented that he is unsure what the club is doing, then criticised their "inactivity". If you are unsure of their activity in this how can you be critical?
I am not an apologist for the club, I hope they are being financially supportive to the family.
However.........
I think we should keep this thread respectful to Sean Cox. There are enough avenues and reasons to be critical of LFC. And unless you have empirical evidence that the club is doing nothing, then maybe don't make such comments. You could be right about the club. But you could be wrong.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
I don't think the club would advertise if they were helping the family. It would look cynical.

We simply don't know so best not to assume the best or the worst.
The club aren't paying for his rehabilitation and once his current one is finished (12 weeks I think) his family will have to fund any further rehabilitation, they are wanting to try get him to Germany and trying to raise 2m. If you read that article which comes from Sean's wife she actually mentions that she might have to get in contact with the club again which she wouldn't have said if the club were helping out as it was. She didn't say anything bad but for me its more of what she didn't say is more apparent

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
The club aren't paying for his rehabilitation and once his current one is finished (12 weeks I think) his family will have to fund any further rehabilitation, they are wanting to try get him to Germany and trying to raise 2m. If you read that article which comes from Sean's wife she actually mentions that she might have to get in contact with the club again which she wouldn't have said if the club were helping out as it was. She didn't say anything bad but for me its more of what she didn't say is more apparent
I don’t understand, in what way is the club liable for the injury to Sean Cox? Should they feel responsibility for the attack?

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
I don’t understand, in what way is the club liable for the injury to Sean Cox? Should they feel responsibility for the attack?
obviously no legal liability....morally? probably..... this is not a guy that's stubbed his toe on the pavement out the front if people are wondering where the future line is drawn.........

this year at my club we had an incident with a guy who had a heart attack....i talked about it t the time...whatever....we all rallied around and had a massive charity game and raffle day, in which we raised enough money for him to get through the next few months.....the club did whatever it could do to assist, from a venue for the charity match, beer over the bar and making people aware of the dates and stuff that would be auctioned for charity.

its a part of recieving so much from the community, that when the community need it, sometimes you have to give back.

my club is Seaford UTD soccer club in Melbournes south east.....we dont turn over 200 million plus.....

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
obviously no legal liability....morally? probably..... this is not a guy that's stubbed his toe on the pavement out the front if people are wondering where the future line is drawn.........

this year at my club we had an incident with a guy who had a heart attack....i talked about it t the time...whatever....we all rallied around and had a massive charity game and raffle day, in which we raised enough money for him to get through the next few months.....the club did whatever it could do to assist, from a venue for the charity match, beer over the bar and making people aware of the dates and stuff that would be auctioned for charity.

its a part of recieving so much from the community, that when the community need it, sometimes you have to give back.

my club is Seaford UTD soccer club in Melbournes south east.....we dont turn over 200 million plus.....
I can understand that, have been involved in some charity work locally as well.

I don’t think the club would be advertising any support they would be giving the family, especially as the criminal proceedings are currently in full swing and they have had one suspect incarcerated since April and in trial with another awaiting extradition in Rome.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
I can understand that, have been involved in some charity work locally as well.

I don’t think the club would be advertising any support they would be giving the family, especially as the criminal proceedings are currently in full swing and they have had one suspect incarcerated since April and in trial with another awaiting extradition in Rome.
Again I'm not trying to knock the club or say that they liable but obviously they aren't helping or have ever helped with his rehabilitation.

This is what his wife Martina said

"Yes, Liverpool assisted us on the practicalities while we were in Liverpool, in terms of flights and accommodation," she says.

"There was communication when we went back to Dublin. Their liaison officer came over twice and I met him but at this point that's all we've really had.

"I think now, given what we know about Sean's recovery and the long road, and the rehab that's ahead of him, we are going to have to reach out to them in some way."

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Please could we all remember that the circumstances around the attack on Sean Cox are the subject of a court case, and it is important that we don’t say anything that could jeopardise that.

- please avoid discussing the circumstances of the attack

- making any assumptions or allegations about the individuals involved, Roma football club, or Italian fans in general.

Failure to do so risks the process could end in a mistrial.

Thanks.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Please could we all remember that the circumstances around the attack on Sean Cox are the subject of a court case, and it is important that we don’t say anything that could jeopardise that.

- please avoid discussing the circumstances of the attack

- making any assumptions or allegations about the individuals involved, Roma football club, or Italian fans in general.

Failure to do so risks the process could end in a mistrial.

Thanks.
Uhm.... https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ot-guilty-roma-champions-league-a8590476.html

What mistrial?

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
I think there is one outstanding?
Lombardi was found not guilty of the assault but got 3 years for the disorder charges which he pleaded guilty to so was sentenced on that. The other guy who is supposedly the guy who threw the punch that did the damage to Sean is been extradited to face charges and I don't think there is a date set yet obviously for that trial

Anfield rd Dreamer

Again I'm not trying to knock the club or say that they liable but obviously they aren't helping or have ever helped with his rehabilitation.

This is what his wife Martina said
I don't get the criticism? The club helped out and were in contact when there was stuff to help out with? Now it turns out there will be more ways they need help with they'll have to reach out to the club. They've obviously been left with details to be able to do so and probably an open invite to do so. The club don't hire people with psychic powers as far as I know so they won't know when the family will need further help until the family tell them.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
I don't get the criticism? The club helped out and were in contact when there was stuff to help out with? Now it turns out there will be more ways they need help with they'll have to reach out to the club. They've obviously been left with details to be able to do so and probably an open invite to do so. The club don't hire people with psychic powers as far as I know so they won't know when the family will need further help until the family tell them.
It doesn't take psychic powers to know the family need loads of financial help to pay for Sean's rehabilitation ffs. Do you think they want to go with a begging cap in hand ? They club knows his situation and I think they should be offering to help fund his treatment.
The club isnt liable but as someone said above they do have a moral responsibility

Anfield rd Dreamer

It doesn't take psychic powers to know the family need loads of financial help to pay for Sean's rehabilitation ffs. Do you think they want to go with a begging cap in hand ? They club knows his situation and I think they should be offering to help fund his treatment.
The club isnt liable but as someone said above they do have a moral responsibility
As others have pointed out you don't know they haven't. Your evidence that they hadn't YET was an interview with his wife at the point in which it became known what was going to be required in the future. That was when his family found out and it was all new news how are the club supposed to have acted BEFORE that interview? She said the club had been sorting everything out cost wise before that and had (quietly with no publicity) flown out twice to visit the family, presumably to see what the family needed? There was no publicity so I can't see any other reasons for the visits. I'm sorry I'm just struggling to see where the anger is coming from. Other than harassing the poor family I'm not sure how the club should have done more up to the point she was talking. The family have to want/need help and support. The club have, so far, acted very discretely without this becoming a PR stunt, as you'd want it. Now the family do need things, if the club do ignore them then fine, that's not on. But we don't know that's happened yet, it certainly isn't the case from what she said in that quote you put up, it COULD have happened since then but we don't know. So you're basically getting angry over something that MIGHT be happening but might not.