Sean Cox update

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
So the club are actively involved, and th LFC Foundation have pledged to match the takings of the collection at the game today. The Klopp donation has raised awareness and the fund has grown considerably overnight.
So the ill founded criticisms can be put away thankfully.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Saw Michael Edwards and Peter Moore in that list as well

But the club doesn’t get involved, right?
Not sure why you're being so antagonistic, the criticism came from a good place and seemed fairly credible at the time given the interview by Sean's wife. And correct me if I'm wrong, the club hadn't got involved when @Irishanfield and whoever else it was brought the point up.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Not sure why you're being so antagonistic, the criticism came from a good place and seemed fairly credible at the time given the interview by Sean's wife. And correct me if I'm wrong, the club hadn't got involved when @Irishanfield and whoever else it was brought the point up.
Cheers bud and that was exactly where I was coming from at the time.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
the club hadn’t gone public with any involvement. People are so quick to judge, without looking at how it looks from the other side of the equation.

Highly unlikely that the club was oblivious to the situation, but rather they wanted to see where the civil liabilities from the ongoing investigation would result. so they could see where the assistance would be of help if they did deem it the right thing to do

Barry O'Connor

All players from both teams donate 1 weeks pay both Clubs match the amount way way way over the 2m required. Saddens me. It would be the first thing I would do as a player. Instead ordinary hard working people are running fundraising events so the fans can support a fellow fan. Be nice for the players to support one of us for a change. I don't want to be told they are helping behind the scenes and all that bullshit. Multi millionaire players and billionaire owners for God sake. It could have been anyone of us and then your wife and family instead of devoting all their time to your wellbeing have to run around the country trying to raise cash. It's a bloody disgrace. You'll never walk alone only goes one way.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Except, as by his wife (at the point they found out how much would be required), paid for all accommodation and travel till they got back home, flown out to visit the family twice over the summer on the quiet (presumably to see if anything was needed) and left lines of communication open that she could use to reach out to the club?

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Excellent move by Roma. 150,000 is nothing to be sniffed at particularly when we've sent 250,000 down the toilet as a going away gift to Scudamore. Such a waste.
If Scudamore had any kind of decency left in himself, he'd tell LFC to give that money to this lad instead to himself. The fact that he doesn't tells us all we need to know about his personality.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Excellent move by Roma. 150,000 is nothing to be sniffed at particularly when we've sent 250,000 down the toilet as a going away gift to Scudamore. Such a waste.
Has the club actually made a donation to the fund yet ? If not hopefully at least they at least match Roma's contribution

Edit- would be a nice gesture if henry actual dipped his hand in his own personal pocket and made a donation unless he has already and I just never heard about it

Anfield rd Dreamer

Has the club actually made a donation to the fund yet ? If not hopefully at least they at least match Roma's contribution

Edit- would be a nice gesture if henry actual dipped his hand in his own personal pocket and made a donation unless he has already and I just never heard about it
Can I just ask why you're so obsessed with finding something ANYTHING the club is doing wrong with regards to this tragic event? A Roma fan attacked a Liverpool fan before a game. For one thing I think they should have been doing more before now than wearing a t-shirt. Our club footed the bill for all costs during what must have been a bad time, kept in contact with the family including personal visits during the summer and have been involved in a huge funding drive to help towards FUTURE costs. We don't know what else our club has or hasn't done but so far up to now they've made sure the family are covered and that things have been started that will hopefully mean they are covered for the long journey to come. You say yourself you don't know who has done what but this is now multiple times you've been in here accusing them of not doing enough and so far there's no evidence they haven't. It seems you are subconsciously convinced they are the bad guys in this and waiting for a chance to be proven right. A lot of what the club has done has been behind the scenes without publicity so I'm not sure at what point you'll stop assuming the worst of them.

Semmy

Can I just ask why you're so obsessed with finding something ANYTHING the club is doing wrong with regards to this tragic event? A Roma fan attacked a Liverpool fan before a game. For one thing I think they should have been doing more before now than wearing a t-shirt. Our club footed the bill for all costs during what must have been a bad time, kept in contact with the family including personal visits during the summer and have been involved in a huge funding drive to help towards FUTURE costs. We don't know what else our club has or hasn't done but so far up to now they've made sure the family are covered and that things have been started that will hopefully mean they are covered for the long journey to come. You say yourself you don't know who has done what but this is now multiple times you've been in here accusing them of not doing enough and so far there's no evidence they haven't. It seems you are subconsciously convinced they are the bad guys in this and waiting for a chance to be proven right. A lot of what the club has done has been behind the scenes without publicity so I'm not sure at what point you'll stop assuming the worst of them.
Don’t waste your breath. Glass houses and all that. If I got jumped outside a pub here enroute to a sporting event, I can 100% guarantee that the host team/club is NOT going to feel responsible for damages or compensation

This is a rare case of a big match and big media coverage on the incident, but remember the away match and how many warnings were issued to the fans attending the match in Rome?

It is nice to see the outpouring of support for Mr Cox but I don’t believe it should be expected

Anfield rd Dreamer

Don’t waste your breath. Glass houses and all that. If I got jumped outside a pub here enroute to a sporting event, I can 100% guarantee that the host team/club is NOT going to feel responsible for damages or compensation

This is a rare case of a big match and big media coverage on the incident, but remember the away match and how many warnings were issued to the fans attending the match in Rome?

It is nice to see the outpouring of support for Mr Cox but I don’t believe it should be expected
It's great how much is being done for him and it's such a tragic event. I personally think our club and fans have shown how special we are which would never have happened with nearly any other club in the world. Certainly not to this level. I also think the support and solidarity our club has shown to the family is what has guilt tripped Roma into this action. It's actually a reasonably cheap piece of business as far as PR goes and they've made sure the world knows how much they've done to help. Whereas most of what our club has done is still on the down low. Completely quiet till the funding campaign. If they'd been advertising their actions every step of the way I'd guarantee they'd be getting slaughtered in here for turning the situation into a chance for a PR campaign. Instead they're slaughtered because people want to assume they aren't doing enough despite what evidence we do have being contrary to that assumption. It's just a horrible thing to use as a stick to attack the club or owners with. Find it all quite distasteful.

Semmy

It's great how much is being done for him and it's such a tragic event. I personally think our club and fans have shown how special we are which would never have happened with nearly any other club in the world. Certainly not to this level. I also think the support and solidarity our club has shown to the family is what has guilt tripped Roma into this action. It's actually a reasonably cheap piece of business as far as PR goes and they've made sure the world knows how much they've done to help. Whereas most of what our club has done is still on the down low. Completely quiet till the funding campaign. If they'd been advertising their actions every step of the way I'd guarantee they'd be getting slaughtered in here for turning the situation into a chance for a PR campaign. Instead they're slaughtered because people want to assume they aren't doing enough despite what evidence we do have being contrary to that assumption. It's just a horrible thing to use as a stick to attack the club or owners with. Find it all quite distasteful.

My desktop

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Heartbreaking .......

Sean Cox: Liverpool v Roma attack victim's wife on impact of serious assault

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46328095

"Sean went to a match in April and he never came home, that's the reality of it."

This is the stark truth Martina Cox is facing, after her husband Sean Cox was attacked before Liverpool's Champions League semi-final against Roma in April, outside Anfield.

She says the attack lasted just 17 seconds. But that 17 seconds will have a lifetime effect on her 53-year-old husband, who now cannot talk, walk or sit up unaided.