Sean Cox update

Livvy

Alles wird gut

Watch Friday's charity game between Liverpool FC Legends and a Republic of Ireland XI, in aid of the Seán Cox Rehabilitation Trust, live and free across LFC's official channels.

The match will see a Reds side managed by Sir Kenny Dalglish and featuring the likes of Ian Rush, Robbie Fowler and Sami Hyypia play at Dublin's Aviva Stadium in support of 'SupportSeán'.

Kick-off is scheduled for 7.45pm BST, and the game will be available to watch live and free on LFCTV, LFCTV GO, YouTube and Facebook.

For more information on Seán’s story, or to donate to the campaign, visit www.supportsean.com.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/345414-watch-live-sean-cox-liverpool-legends-ireland

Maria

Ireland legends v Liverpool legends 1-2

Just saw the post match interview with Also and Slicer, scored a lovely goal.

I didn't know Ronnie Whelan played for Ireland.

Quick question. Is Lansdowne road the same as the Aviva stadium and I am sure the Aviva stadium used to be called something else in the past?

Lovejoy122876

Ireland legends v Liverpool legends 1-2

Just saw the post match interview with Also and Slicer, scored a lovely goal.

I didn't know Ronnie Whelan played for Ireland.

Quick question. Is Lansdowne road the same as the Aviva stadium and I am sure the Aviva stadium used to be called something else in the past?
Hey you should look at whelans wonder goal for ireland v USSR

Yes landsown road is now called the aviva - its the only international rugby ground that sold its name, but i guess money talks....

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Good on the club and for the FAI (*gags*) to put this on. Reading back to the beginning of the thread its a bit mad to see people getting digs in for the club not doing anything. As of tonight his gofundme has passed over a million euro, and that's not including donations made directly. Great to see.

Still a ways to go, though.

Zac

Fantastic match earlier tonight and huge crowd considering it was not being played at Anfield. One thing I have been wondering for a while, why doesn't John Barnes play in these legends matches anymore, anyone know?

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Fantastic match earlier tonight and huge crowd considering it was not being played at Anfield. One thing I have been wondering for a while, why doesn't John Barnes play in these legends matches anymore, anyone know?
He was due to play in the England legends game for that TV show with Redknapp but injured his knee so may not have recovered fully.

jamsieboy86

TIA Youth Team
Hey you should look at whelans wonder goal for ireland v USSR

Yes landsown road is now called the aviva - its the only international rugby ground that sold its name, but i guess money talks....
Landsdowne Road was the old stadium, it was knocked down and the Aviva was built on the same site, 2 separate stadiums.