• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Sean Cox update

Livvy

Alles wird gut

Watch Friday's charity game between Liverpool FC Legends and a Republic of Ireland XI, in aid of the Seán Cox Rehabilitation Trust, live and free across LFC's official channels.

The match will see a Reds side managed by Sir Kenny Dalglish and featuring the likes of Ian Rush, Robbie Fowler and Sami Hyypia play at Dublin's Aviva Stadium in support of 'SupportSeán'.

Kick-off is scheduled for 7.45pm BST, and the game will be available to watch live and free on LFCTV, LFCTV GO, YouTube and Facebook.

For more information on Seán’s story, or to donate to the campaign, visit www.supportsean.com.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/345414-watch-live-sean-cox-liverpool-legends-ireland

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Ireland legends v Liverpool legends 1-2

Just saw the post match interview with Also and Slicer, scored a lovely goal.

I didn't know Ronnie Whelan played for Ireland.

Quick question. Is Lansdowne road the same as the Aviva stadium and I am sure the Aviva stadium used to be called something else in the past?

Lovejoy122876

Ireland legends v Liverpool legends 1-2

Just saw the post match interview with Also and Slicer, scored a lovely goal.

I didn't know Ronnie Whelan played for Ireland.

Quick question. Is Lansdowne road the same as the Aviva stadium and I am sure the Aviva stadium used to be called something else in the past?
Hey you should look at whelans wonder goal for ireland v USSR

Yes landsown road is now called the aviva - its the only international rugby ground that sold its name, but i guess money talks....

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Good on the club and for the FAI (*gags*) to put this on. Reading back to the beginning of the thread its a bit mad to see people getting digs in for the club not doing anything. As of tonight his gofundme has passed over a million euro, and that's not including donations made directly. Great to see.

Still a ways to go, though.

Zac

Fantastic match earlier tonight and huge crowd considering it was not being played at Anfield. One thing I have been wondering for a while, why doesn't John Barnes play in these legends matches anymore, anyone know?

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Fantastic match earlier tonight and huge crowd considering it was not being played at Anfield. One thing I have been wondering for a while, why doesn't John Barnes play in these legends matches anymore, anyone know?
He was due to play in the England legends game for that TV show with Redknapp but injured his knee so may not have recovered fully.

Dublin_Kopite

TIA Legend
At the final whistle last night i soon reflected back on how one man's life changed forever while going to support our team..

I hope for even a couple of hours last night that Sean had a massive smile on his face watching the club we support and love lifting #6

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
At the final whistle last night i soon reflected back on how one man's life changed forever while going to support our team..

I hope for even a couple of hours last night that Sean had a massive smile on his face watching the club we support and love lifting #6
Sean came into my thoughts at full time, and as you said, hopefully he had a smile when we won.
His son spoke at the recent Dublin Night Run, part of the funds raised were donated to the Sean Cox fund. He seemed genuinely moved by the support his Dad is receiving.
YNWA Sean, hope the future is good to you.

ubermick

Admin
Our supporters club had a raffle at the pub during the final, managed to raise $750 for Sean's fund. A reminder to all that even though he's home with the family now, he still has a very long road ahead of him, and we should all be keeping them in our thoughts.

Mario Santi

Cardoso Kid
Our supporters club had a raffle at the pub during the final, managed to raise $750 for Sean's fund. A reminder to all that even though he's home with the family now, he still has a very long road ahead of him, and we should all be keeping them in our thoughts.
Our Kezar pub in SF did our small part, didn’t it?

RedSeven

On the one road
I don't think he's home just yet mick, looking like the end of the month, maybe, although he was allowed home for the game last week it was only for the night from what I've heard. Anyway still a long road for the lad and his family. YNWA.

ubermick

Admin
I don't think he's home just yet mick, looking like the end of the month, maybe, although he was allowed home for the game last week it was only for the night from what I've heard. Anyway still a long road for the lad and his family. YNWA.
Cheers for the update, bud - even more reason for as all to keep the efforts going,.

SF Red

TIA Regular
We were up to $1000 before the end of the night.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Buckets being placed at Anfield for donations to fund during public display of European Cup. I think viewing and photo opp are free, so having donations bucket makes sense and shows that the club actually care.

Red over the water

I’m proud to be a red, and proud that the club, and so many others in its orbit, have stepped up to help Sean.

I think the whole thing in here is a bit of a misunderstanding really. Early on, there was a possible question as to whether the club was doing enough. Maybe that was fair and maybe it wasn’t, but the truth is we don’t know all the details. I think as the scale of the help that would be needed came to light, things kicked into gear. Lots has happened, culminating in the large cheque for Sean’s care a few posts up.

It’s a crappy story what happened to Sean Cox. But his family will take comfort in what a special club we are - and that’s everyone, not just the ‘formal’ club, but fans, supporter groups, the whole lot. They know that we don’t just sing YNWA. We mean it.

Credit to the club. Credit to the fans. And good luck Sean. YNWA.