Season Comparison: 2017/18 v 2018/2019

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Draw against West Ham and Leicester may come back and bite us in May (or next week). Dubai bug still in us apparently.

Fowler's Left Peg

Draw against West Ham and Leicester may come back and bite us in May (or next week). Dubai bug still in us apparently.
I agree, would have been nice carrying a bigger gap but it is what it is. Must try and win the next 4 now and hope they slip up.

I still look at that last 4 games to go and think if we can just get out of the other side of the Chelsea game and be on top its ours.

All 4 of those final games there is a chance the other team will be on the beach with nothing to play for.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
I still look at that last 4 games to go and think if we can just get out of the other side of the Chelsea game and be on top its ours.

All 4 of those final games there is a chance the other team will be on the beach with nothing to play for.
Agree with this. If we are still top after Chelsea then we only lose the title by throwing it away. 7 straight wins now. Please.

LaurazRed

The hopeful one
Yep it is written in the stars, I can hear Brendan now, if Leicester beat City. 'We showed great character today and showed what great people can do when you do things in the correct way. I always knew I could play a vital role when Liverpool won the title. I'm a very proud man today.' lol

MinniMo

Anyone have a comparison chart as to how City are doing this season to last? I just wonder if they are running par, or under.

Looks like we will have 3 ex LFC managers in the PL soon.

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit
Anyone have a comparison chart as to how City are doing this season to last? I just wonder if they are running par, or under.

Looks like we will have 3 ex LFC managers in the PL soon.
At this stage last season they'd only dropped 9 points in total.

They've dropped 16 points so far this season:

In terms of equivalent fixtures like in this thread, I've no idea. It's safe to say they're below their last season's performance though as they dropped 14 points in total last season.

Commando

Roy, Rafa and Rodgers.

So that's what my teachers were on about when they drummed the importance of the three Rs into me.

It's good to have your Rs to fall back on.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
10 games to go and its getting tasty. Great performance from Origi which now hopefully gives us another legitimate option up top. 10 wins and its ours.

MinniMo

Ironically, I think we have to start backing MU now, they look like the only team with the attitude to beat City, and for all their 'not wanting' LFC to win, they will have one hell of a scrap on for top 4 now. I'd even take them getting same as with us, a draw to put us as we were, sadly, they don't meet till 24th April - it's gonna be one of those matches if we are still running tight with City!

Show me the Mane

Another comparison between this season and last is that last season we were everyone's second team whereas this season they all want us to fail
it reminds me of a scene in Only Fools and Horses where Del is alone in a cottage with an escaped convict who is a bit of a nutter

nutter" I'm not very good at snooker.
I always lose."
Del "I've got a feeling you're gonna win this one".
nutter "I hope not.
I don't like winning.
My father used to force me to win at everything I did.
But people challenge winners.
You become vulnerable, you feel open to attack.
- Do you know the feeling?"
Del - "Yeah, yeah, I know exactly what you mean."
nutter "But losers are anonymous.
No one wants to challenge a loser.
There's something comforting in defeat.
I really like losing."

I never use to understand this, but do now

Perth Red

TIA Youth Team
At this stage last season they'd only dropped 9 points in total.

They've dropped 16 points so far this season:

In terms of equivalent fixtures like in this thread, I've no idea. It's safe to say they're below their last season's performance though as they dropped 14 points in total last season.
Equivalent fixtures, City are 6 points worse off and 5 goals worse off - yes I am a sad bean counter (Accountant)!

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
And here was me thinking we would struggle to match last seasons result against Watford and our GD Diff would take a hit.

GF Stat is interesting, 64 goals which is the same as same fixtures last season.

Look at the goals against though! 31 last year. 15 this year. That’s amazing.