Season Comparison: 2017/18 v 2018/2019

Fowler's Left Peg

Let's not keep you waiting much longer then shall we :celebrating:

Good solid win, never looked in danger despite the dodgy goal.

Another one of those against Fulham and City get to look at us on top spot for the duration of the International break before they can set it right.

Dane

NEXT!
9 straight wins over November/December.
We're well on the way to equaling that run.

kwala

TIA Regular
I genuinely think, if we win the next 3 games, we will win it if we don't lose to Chelsea in the 4th game, a draw will do. I'll be amazed if City win all their remaining games, and if they do, they'll deserve it.

Last edited:

Zeepzoop

I genuinely believe it's gonna be tight right down to the last game but we'll scrape it

My new car plates gonna look pretty sweet winning our 19th League in a 19 year

AC19 LFC

Anfields Champions 19 LFC

If that ain't an indicator I don't know what is

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
7 to go!!!

Next 3 League games are massive and could be where it is won or lost
The big advantage City have right now is that they play their big games after we do. In that sense, dropping any points in our next 3, which will all be tricky, have the double blow of less points and also a big confidence boost for City in getting through their difficult fixtures. Apart from Fulham and Cardiff coming up, every one of the remaining 6 games they play could be a bit of a banana skin and we really cant afford to give them any advantages leading into those games.

So imo regardless of whether we get 9/9 points in the next 3, City may very well drop points but it will be far more cagey for them if we are applying significant 'scoreboard pressure'.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
The big advantage City have right now is that they play their big games after we do. In that sense, dropping any points in our next 3, which will all be tricky, have the double blow of less points and also a big confidence boost for City in getting through their difficult fixtures. Apart from Fulham and Cardiff coming up, every one of the remaining 6 games they play could be a bit of a banana skin and we really cant afford to give them any advantages leading into those games.

So imo regardless of whether we get 9/9 points in the next 3, City may very well drop points but it will be far more cagey for them if we are applying significant 'scoreboard pressure'.
I don’t think it matters, and the objective is simple for both teams. Just keep winning. Regardless of who plays first or second neither side can afford a slip now.

veteranMortal

Does it even matter which date, Cardiff to travel to Etihad is as good as 3 points to Guardiola’s men.
You mean like when they went to Newcastle? Or when Palace went to the Etihad with their tails firmly placed between their legs?

auzziez

Does it even matter which date, Cardiff to travel to Etihad is as good as 3 points to Guardiola’s men.
It won't be a surprise to anyone if City win. But then Cardiff aren't going to Etihad for a rendezvous with City's tea ladies either. I fully expect them to make City earn their win, in which case Pep may have to stretch his squad a bit more than he wants for another 90 minutes. The result will not matter but how Pep uses his team to achieve it. It will be interesting to see how much Pep has to rely on his first team to get through.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
I don’t think it matters, and the objective is simple for both teams. Just keep winning. Regardless of who plays first or second neither side can afford a slip now.
I actually disagree with that. 'One game at a time' is something a coach needs to tell his players as there is very little advantage in terms of preparing for games by talking about what if's and such. But we as fans can afford to think a bit more deeply about any benefits of the fixture list since we have very little bearing on the outcome of the season; none whatsover if we aren't regular matchgoers.

I think both teams can afford a slip up without guaranteeing finishing empty-handed in certain circumstances and that is my point. Regardless of what you think of them at this point in time, Chelsea are a thorn in our side and we have a pretty lousy recent record against them. Getting 3 points will be a tough ask even at home. And if I was told that Liverpool would draw one more game I would pray that it would be, say, the Newcastle game (as unlikely as that would be with Rafa at the helm) rather than the Chelsea game as it would mean City wouldn't be able to use/gain any momentum of our draw early on in the run-in.

If you don't think the City players are keeping a very close eye on what we are doing you arent paying attention to what they are saying in the public domain.

Also I would kind of be shocked if both teams finished with 95+ points. Just dont see it, even with only 7/8 games each left to play. Sure, our players need to treat every game as a must win, but that isnt necessarily the case. Just preferably take max points over the next 3!

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Nope,it was at St James's with 50,000 watching,just looking at the attendance indicates citeh weren't at home.
Ah so very different from what I mentioned about Warnock leading his men into Etihad then. Thanks...

Nur der BvB09

The last 7 games ll be very difficult for both us and citeh for the later moreso with more games to Play. Guardiola and citeh ll break down in all fronts cause no matter oil$ can bye still humans stay humans at least and the quadruble ll be at the end only a looser³ for citeh. I know poundit ll still have lot of praise for them for what they have done in the past lol!!! They ll become the most trolled superhuman Team England have ever seen come to the end of the season

Fowler's Left Peg

Regardless of what you think of them at this point in time, Chelsea are a thorn in our side and we have a pretty lousy recent record against them. Getting 3 points will be a tough ask even at home. And if I was told that Liverpool would draw one more game I would pray that it would be, say, the Newcastle game (as unlikely as that would be with Rafa at the helm) rather than the Chelsea game as it would mean City wouldn't be able to use/gain any momentum of our draw early on in the run-in.
It is true Chelsea have been a bogey side to us, and when I first started thinking we could win it I looked ahead and this fixture jumped out. However the fixture gods have been quite kind to us with this game. We have our HOME game against Porto on the 9th, 4 full days break before we play them. They have their AWAY game against Prague on the 11th, only 2 full days break between the game and a flight home to boot.

Should give us a bit more freshness in our legs to deal with this game.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
We have our HOME game against Porto on the 9th, 4 full days break before we play them. They have their AWAY game against Prague on the 11th, only 2 full days break between the game and a flight home to boot.

Should give us a bit more freshness in our legs to deal with this game.
Good find! Didnt notice that.