• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Season Comparison: 2017/18 v 2018/2019

Fowler's Left Peg

As far as the run in goes I think it's done to be honest.

Fair play to City (from a footballing point) they have done their job and I can't see them letting us in now, we have to win out still just in case but they won't lose points in this run in.

Let's just make sure we bring home number 6, can't bear the thought of having this season and not winning anything, even though it sounds like such a Liverpool thing.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
As far as the run in goes I think it's done to be honest.

Fair play to City (from a footballing point) they have done their job and I can't see them letting us in now, we have to win out still just in case but they won't lose points in this run in.

Let's just make sure we bring home number 6, can't bear the thought of having this season and not winning anything, even though it sounds like such a Liverpool thing.

We're in the Brendgame now!

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
We're in the Brendgame now!
Brendgame, it ends even before it got started.

Anyway, this is going to be the most unfortunate team we have ever assembled. Not once our title chase has been this good and so unfortunate we had to overcome a team that clocked 100 points last season. I hope we can try and do the same again next season, and hope @Fowler's Left Peg continue with this great work of his. Really good job mate, thanks for the time you've put in on doing this thread.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
So, we've turned a lot red to yellow and green. Only one left. Come next season we know what is required for us to win the title, turning them yellows into green or turn that one last red brick into yellow. Either way, we know our target. Some says City won't be able to repeat the same feat, they just did (2 points off 100), we now know we need to get that 3digit total points to win the title. Hope we can do it.... the biggest plus point is we progressed while City compared to last season digressed.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
What a season. In 99 cases out 100, this would have been the league title. 97 points, pushing Cheaty all the way despite being involved in the CL until the very end too... fantastic.

That game at the Emptyhad was pivotal in the end. That ball from Mané which can't go over the line for a few millimeters, then the ball ricochetting somehow from Salah on a defenders leg or foot, I don't remember. Talk about pivotal moments... A few draws which could have been wins too after that game, but whatever... we could have asked nothing more from the lads, they gave it all.

Well done lads, really really well done. Now rest and train, play the CL final to your very best, so you can't have any regrets for that one too, and then go in holidays and recharge your batteries. Then, have another go at the title. You'll get there if you show the same level of engagement and consistency than during this season.

Fowler's Left Peg

Heart breaking stuff.

I think we all pretty much agreed at the start of this thread that anything north of 95-96 points would be enough to win the league.

I don't think there is alot more we could have asked from this team, they have been magnificent, we have to get the job done in Madrid, it would be criminal if this team doesn't win the trophy it deserves, lets hope the football gods are being kind to us in 3 weeks.

Hats off to City from a footballing side they have been fantastic, question marks over their operations but you can't knock they way they play.

I will be back next season to do it again, although I expect it will be near impossible to match this seasons return, at least we will know if we can stay close to it we will have a chance.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Heart breaking stuff.

I think we all pretty much agreed at the start of this thread that anything north of 95-96 points would be enough to win the league.

I don't think there is alot more we could have asked from this team, they have been magnificent, we have to get the job done in Madrid, it would be criminal if this team doesn't win the trophy it deserves, lets hope the football gods are being kind to us in 3 weeks.

Hats off to City from a footballing side they have been fantastic, question marks over their operations but you can't knock they way they play.

I will be back next season to do it again, although I expect it will be near impossible to match this seasons return, at least we will know if we can stay close to it we will have a chance.
Congrats for how you handled this thread throughout the season, mate. Hopefully you'll be as relentless as Klopp and the boys, and do it again next season! :well done:

Fowler's Left Peg

Congrats for how you handled this thread throughout the season, mate. Hopefully you'll be as relentless as Klopp and the boys, and do it again next season! :well done:
Just like the team, 'I'm not going away'

I'm obsessed with the club anyway, feels good putting it to some use and its only stuff I look at on a weekly basis anyway so no hardship keeping this thread going into next season and beyond.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
You look at that run of results and your assumption is, league champions. Is it any solace that under the old system of 2 points for a win, we win the league by 1 point? No, probably not.

[Incidentally, I can't remember whether the conversion from 2 points for a win to 3 points has ever made a difference in which team won the league before, anyone know?

Found an article on it...of course there would be...]

This is only the second season where the change from 2 points for a win to 3 points for a win would have made a difference in who was crowned league champions. The only previous season being 1994/5 when United would have beaten Blackburn to the title on goal difference.

Last edited:

Broomy

TIA's Redkopi
Ad-free Member
What a super thread, if there was a TIA Forum member of the year award i'd give my vote to you @Fowler's Left Peg .... Kudos for keeping this thread running throughout the season.... Bit of feedback, next season could you to be a bit quicker in updating the table every week, took you till Monday, even Tuesday to update it this season.... !!!!! Ah no, in all seriousness, thanks a mill!