Season Comparison: 2017/18 v 2018/2019

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Still only conceded five goals in the league. That’s pretty amazing.
And remarkably, we have never conceded more than one goal in any game so far. Apart from the mancs who are yet to come (and hopefully get a battering from us), we have met the strongest teams in the league already.

Anfield rd Dreamer

And remarkably, we have never conceded more than one goal in any game so far. Apart from the mancs who are yet to come (and hopefully get a battering from us), we have met the strongest teams in the league already.
Mostly away as well with the home fixtures against the London sides to come.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
After 13 games last season, we were 6th with 23 points - 14 off the top. Scored 25, conceded 18. It's looking very good, but City look unbeatable.

Saturday was a great platform for the next sequence of games. PSG and Everton to come, so so exciting.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Still needs to make sure the next two would give us full points before hosting United at Anfield. That weekend City will be playing against Chelsea in London, while we will know our fate next year as to whether we're still in the Champs League or Europa League. It would be tougher for us as we need to win and not able to rest anyone against Napoli (all down to that stupid loss against Belgrade). I just hope we don't fuck up on these two competitions.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Going to look at the next 7 games as a block really. 3 big, more difficult, games in there. Last season we picked up 13 out of 21 points and if we get to the end of the 7 games having matched or bettered that then I'll be happy. We've built some real daylight on the comparison between last season and this season we just want to maintain or increase that. One game at a time but I'm sure there will be the occasional game we did better last year than this. As long as, on the whole, we are still doing better then the odd hiccup won't matter.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
It really is ridiculous how this is our best ever start, and the way we're getting talked about/ how we're playing you'd think we were back in 2012/13 or something.

Really quite amazing how we've FINALLY found a way to win ugly, but a shame we're getting found out completely in the CL.

Fowler's Left Peg

It really is ridiculous how this is our best ever start, and the way we're getting talked about/ how we're playing you'd think we were back in 2012/13 or something.

Really quite amazing how we've FINALLY found a way to win ugly, but a shame we're getting found out completely in the CL.
I wouldn't say we have been found out, the Red Star result stinks but win at Anfield and we are in the draw for the next round.

That will be a great result, people seem to overlook how tough our group is.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Glad I included the bitters in this table now, not technically top six but because they are Derbies viewed them as important, as yesterdays emotion proved.

Great work.

But you have this season and last season the wrong way round :-)

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Just looking at it week by week

Game 14.

Season__W__D__L__GF__GA__GD__PTS
2017/18__7___5__2__27___19__+8___26
2018/19__11__3__0__27___5___+22__36

We’re 10 points better off in both the game week table, and the game comparison table. But our goal difference is off the scale better.

We’ve scored exactly the same number of goals as those free scoring reds of last year we’re pining after. But we’ve conceded 14 less goals, which is incredible.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about

Game 14.

We’re 10 points better off in both the game week table, and the game comparison table. But our goal difference is off the scale better.

We’ve scored exactly the same number of goals as those free scoring reds of last year we’re pining after. But we’ve conceded 14 less goals, which is incredible.
Also, Man City were 7 points clear this time last season - and pretty much won the league by Xmas. If we can stay in the mix, it'll make it very interesting.

The next 2 matches against Burnley and Bournemouth (both away) are probably much more trickier than we think, but feel more confident than I have done before. There is a real steel and determination about our team at the moment - and isn't it amazing that we have score the same amount of goals!

Kirsty.89

Conceding only 5 goals so far is amazing, and despite not scoring as freely as last season, we have still scored in every league game so far, bar the Man City draw.

SBYM

I'm just living the dream

Game 14.

Yeah...but...

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Only Chelsea (once) have had a better start defensively during the Premier League era. Second best start.
Impressive, but I was thinking about it being an LFC record and including the time before Sky invented football. In my time I can only think of 78/79 as comparable, when we conceded just 16 goals in a whole season (42 games). Just checked now and we had conceded 7 after 14 games so it's better than that. Not sure if there are other seasons when we've started so well defensively but if there are we are probably going way, way back.