• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Sepp van den Berg (CB) PEC Zwolle

What will van den Berg be leaning on?

• Big Cup

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Impatient scousers

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Sad Beckenbauer

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • The welcoming arms of Alex Inglethorpe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The legacy of a thousand destroyed young centre halves

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Echo journalists, still denying this is happening.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Internet fans, who’ve been ‘tracking him for years’

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Pile of discarded offers from the ‘big clubs’

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
That is actually pretty similar to Alexander-Arnold. He was always earmarked as a first team potential player but it was noted that he didn't react well to things not going his way - he would get emotional and aggressive, tackles would be reckless and positioning would disappear. Some days he would go into his shell and wouldn't be able to contribute to the team.

The Academy worked hard with him on that. Beale & Inglethorpe would get Adekanye, as the best dribbler in the U23s, to take him on time and time again essentially trying to break him down and force him to improve his mental reactions.

It has clearly worked well now that we see his performances recently when he has had major setbacks such as Man Utd away.

With that in mind I'm confident Van Den Berg would get good tuition on the mental side of the game here.
Love it! Great post and this is what we want the club to do with current players and new signings.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
The Academy worked hard with him on that. Beale & Inglethorpe would get Adekanye, as the best dribbler in the U23s, to take him on time and time again essentially trying to break him down and force him to improve his mental reactions.
Adekanye on the left, now that it'd be interested to see. Probably looked like Riise, knock and run outside the touchline. lol

Jaytinho

Looks like the boy is inked in for a medical. I read that even De Ligt once commented on his talent

rab

If a player signs but doesn't get to do the Liverpool lean photoshoot, has he even signed at all?

I hope gets to do it, back to back with big Virg, 80's buddy cop film style.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I will have to hold my hands up here and admit to never having heard of this young player. I understand he's a tall lad who has plenty going for him, and it seems that we are in the driving seat when it comes to his transfer. If we get him it will be like having another Joe Gomez on our books.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Why don´t you go for a lie down? Absolute nonsense you are spouting.
We’re done with you. That’s a final, permanent, ban.

To anyone else, I am not joking. If this baiting continues I am going to boot the lot of you. You know who you are and it’s ruining every thread at the minute.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Looks like this might be happening. I’ll have your suggestions for the lean poll.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
I think he'll be leaning against the cabinet where no.6 is on display. Is option 1 covered by that?

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
That is actually pretty similar to Alexander-Arnold. He was always earmarked as a first team potential player but it was noted that he didn't react well to things not going his way - he would get emotional and aggressive, tackles would be reckless and positioning would disappear. Some days he would go into his shell and wouldn't be able to contribute to the team.

It has clearly worked well now that we see his performances recently when he has had major setbacks such as Man Utd away.

With that in mind I'm confident Van Den Berg would get good tuition on the mental side of the game here.
I read that, Trent said it was the worst 3 months of his life. He hated coming into work, he'd come in, get toasted, go home, sleep, come in, get toasted.. Imagine coming in every day to work knowing you are going to just be bested all day.

We really do have one of the best youth set ups.

Dave-D

I’m taking the echo journalist as Pearce quivering and muttering. He can’t have signed because I never heard about it and how am I supposed to be taken seriously as a rumour killer when stuff like this is happening lol

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Done deal;

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/354756-sepp-van-den-berg-deal-agreed

I'm glad this is wrapped up - the future of our defence is sured up. Hooever and van den Berg have the best training partner in the world with their dutch counterpart (and the best defender in the world!) Virgil there to guide them.

Hopefully, in the next year or so, one of these two will get into the first team training set up at Melwood, and eventually replace Lovren in the squad.

Can't be too upset when you have Virgil, Matip, Gomez and Lovren as the first 4, followed by the two dutch kids.

Another sensible move from Edwards and co.

Now a LB and a attacking option please.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Done deal;

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/354756-sepp-van-den-berg-deal-agreed

I'm glad this is wrapped up - the future of our defence is sured up. Hooever and van den Berg have the best training partner in the world with their dutch counterpart (and the best defender in the world!) Virgil there to guide them.

Hopefully, in the next year or so, one of these two will get into the first team training set up at Melwood, and eventually replace Lovren in the squad.

Can't be too upset when you have Virgil, Matip, Gomez and Lovren as the first 4, followed by the two dutch kids.

Another sensible move from Edwards and co.

Now a LB and a attacking option please.
Most reports say he is going to be part of pre-season with the 1st team squad, Hoever already is. So that has already happened.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Most reports say he is going to be part of pre-season with the 1st team squad, Hoever already is. So that has already happened.
Klopp always takes as many of the youngsters on the pre-season tours as he can.

I would be very surprised however if both Hoever and VDB end up in the first team squad once the season kicks off proper. Really, they should be playing together in the U23s to build an understanding.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Klopp always takes as many of the youngsters on the pre-season tours as he can.

I would be very surprised however if both Hoever and VDB end up in the first team squad once the season kicks off proper. Really, they should be playing together in the U23s to build an understanding.
Well I think they train with the 1st team squad but play with the U23s.

Will be much easier when we have the combined Youth/Senior set up together facilities.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Do SVDB and Hoever play together for the Dutch youth sides?
No mate

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
No mate

Yeah, just edited my post when I saw that, cheers bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.