Seven games - what next?

How would you approach the last seven.

• 101+ points and immortality

Votes: 35 68.6%
  • It’s won - blood the kids.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Just a couple of changes to keep things fresh.

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Whoever needs the games for a medal

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Start thinking about 20-21 and treat the whole thing like pre-season.

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Well, that’s the league title done, but we’ve got seven games still to play. Back to work lads. Or maybe not.

Man City (A)
Villa (H)
Brighton (A)
Burnley (H)
Arsenal (A)
Chelsea (H)
Newcastle (A)

Wrapping it up this early gives Klopp some options for how he wants to approach the remaining games. What do you think he should do?

- We could potentially finish the season with 107 points, which would represent a legendary season, unlikely to ever be bettered. Anything over 101 points would give us the record points total

- With the league wrapped up, Klopp could be sentimental and look at who needs the appearances for a medal. All the senior players have at least the five required (Minamino has 5, and that’s the lowest), so it’s whether Klopp wants to get Curtis Jones (2 apps) Elliot (2 apps), Williams (1 app), Hoever, Chirivella and Van den Berg (all 0 apps).

- Klopp could look to get his ducks in a row for 20-21. It’s going to be a short break between campaigns, and Klopp could look to make the most of seven no pressure fixtures - getting the likes of Minamino and Keita purring, and bedding in some youngsters like Elliot, Jones and Williams minutes.

- Klopp could look at experimenting with a few positions, with nothing to lose if the experiments don’t pay off. Does he want to look at Wijnaldum at left back? Or give Alexander-Arnold a few games in midfield? Does he think Ox can do a job in the forward positions. Or does Klopp want to have a look at a 4231, or a diamond midfield? A back three?

- Does he give his senior lads the rest of the season off and play kids? There is a lot of football in those legs and some of the older players might appreciate the chance to get some rest.

Personally I’d like Klopp to go for 101+ points, while sprinkling in some meaningful game time for Elliot, Williams, Hoever and Jones. I think those boys are only really going to benefit from playing in strong sides anyway.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
I'd like a balance between going for the record and giving some youngsters like Jones, Elliott and Williams some time here and there. Keep players fresh enough so as not to risk injuries, but otherwise I'd like to see the regular starters to get the wins, and see the kids off the bench.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
We've got to respect the integrity of the competition so we ought not field weakened teams against those who are in a battle with other teams for Europe or relegation.

Save the experimenting for games such as Newcastle or where the result of the game itself is already determined (we're 3-0 up for example).

Noo Noo

from a personal perspective I's like to get to 101 points minimum. Purely to take even more shine away from City.

Let them become even more irrelevant, and melt down a little bit more. Party a little more in their minds.

big noyd

normally you'd expect to see fab/gini/hendo away to city, think it's a good opportunity to stick keita in there (since he obviously isn't being banished) and see how he does against a top side

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
There should be plenty of games for rotation, I expect that a lot of these players will get significant minutes. I would like Liverpool to end the season on 95 points, everything above that is a bonus for me because I'd like Klopp to treat the remaining games as preparation for the next season. I'd rather team be in appropriate shape for the next season than see them pushed in order to break Man City's points record and risk injuries. These players are already immortal, in my opinion.

After all, all of Liverpool rivals will be stronger. Man City will buy, Man United and Chelsea have bought well and will buy even furthe, I expect the three of them to fight for the title next season. Liverpool probably won't buy, at least not big, so it's imperative that they start quickly out of the blocks and set the pace. Shaqiri and Clyne couldn't be counted upon this season, Lallana didn't play much, so Liverpool should introduce the young trio that was on the bench against Palace and effectively have three more players in the rotation next season. More importantly, Keita's fitness has to be strengthened and Minamino should be groomed to be Firmino's alternative - that's hopefully two more players. Again, I'm one Keita's injury away from discounting him completely but I hope that I'll be proven wrong.

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
would like to go for the record amount of points,
and at the same time give starts to Elliott and Williams.
as both have a very bright future

But who do you drop to give them a start, without weakening the team too much
and trying to maintaining a winning run

can TAA be rested to give some game time to Williams without weakening the team too much?

the same goes for Elliott, whos place does he take, Mane? Salah? again without weakening the team too much

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
would like to go for the record amount of points,
and at the same time give starts to Elliott and Williams.
as both have a very bright future

But who do you drop to give them a start, without weakening the team too much
and trying to maintaining a winning run

can TAA be rested to give some game time to Williams without weakening the team too much?

the same goes for Elliott, whos place does he take, Mane? Salah? again without weakening the team too much
They don’t need to start. Coming from bench is enough.

nikz200

Wishlist

1. Get Minamino to score a goal and assist
2. Play Curtis Jones and Neco Williams with more frequency
3. Try and give Larroucci a run at Left back
4. Can we see shaq play at least once or twice before the summer?
5. Rest Van Dijk

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Fuck it, I want total dominance.

- 101 points or more
- 19 home wins
- 33 total wins or more

If the above happens we'll also smash the points gap record between first and second

Nice to have - Finish 50 points above the mancs

Last edited:

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
as kopstar says we should respect the teams and not put out a weakened team. I didnt vote because I think we need to play our normal game because otherwise we will lose the sharpness and that will impact our form next season. We need to stay focused and disciplined because these are factors that helped us win the league. Added to this, we should be able to rest players a bit more often that in a normal season. We have three mid week games coming up- in a normal situation we would rest 1 maybe 2 players in certain games but use our best 11 in key games. Now klopp has the change to rest 2/3 players per game to protect them from over use. We also have a very good squad to be able to do this.
Im sure Klopp is now already partially focused on next season. Winning the league now gives him the chance to start planning next season now, which players are to be sold, which players need the most rest to be recovered for next season, which players need more playing time.

In the end its a mixture of different factors. But what I love is the fact we are in a luxurious position. In the past ten years, we would be thinking now- who could we buy to improve the team, what positions need to be strengthened. Now, its- how do you improve on near perfection? Probably just like Paisley did. Keep the spine of the team, plan ahead, develop young, buy big when you have to. Buy cheap and develop. Dont change the team drastically but let it evolve.