• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Should we cheat (within reason) if that’s what it takes to win the league ?

Should we cheat to win the league ?

• Yes hack the big fucker down

Votes: 35 72.9%
  • No, playing by the rules matters more

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Should we cheat to win the league??

Not really a question when officialdom is bent on cheating us out of it. Yesterday summed up stuff. Fabinho took a yellow to break up an attack. Tactical decision, fair dues.
Rojo had two similar or worse tackles, no yellow. Fabinho has to effect his game after the yellow, to avoid red. Rojo has another free shot at a Liverpool player. Aside from the VAR nonsense.
Cheat?? We will never be allowed.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
The kids will luv ya there for teaching them a new word down the local comp in Epsom.
That’s directly opposite my house ! (but my kids all go to state schools). Numerous studies have shown that for bright children, private schooling is a waste of money and they achieve the same grades wherever they go. The only person I know who went to epsom college is now an alcoholic.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
To remain on the topic of cheating.....
Feigning a head injury (twice) in an attempt to hold up play is cheating. Stupid by Matip to put the ball out on the second one, as he was blatantly cheating. Did the same for Wales last week.
Will the FA act? Doubtful.

Danny_

I'd settle for us being treated the same as everyone else. It's very clear from Sunday that this is never going to happen, VAR or no VAR. And the bias will be rubber stamped by the cunt media, Skysports leading the way. Look at their headlines lately if you are in any doubt and their poll about the Rashford foul that was clearly a foul for any objective observer - I guess that's how we are deciding right or wrong now, with polls. Anyway, that said, if we do get a decision every now and again, I don't complain because on the balance of it, we never come out even. "It all evens itself out' - erm, yeah, no, it doesn't.

jaffod

Strikes me that the scenario described in the opening post of this thread is basically what happened to Mo against Leicester.

So maybe if it did happen it would be met with the same amount of apathy and indifference that Choudhury's 'tackle' has been met with.

What do you reckon?

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Strikes me that the scenario described in the opening post of this thread is basically what happened to Mo against Leicester.

So maybe if it did happen it would be met with the same amount of apathy and indifference that Choudhury's 'tackle' has been met with.

What do you reckon?
I know it wouldnt. It would receive negative media coverage and judgement beyond belief. Because its Liverpool.

Its taken ne a bit of time to come to this conclusion, so bear with me.......
The question framed in the OP is incorrect, what is described is essentially not cheating. The premise of the thread is based upon a naivety that players in all levels of football dont make tactical fouls, and based on a naivety that fairness exists in football at the highest levels. It doesn't.

The bottom line is Liverpool cannot cheat to win the league. They wont ever be allowed. City were allowed.
Yesterdays match was a microcosm of what is obvious, if we decide to open our eyes. Fabinho yellow card. Rojo, no card. VAR picking up Manes handball but the foul on him not mentioned. The Utd "goal".
We are serially cheated against. We cant ever cheat to win anything.