Simon Mignolet (GK) to Besiktas and Barcelona ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryBarlow99

We'll see a lot of outgoings in the next few weeks. Maybe enough to buy another attacker..... :-)

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
Mignolet leaving is inevitable, so who will be our number 2 this season? I don’t see how we can go into the new season with Karius on the bench. His confidence is shot to pieces and he’ll get dogs abuse at every away match over what happened in Kiev. The media won’t let it rest either, they’re just waiting for him to fuck up again. So, is Klopp going to bring in another keeper?

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Mignolet leaving is inevitable, so who will be our number 2 this season? I don’t see how we can go into the new season with Karius on the bench. His confidence is shot to pieces and he’ll get dogs abuse at every away match over what happened in Kiev. The media won’t let it rest either, they’re just waiting for him to fuck up again. So, is Klopp going to bring in another keeper?

I reckon it'll be Karius. It's for him to have the balls to play well and shut the haters up. Shouldn't think he will play many games anyway as we'll be bossing most games and I don't think he'll have much to do either. He's still a fine 'keeper that suits our style of play who just needs some time out of the spotlight.

Last edited:

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
I reckon it'll be Karius. It's for him to have the balls to play well and shut the haters up. Shouldn't think he will play many games anyway and we'll be bossing most games and I don't think he'll have much to do either. He's still a fine 'keeper imo.
That’s my concern, has he got the character to get through this? Only time will tell I suppose. I think some so called LFC fans could help by easing off the hate campaign on social media.
It’s interesting that Karius is not playing against the Mancs. Apparently he has a ‘minor knee injury’.

Pins88

I reckon it'll be Karius. It's for him to have the balls to play well and shut the haters up. Shouldn't think he will play many games anyway and we'll be bossing most games and I don't think he'll have much to do either. He's still a fine 'keeper imo.

It's a bad move. Karius is a good keeper but he needs to go out on a loan for a season as a number 1 to get some confidence.

We need 2 keepers fighting for the number 1 shirt to bring the best out of eachother. Karius won't put up that fight this season.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
It's a bad move. Karius is a good keeper but he needs to go out on a loan for a season as a number 1 to get some confidence.

We need 2 keepers fighting for the number 1 shirt to bring the best out of eachother. Karius won't put up that fight this season.
No we don’t. Alisson, at sixty million quid, is the clear undoubted number 1.

We need a deputy at a decent level, which I think can Karius, although his head is clearly not right.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers

Nope.

that 2 keepers playing against each other to bring out the best only works if you have two guys of relatively equal skillsets. Also, A GK is a fixture on the side. One fixture which isn't liable to be rotated too often. Klopp will want to give as many matches to Allison as he can.

Selling Mignolet and Karius on loan would be a better option. Just go in with Grabara and Shamil George as the 2nd and 3rd keepers.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Nope.

that 2 keepers playing against each other to bring out the best only works if you have two guys of relatively equal skillsets. Also, A GK is a fixture on the side. One fixture which isn't liable to be rotated too often. Klopp will want to give as many matches to Allison as he can.

Selling Mignolet and Karius on loan would be a better option. Just go in with Grabara and Shamil George as the 2nd and 3rd keepers.
Seriously ?

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"

When was the last time you saw us chopping and changing keeper to good effect, and keep them on their toes? Goalies are not like other players in the outfield position where you can keep chopping and changing as you please. That is not going to work.

Pins88

No we don’t. Alisson, at sixty million quid, is the clear undoubted number 1.

We need a deputy at a decent level, which I think can Karius, although his head is clearly not right.
I'm not saying alisson isn't but Klopp will want 2 hungry keepers who will battle for the shirt. If Karius thinks he can't dislodge alisson then there's no point him being in the bench.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
The last thing Karius needs right now is to know that he'll be facing an insurmountable task to get back to playing regular football. He first has to battle his inner demons (loss of confidence) , then face the hecklers and then he's got to adjust to the fact that Liverpool bought one of the best keepers around.

That's three things against him getting regular football & regular football at a league away from the EPL is what he needs to build back his confidence.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I'm not saying alisson isn't but Klopp will want 2 hungry keepers who will battle for the shirt. If Karius thinks he can't dislodge alisson then there's no point him being in the bench.
I a keeper moving from Rome to us, after seeing what we've done last season and he isn't hungry, he should not be playing for us.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
The last thing Karius needs right now is to know that he'll be facing an insurmountable task to get back to playing regular football. He first has to battle his inner demons (loss of confidence) , then face the hecklers and then he's got to adjust to the fact that Liverpool bought one of the best keepers around.

That's three things against him getting regular football & regular football at a league away from the EPL is what he needs to build back his confidence.
And you want to put 2 kids as our 2nd and 3rd choice keepers . what if Allison gets a serious injury an is out for 2 or 3 months ? Youd be cool with putting a kid in goal for that length ?

Esoteric

Happy to see Mignolet move on and I wish the guy all the best. He's going to look immeasurably different in front of a deep lying defence. Karius is a more than able number 2 keeper and if he's happy to stay as number 2, great, if not, he needs to move on and forge a career elsewhere. He's not the worse goalkeeper ever he's just not at the standard we needed to regularly challenge for honours. If he learns from his mistakes, gets his head down and can cope with the jeers, who knows, he might come out of this a better keeper.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Nope.

Nope.

Sell Migs, loan or sell Karius and get someone schmuck to be the sub on the bench (Krul or some other freebie) and we're sorted. Alisson to be our no.1 for the length of his contract and possibly beyond.

GaryBarlow99

Surely the idea would be to have a player on the bench who can replicate what our number one can do? Tottenham have this with Vorm and we will have this with Karius. He is not likely to play many games and I think this is the best thing for him. He had a shit spell two seasons ago and was removed from the team and then when he came back in last season for the most part he was good. Sell Migs and Keep Karius as back up.

Elessar

You mean doing a Moreno.

dockers_strike

I dont think you could go into a PL season, never mind the CL, with Grabara as your number 2. I know the lad is highly thought about for the U23 but he just doesnt have the overall experience yet. Yes, you only get experience playing in the league and such but I personally think it would be too big an ask.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Looks like Migs might not be going to Besiktas. According to a report on the BBC rumours page, Arsenal and Besiktas have "shook hands" on Ospina making the move.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Looks like Migs might not be going to Besiktas. According to a report on the BBC rumours page, Arsenal and Besiktas have "shook hands" on Ospina making the move.
You mean the snippet in the gossip section from the mighty "football.london"?

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
You mean the snippet in the gossip section from the mighty "football.london"?
Indeed. Yes, I know it's not quite up there with the Guardian or Telegraph, but various crap sources have been linking Ospina to Besiktas for about a week now.
There's this from the Bleacher Report:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...gunners-reportedly-agree-to-david-ospina-exit
David Ospina could be a Besiktas player before the new season starts after Arsenal consented to let the Colombia international leave.

The Gunners have reportedly "shaken hands" with the Super Lig club on a loan deal for their back-up goalkeeper, who could move on after four seasons in north London, per Fanatik (h/t Football.London's Rob Guest).

Ospina is said to still need convincing, with Guest noting he wants "€4 million a season, while Besiktas are only willing to pay €3 million." Guest also pointed out how Besiktas are keen to replace last year's No. 1, Fabri, who has signed for newly promoted Fulham in the Premier League.

As for Mignolet to Besiktas, the most recent report is in the Mirror which says somewhat contradictory things.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/danny-ings-simon-mignolet-close-12992879
First they say that Besiktas have made an enquiry about Mignolet and later there is this:
But it looks as if Mignolet will be the man to depart after Liverpool opened talks with Besiktas to sell the former Sunderland shot-stopper.

So which is it, I wonder? Just an enquiry or are they negotiating? Admittedly, the first comment seems to be taken from a report in the Echo that the Mirror refers to, while the second is from one of the Mirror's own staff, who probably knows as much as we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.