Sir Kenny Dalglish

KMD1951

Watched the film on iTunes this morning. The man has been my hero for over 40 years and I thought the film portrayed him brilliantly. Shed as wee tear hearing everyone talking about him and Marina at the end.

Legend. Enough said.

FGred

Kenny dalglish was the player i watched when i was little. I wanted to be ian rush and score goals but kenny had me spellbound. He made me want to play football. They detest him at manchester united. Must be because he routinely humiliated them. Its not like dalglish isnt a nice normal chap.
What endeared him even more to me is when he got under slur purple nose’s skin. He was holding this baby once and he said that he made more sense than him happy birthday KK

FGred

Such a class person on all levels,how this man hasn't been Knighted is a mystery to me,total Legend.
I have a feeling that he would have turned it down, don’t they ask the person first whether he wants to be considered for it? I’m not sure.
How can he be anointed by the queen he is the king of liverpool already!!!

Saw him play for Celtic as a young boy in Scotland (not a supporter of Celtic). Different class. He came down to England and thrived, no surprise. I don't think Scots truly appreciated how world class he was. A classic number 10, eyes in the back of his head and like all greats, was always two or three steps ahead of the game.

What a player, what a man. Kudos, Mr Dalglish.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
After the CL final defeat I completely forgot this programme was on. Watched it last night. Still available on BBC IPlayer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b57pqy

What a fantastic documentary this was. Genuinely insightful and moving. Tough watch seeing KD visibly upset when talking about Hillsborough. He doesn't give much away normally so it was a bit of a jolt to see him so emotional after all these years. Great footie clips as well, of course.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
SirKennyDalglish.
I'm SERIOUSLY tempted to change my name again.:think:

Would be a classic.

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Massive for the city, the club, the justice campaign, the fans of Liverpool FC. Most of all though Sir Kenny and his family

A deserved knighthood if there ever was one.

At last his greatness is recognised.

Maria

Congratulations to Sir Kenny Dalglish on his Knighthood. This has been too long overdue and well deserved honour to a unique, amazing human being and humble man. There are not enough words to describe the tireless work he has done for our club and during the Justice campaign and for the city of Liverpool.
He will always be our King as well.

Arise Sir King Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish.

UpTheReds

Tough luck with the demotion from King.

Honestly couldn't care a bit because royalty is bunk, but love the way he recognized all the people that came before him that but for one thing or another could and should have been similarly honored.

Red over the water

Made up to hear this. Thoroughly deserved. Top player, top player-manager, top manager, top man. What he did in the aftermath of Hillsborough was immense. With hindsight I wish the club could have somehow agreed a lengthy sabbatical with him, and he could have gone away for a while, then say 6-12 months later come back.

I hope it is true that the late timing of the Knighthood is down to Kenny previously refusing it while the truth about Hillsborough was still being covered up by the authorities.

Get a new S-I-R on the stand! Well done to a truly great man who embodies the very best of what this club is all about.