Sir Kenny Dalglish

jredp

many so called world leaders could learn a lot from following his example. Forget (I don't actually mean it) about his playing and managing career, it's his unselfish conduct towards other people in the face of adversity that makes him stand out as the ideal human being. There are very few humans of his level to have graced this planet. We at Liverpool are extremely lucky to have had him among us. I don't think there is a club in the world that has or had someone of his stature adorn their club. He gave us a lot and then some, when he played and managed our club, but he showed us what a complete person he is, in the aftermath of the disaster that befell our club by his unwavering support for the people of Liverpool. He has adopted us into his family, although I think we have in some way repaid him for that. I don't think we have a superlative to describe him, as the ones like legend have been overused and therefore lost the impact of its meaning. Humility is the closest I can think of to define him, if possible.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
I think its a bit ridiculous how long it's taken - presuming it was the wait for the Hillsborough trials - but regardless of that, what he did for the LFC family and fans was worthy regardless of the blame.

Everyone and anyone gets them these days too - somewhat diluted.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
I saw they changed the sign at Anfield, they added Sir in front of his name. By all means this is the correct way to have his name immortalize at Anfield. But I can't stop thinking, from my own small point of a view, maybe just naming it the "The King Stand" or "The Kenny Stand". I came to the point a long time ago that I just couldn't bother to care what people outside the LFC and greater Liverpool ( Everton fans as well ) think about Kenny.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
Kenny
Just watched the film for the first time. It was very good. Nicely to see maybe the more human side of Dalglish. It was as much about the disasters as the successes. And more about the man as oppose to the team. He was my hero as a child, and seeing this just enhances my opinion of him. There arent many people in the world who are people who are single minded and highly competitive, and yet selfless, team orientated, humble, unselfish, down to earth and giving. A remarkable man, remarkable player and remarkable human.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Kenny
Just watched the film for the first time. It was very good. Nicely to see maybe the more human side of Dalglish. It was as much about the disasters as the successes. And more about the man as oppose to the team. He was my hero as a child, and seeing this just enhances my opinion of him. There arent many people in the world who are people who are single minded and highly competitive, and yet selfless, team orientated, humble, unselfish, down to earth and giving. A remarkable man, remarkable player and remarkable human.

Agreed. I have my little group of such people that I greatly admire. Another is Gareth Edwards the Cardiff, Wales and British Lions legend.