• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

So close....

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
I thought when the ref gifted City a pen at the Etihad against West Ham when they were really struggling to find form and West Ham were right at it that it might cost us.And it did. Final score 1 GIFT GOAL TO NIL.
Sterling "going down under pressure". Couldn't see any pressure myself. Thanks Stuart Atwell,shit referee and twat.
I don't think it is fair to do anything but applaud City for their amazing season and their incredible achievement. I think they are an amazingly talented squad,( which unfortunately for us will probably will be able to retain it's core for quite a few years ) , and a great manager. Hats off to them.
It's a long season, and both City and us had a few lucky/undeserved escapes. Their achievement takes nothing of our performance during the season.

We have finally reached the level where we should only measure ourselves to ourselves, not to any other team. WE ARE LIVERPOOL !

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Can we finally put to bed the nonsense that used to be rolled out about us not being able to compete on 2 fronts?

This season has been incredible, regardless of the outcome on June 1st.

With the right manager, right players and right application, this is what is possible.

Guaranteed that Guardiola would swap Madrid for his 2 cup finals if offered.

OmegaRed

In my opinion we didn't win the league because of the referee who gave City a penalty against West Ham, a game they won 1-0. Blatent dive too. We didn't have such help, we just got good Mane goals ruled out.

OmegaRed

We might have a chance now VAR will be here.

Edit: Apologies about the double post, still getting used to the interface.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
In my opinion we didn't win the league because of the referee who gave City a penalty against West Ham, a game they won 1-0. Blatent dive too. We didn't have such help, we just got good Mane goals ruled out.
shhh don't mention milner being offside in the West ham game ;-)

Commando

Ad-free Member
shhh don't mention milner being offside in the West ham game ;-)
I can't be bothered analysing every incident of every game involving ourselves and city. but in the examples above (city's pen versus West Ham and Milner's offside against West Ham). If those decisions are changed, we lose one point for the draw and city lose two by getting a draw instead of a win.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
I can't be bothered analysing every incident of every game involving ourselves and city. but in the examples above (city's pen versus West Ham and Milner's offside against West Ham). If those decisions are changed, we lose one point for the draw and city lose two by getting a draw instead of a win.
Just was pointing out that we get decisions too.
Really for me the biggest fuck up was kompany not getting sent off in the first half of our game. That decision changed what way the game would have gone. City would have had to play 60+ minutes with 10 men. City fans will point to VVD getting away with a red card later on in the game but the point is that if kompany had got that red then the whole coarse of the game changes and probably the VVD incident doesn't ever happen

But kompany didn't get a red and we lost by a point.