• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

So how are we all coping?

RedYank

After the unreal thrill of Saturday, and the multitudes of hugs/high fives/toasts with the folks in the jam-packed pub, I have finally settled down and started taking it all in. Spent the better part of the work day today, jabbering like a magpie to every person who would listen about the gaining of the prize--but realizing, they had no clue of what I was talking about, much less caring.

Began thinking that, outside of a select small number of the world's population, what happened Saturday was meaningless. But, that made me smile all the wider: this joy belongs to us...no one else, just us.

Thus, I am not really thinking about what happens in a week or month right now. I am going to just relax and enjoy this. When my championship gear arrives, I will wear it around when I have occasion. People will look at me and either pay no attention, or question quizzically. It won't matter, I am going to enjoy and relish this for as long as is practical. Transfer windows and all the rest will come soon enough. Today is simply: the best.

Enjoy, my friends.

alaskared

Kloppite
Coping just fine. Supporter since 1977, winning is normal to me it's what I grew up with :celebrating:.
To be fair I was struggling through Hodgson & the end of Brendan's reign a little though ;-)
Now onto Super cup, Charity shield, club World Cup and then League & FA cups but mostly the Premier league . The players know how to win now, success is a f#cking habit, the hardest work is always for that first taste.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
To be honest I am jaded.

Its been a rollercoaster season, where fairness would have seen seen us winning the PL. Seeing Kompany score against Leicester was gut wrenching. The man who stopped us winning the PL, whose assault on Mo went unnoticed by an inept or biased ref and changed a result that changed history.

Not rehashing "that thread" but I have to contextualise my feelings.

I am emotional and uplifted by Number 6. I am proud and in some parts relieved that we got something we deserved. We managed the game, and won with a degree of ease. Never in doubt. I have cried, and then some.

But.....
I have a claw scraping at my gut telling me we deserved more. We deserved the PL. We played fair.
Hopefully we redress this next year, fill that void .........

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Happy, proud, drained, emotional, no voice, broken body. lol

Got back home in Zagreb from Madrid early this morning after landing in Vienna. Straight into work in the afternoon. Didn't manage to get in the ground (knew it would be more difficult than in Kiev, but there were few this time and it was much more expensive), amazing few days. From watching the Barca miracle & Wolves game from the Kop to this. Saw Philly, Carra's dad, (absolutely pissed) at the bar (there were only two around the ground) close to the Wanda (what a crap place to build a stadium of Atletico, by the way). Sang his song to him! Saw Paul McGrattan (or Gratty), Stevie's friend (from that 2006 post-Cardiff/pre-WC documentary), too. Talked to both, even they couldn't manage to get in. Stevie's friend tried a last gamble, buying a ticket for Spurs' end, but it was fake in the end. I tried to run and get in the ground when the final whistle blew to watch the ceremony, but the police would have none of it. 3 amazing nights in Madrid, loved it.

Now I'll just re-watch everything, the pre match stuff, the full game again and post match party.

We'll have more of these nights in the next few years I'm almost sure. Bring it on. :)

Last edited:

Flobs

FADA
I've caught something bad. I keep catching myself humming and singing that awful Firmino song 'si senor'?
I am suffering badly of paranoia and embarassment, looking over my shoulder to make sure noone has noticed.
Could someone invent a new song for Firmino that has nothing to do with Latin/spanish music please?
:-(

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
I keep singing Allez, Allez, Allez when I am in the kitchen. Now, that Salt and Pepa song 'Lets talk about SIX' is stuck in my blooming head all day today.

Then, I am watching all the post match CL celebration videos on repeat instead of watching tv news etc and or on the phone.
I need to get a life.lol

Last edited:

jaffod

To be honest I am jaded.

Its been a rollercoaster season, where fairness would have seen seen us winning the PL. Seeing Kompany score against Leicester was gut wrenching. The man who stopped us winning the PL, whose assault on Mo went unnoticed by an inept or biased ref and changed a result that changed history.

Not rehashing "that thread" but I have to contextualise my feelings.

I am emotional and uplifted by Number 6. I am proud and in some parts relieved that we got something we deserved. We managed the game, and won with a degree of ease. Never in doubt. I have cried, and then some.

But.....
I have a claw scraping at my gut telling me we deserved more. We deserved the PL. We played fair.
Hopefully we redress this next year, fill that void .........
I felt mentally exhausted at the end of the PL games and then had 3 weeks of fretting and worry leading up to the final. I was really looking forward to 2 months without any football, especially if we'd lost.
My over-riding feeling now is one of relief as I'm pretty sure we'll go onto greater things as opposed to all the negativity a defeat would have brought.
I want to wallow in it now. I've already gone out of my way a couple of times to drive past Anfield. I'm off into town in the morning to see if there's anything worth buying in the club shop and will be keeping a close eye on the Hat Scarf or a Badge website for any decent t-shirts they do.
I haven't been able to watch any highlights of the Athens, Basel or Kiev finals but always thought I'd try and watch them all the next time we won a big one. Not sure I'll watch the last 2 because they'll just make me angry but I might just watch Athens and then put Madrid on and re-live it all over again. And I have a confession to make. I walked out of the club after 55 minutes on Saturday because I couldn't bear to watch. I've never been a good watcher on tv and I realised I'd spent the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half staring at my trainees. Walked the streets for a bit and ended up talking to some old guy called Patrick who was doing the exact same thing. We calmed each other down and went our separate ways just before Divock scored so I legged it after him and we watched the seconds tick away on my phone. Then back to the club to see my lad and mates in time for the presentation. Regret it a bit now but it was just too fucking much for me at the time.

Can't wait for next season now. First home game should be boss, hope it's a Friday night game in t-shirt weather and then on to Istanbul to give Chelsea another pasting. Happy fucking days lie ahead!

RedYank

I keep singing Allez, Allez, Allez when I am in the kitchen. Now, that Salt and Pepa song 'Lets talk about SIX' is stuck in my blooming head all day today.

Then, I am watching all the post match CL celebration videos on repeat instead of watching tv news etc and or on the phone.
I need to get a life.lol
Your life is just fine...perfectly normal, actually.

I have had Dropkick Murphy's version of YNWA on continuous rewind since Saturday. It's me who needs the life! lol

Red over the water

I’m doing great. Biggest trophy in club football in the bag. European Champions baby!

Disappointed, slightly, to not win Prem and make it a double, but at the same time so proud of the team for such a good showing with 97 points. We are strong and will fight hard next season.

In the meantime, I’m intrigued to see how we will strengthen this summer. It’s time for a break, but I’ll be watching the various rumours closely, as following LFC is a real joy in my life.

melbournered

Three weeks to mull over of what happens if we lose, especially to a horrendous piece of bad luck , consumed my mind. Not good.
Game time was 5am Sunday morning, so i walked to my local pub about 2am and had a few pre game beers with fellow LFC fans.
The early goal (and the beers) settled the nerves somewhat. When Origi scored, there was this overwhelming sense of relief. We've done it!!!.

The best thing i ever did was go to the pub, because i am hopeless watching (or barely watching) the game at home.

Anyhow walked home, then spent the whole day and evening on the laptop. Watched the live stream of the parade for a couple of hours from 1am till i fell asleep.

Since then i have spent more hours over the past 3 days on my laptop, than i care to admit.
Going to the shopping centre a couple of times wearing my jersey has been a real pleasure. You just can't believe the support we have here. Guys just want to stop and talk or give me the thumbs up.

I have been lapping this up,haha.

P.S. As happy as i am, i just feel so pleased for Jurgen. The man deserved this.
Onwards and upwards.

jaffod

My shithousery in not watching the last 35 minutes has been playing on my mind. It's something I can never get back and I don't know if that's why I feel different to the previous 5.
Or maybe it's because many of us invested so much in trying to win the title? I'll admit I hardly gave the CL matches a thought until the day of the games and there were times I felt the best thing would have been for us to go out as I didn't feel we could compete on 2 fronts.
Also, it occured to me today that the animosity and hatred for this football club can skew your perception. Since Istanbul it has gone off the scale and I genuinely believe some of the joy is replaced by the need to put 2 fingers up to all the mancs, Evertonians etc who have quite simply become the fucking bane of my life. I reckon there's a part of me that needed this triumph so I can just laugh off their bitter and twisted drivel instead of being wound up by it.
Next week I'll be off to Anfield to get my picture taken with old Big Ears and I think that's when the enormity will hit me, seeing that big, beautiful bastard close up will bring it all home. It really is a thing of beauty. Then I'll do the tour when hopefully it's in the museum along with the one we already own. All that's left then is to sit down and watch the whole match when it's released on dvd. There's a lot to be done over the summer!