• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

So how are we all coping?

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Went to Anfield yesterday. Queued 3 hours to see old big ears. Wonderful. Never been happier in a queue!

Did a tour of the stadium too as haven't done the new stand yet. Touched the sign. Players will be touching that now.

I'd bought next seasons shirt, but wasn't sure what to have on the back - but went to the club store and had "Lets talk about 6" on it.
Its great being a red right now.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I am now gagging for the new season to kick off. It's a long way off, but at least we start first, I believe, with our outing against The Canaries. I'm looking for us starting the season in the same way as we ended last season ... Winning.

Wilkored08

The road to Madrid... Watching again...last week bought my Never Give Up red shirt...new cup required for new season...Road to Madrid will watch again, again and again...(Fathers Day....so glad my dad took me to Anfield when the dugouts were little brick shelters...)...A red at heart, a red through and through....

Alright Now

Had a dream last night that I died and my future grandson draped a reds flag over me. Figured that was fine. Then I told @indianscouser about it and he said not to worry about it because he has that same dream all the time.

So I’m not coping well now.

Lovely kid the future grandson though. Wore the King’s shirt everywhere.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Had a dream last night that I died and my future grandson draped a reds flag over me. Figured that was fine. Then I told @indianscouser about it and he said not to worry about it because he has that same dream all the time.

So I’m not coping well now.

Lovely kid the future grandson though. Wore the King’s shirt everywhere.
I thought you had loads of grandkids already.... in fact didn't one turn 18 recently. And also please put your teeth back in when you type, i don't understand your posts otherwise..

Alright Now

Leaving San Francisco for vacation in Maui. My son is wearing his VVD shirt. Security guard says only Bournemouth fans can get through. My son replies let’s talk about 6, baby. Guard didn’t crack a smile.

In San Francisco of all things.

Coping well.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
I have too much time on my hands. I keep watching the 2nd leg of the Barcelona gam. Then, go on to the final. Then when I dream at night, I have this nightmare of Jürgen dangling from the top deck of the bus, then Shaquiri and Brewster trying to pull him back up :shocked:

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Saw a Man Utd fan in the gym today. Hadn't seen him since end of May.

"Aint seen you for a while. You ok?"
"Not been 4 or 5 days but back into it now"
"4 or 5 days? What would have happened if you got to SIX days?"
He hasn't cottoned on yet - "If it gets to 6 days, i just write the week off"
"So you saying SIX is the magic number then....?"
He looks at me.... starts thinking.... kind of smirks, looks down and starts shaking his head.
So, now that I have his attention, I can rub it in....
"SIX is a very important number. Crucial in so many ways. You know, Man City - well 6 league titles now. Liverpool - yes, 6 European Champions. And Man Utd, well yes they finished 6th"
He's smiling, but boiling up inside. Confused, not sure what to say... then it comes out: "When you going to win the league?"
"Mate, the way its looking - probably before you. But cmon let us enjoy this moment. Its only the 6th time we've done it."
"Ive got to go. Catch you soon."
"Well, yes it is 6 O'clock" - and it actually was!

Life is great.

treboeth

He looks at me.... starts thinking.... kind of smirks, looks down and starts shaking his head.
"SIX is a very important number. Crucial in so many ways. You know, Man City - well 6 league titles now. Liverpool - yes, 6 European Champions. And Man Utd, well yes they finished 6th"
He's smiling, but boiling up inside. Confused, not sure what to say... then it comes out: "When you going to win the league?"
"Mate, the way its looking - probably before you. But cmon let us enjoy this moment. Its only the 6th time we've done it."

Life is great.
you utter unfeeling bastard.

Sending you all my love :cheers:

:celebrating::celebrating::celebrating::celebrating::celebrating::celebrating::celebrating::celebrating:

Alright Now

Life is great.
Did you even work out? You need to talk less and work out more.

Falcon51

I have too much time on my hands. I keep watching the 2nd leg of the Barcelona gam. Then, go on to the final. Then when I dream at night, I have this nightmare of Jürgen dangling from the top deck of the bus, then Shaquiri and Brewster trying to pull him back up :shocked:
I’m with you all the way! I’ve been watching replays of Mo’s goals, the Euro semi and final. I’m so antsy for the new season to start! So far no bad dreams or good ones, but Daily, every Day I’m scanning the web for Liverpool stories. GO REDS!

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Leaving San Francisco for vacation in Maui. My son is wearing his VVD shirt. Security guard says only Bournemouth fans can get through. My son replies let’s talk about 6, baby. Guard didn’t crack a smile.

In San Francisco of all things.

Coping well.
Maui is beautiful. Went there in 2015. Hired a car etc....

I think you should get your tattoo done whilst over there. Maybe the one I sent you?

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Mrs Alright Now just caught hold of a text on my phone from @Red_Jedi recommending that I get my tattoo while in Maui. She dismissed him and the idea firmly. Poor lad will never be the same again.
I’m still in conjecture as to who actually sent the message. Maybe @Alright Now went into that tattoo parlour and got put off by the needle? .... but either way, the tension is building nicely.

I need to get my 6th star done too... maybe we could get it done on the same day?

AndrewV

Finally number 6 is in the bag, an important enough achievement in it's own right.
But even more important, because the man we have leading us and the group of players he inherited, has signed and is mentoring, coaching and managing have given us such an amazing season to remember.
If one man on the Liverpool staff deserved last night it was one Jurgen Klopp.

The build up to last night started in escence for me when we were drawn against Porto in the quarters.
I dealt with it by letting my plans for the end of the season take over.
Trips to Barcelona and Newcastle were planned, and my search for a match ticket for the last day of the season consumed me and distracted me from the excitement of a potential 6th European Cup.

The Nou Camp was not as disappointing as I might have imagined. Fantastic trip with my lad, and we saw enough from that first leg to still hope the dream wasn't over.
Kompany's goal against Leicester dampened things a bit, but it only lasted for 24 hours. We demolished Barcelona to secure a place in the European Cup final.

Last day of the season kept my mind off the final too, with the faintest of hopes that Brighton might pull off a miracle, sadly not to be.
Then the mindset switched to the final, helping the pain of finishing a point short in the league.

And what a long fucking 3 weeks it was, not a day went by without multiple thoughts of beating Tottenham.
I was a wreck yesterday at work, tried without success to get a couple of hours kip before kick off, and then last night happened.

Not a great game by any stretch, but what a result. Finally number 6 was in the bag.
Watched the players after match, and the trophy presentation, then the players after presentation, but had to try and get some kip as I'm at work.

So on to how I'm coping.
I'm not coping but it's an amazing feeling at the same time.
Dane the gobshite, who tells people how it is, is not coping, he's a quivering wreck.

I've spent all day browsing sports sites, forums and Twitter, looking at videos of the celebrations of players and supporters, and I'm even more of a fucking wreck.
I'm constantly welling up every time I watch a video of the amazing support we have, lump in my throat, chest bursting and generally just feeling proud as fuck.

I'll get over this stage, but I'm not sure I want to
Jordan is the best skipper in rhe world. I love his new tat. Will be his first visible tat. A fitting one too.