• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Son Heung-Min (FW) Hamburger SV

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSeven

On the one road
Ad-free Member
Agreed ... The kid is obviously talented, and we could definitely use some visibility in the big Korean market ...
I read somewhere recently(maybe from another post) that when a player from that area of the world plays for a big team then he is followed by the whole region,not just his home country.So this may be a chance to capitalise even more than we already do in the asian market and not just the korean market,which would be even better for us.

Greg

TIA Reserve Team
I read somewhere recently(maybe from another post) that when a player from that area of the world plays for a big team then he is followed by the whole region,not just his home country.So this may be a chance to capitalise even more than we already do in the asian market and not just the korean market,which would be even better for us.
I'm not sure there's much truth in this. Koreans mostly hate United with a passion now because they have a Japanese player. When Park moved, all the Koreans who supported United (that I've met, and that's a lot) immediately switched to QPR. Some now follow Swansea.

I've been asking around a little bit today. People seem to think that this guy is really good.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
I'm not sure there's much truth in this. Koreans mostly hate United with a passion now because they have a Japanese player. When Park moved, all the Koreans who supported United (that I've met, and that's a lot) immediately switched to QPR. Some now follow Swansea.

I've been asking around a little bit today. People seem to think that this guy is really good.
If you ask Man U's board, they will tell you that South Korea has about fifty million confirmed Man U fans and that they all spend at least thousand bucks each on Man U products every season! It's strange that media there don't have anything on Son, though. He looks like a decent player and could be a good buy at 10 million euros.

jujungman

TIA Reserve Team
hmmm what is the population of korea? is it even 50 million?

i have watched this kid 2 years ago when i was in hamburg on a short business trip. hmmm i think he has improved in leaps and bounds compared to that time but the good thing with HSV is that they kept him through all the crap the club has gone through in the past few years so obviously they saw something in him. i still feel that in order to make an impact in the premier league he still has to improve a lot..... for now at best i feel he would add as a rotational player compared to the other options we have on the bench.....

no more crap about shirt sales and marketing and such and such please..... only winners for LFC...winning means $$$ not some asian kid with potential.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
no more crap about shirt sales and marketing and such and such please..... only winners for LFC...winning means $$$ not some asian kid with potential.
American, Indonesian, Indian and Chinese kids with potential? 300mil population give and take on the first two and 1.5bil population give and take on the latter two. Would that help?

Reactions: TFC

RedSeven

On the one road
Ad-free Member
If you ask Man U's board, they will tell you that South Korea has about fifty million confirmed Man U fans and that they all spend at least thousand bucks each on Man U products every season! It's strange that media there don't have anything on Son, though. He looks like a decent player and could be a good buy at 10 million euros.
Not sure weather your kidding or just got ur sums mixed up a bit.50 million fans at 1000 buck a head is 50 billion bucks.are you talking Americans,are there Korean dollars which are worth a lot less.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Not sure weather your kidding or just got ur sums mixed up a bit.50 million fans at 1000 buck a head is 50 billion bucks.are you talking Americans,are there Korean dollars which are worth a lot less.
I was kidding, of course. :) It was a dig at their survey which say that there are 659 millions of Man U fans in the world today when there are other surveys that clearly dispel that myth that they are trying to create.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
That still gives you 4.6mil worth of revenue. Although you have to realise that 1000 Won would give you a doughnut or a couple of cans of local soda. Don't think our merchandise is that cheap.... :)

boston red

Show me the Mane.
Hamburg game on Espn Tonight Is he starting i wonder want to see what all the fuss is about

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
Sopcast channel #137202 for those who are interested in seeing him play. Düsseldorf-Hamburg, 10 minutes in.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Depends how ugly next season's kits are....given how bad our current away and 3rd kits are, don't expect too much.
Errrr, when you're first kit breaks all kinds of records, I'm not sure it matters about the third kit.

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
16 million euro on an unproven striker? Meh...

TFC

TIA Squad Member
He seemed (according to ESPN's gamecast) to have played more of a midfield role in this last match.

buckled

TIA New Signing
i dont post very often if at all because i cant stand all the negativity ....but!...............this lad must be signed plus another young lad named carlos fierro (mexican)................both would fit into brendans way of working and its about time we take the gamble on the up and coming stars of the future before we are kicking ourselves that the scum or whoever else got there first!

right thats my 1 post a year done ............so cheer up everyone things can only get better :)

REDSkins

TIA Youth Team
Son is a top prospect, not sure about his current level yet, granted the only HSV match I've seen this year was a 3-0 loss to Bayern. Many good reasons to sign him, though I wonder if this will happen in January rather than the summer. Hamburg are racking up injuries so it might depend on how their squad is lookin after a month...

i dont post very often if at all because i cant stand all the negativity ....but!...............this lad must be signed plus another young lad named carlos fierro (mexican)................both would fit into brendans way of working

I don't know much about Carlos Fierro other than he's "the next big thing" in Mexico and he's the first player I've ever seen who has Football Manager statistics in his WIKI... :D (granted Assaidi had FIFA12 stats on one of the pages on LFC's offal). Anyway this is funny:

Fierro becomes a world class player in the Video Game Football Manager 2012. He becomes one of the best strikers in the world and always goes on to play for one of the top teams such as Manchester United or Real Madrid.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Carlos_Fierro

jujungman

TIA Reserve Team
Around 50 million ... Highly passionate about football, with GDP per capita at $23,020 ...
...but more passionate about baseball ( based on attendances )

...much more inclined to spend money on things other than football... such as booze food and more booze.

jujungman

TIA Reserve Team
hmmm he is a descent rotational type player at this stage i feel... he has potential and in my eyes he seems very direct which is good in a way.
having a good start to the season so far and had a few good kicks/finishes in front of goal. doesn't justify the price being thrown around though and ultimately that will be the problem i think. that is wayyy...... too much for a player who has his statistics so far.

I'm pretty sure that he won't be asking for too much money because he would realise that the exposure he would get playing for LFC would mean a lot of money regardless from corporations back in Korea ( like how Park cashed in on his stay at shi-nited, recently read he bought a huge building worth about 15 million somewhere in seoul )

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
I'm still amazed at that free kick in that video of him.. he just takes a couple steps and then boom... I wonder if he could do that again?

this guy seems very talented on both feet though which is something I like. he is very calm and controlled when cutting to his left and finishing which most players his age or even older I don't see enough of anymore

Greg

TIA Reserve Team
I'm not saying quite that. My Korean is not nearly good enough to really get much from the media. But I often hear Koreans talk about Ki (even when he was at Celtic), Park and Lee. I've never really heard much of Son. That said, if he were to move to Liverpool his profile here would go through the roof.

Any Korean who has international success is a hero to Korea. PSY is on every TV show and every billboard it seems, a woman who won a weightlifting gold is on the side of half the buses, and they go crazy for some girl who twirls a ribbon around on the gym floor.

Rest assured, if we were to buy this guy and he did ok, we'd make a lot of cash in Korea.

jujungman

TIA Reserve Team
I'm not saying quite that. My Korean is not nearly good enough to really get much from the media. But I often hear Koreans talk about Ki (even when he was at Celtic), Park and Lee. I've never really heard much of Son. That said, if he were to move to Liverpool his profile here would go through the roof.

Any Korean who has international success is a hero to Korea. PSY is on every TV show and every billboard it seems, a woman who won a weightlifting gold is on the side of half the buses, and they go crazy for some girl who twirls a ribbon around on the gym floor.

Rest assured, if we were to buy this guy and he did ok, we'd make a lot of cash in Korea.
true true...Ki and Park ( arsenal loaned to celta) and lee (bolton) were suppose to be the carriers of the torch in the current scheme of things. they are all good in their own way. just that i feel they didn't achieve as much as they were suppose to have.

Son is probably one of the next generation of guys after the current crop although we do have some interesting players coming through the ranks besides Son. Of course LFC would make money nevertheless but the fans will know that we only bought him for some marketing use if we don;t play him a lot ( just like how the majority of koreans who understand the truth about Park Ji Sung and his stay at UnitedMen....the fact that they didn't play him too much in the last few years didn''t go down too well with the public so most Koreans figured that it was a marketing exercise how long he stayed there----> very very bad publicity for the club. Same as what happened to Park Ju Young at the Arse... they don't televise Arsenal much anymore after that )

Status
Not open for further replies.