Stefan De Vrij (CB) Lazio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
Admittedly don't know much about the player but, in light of recent events, I feel a bit sorry for him. If we buy him tomorrow, every mis-kick will be met with, "we could have had Van Dijk..."

Having trouble getting excited for this one.

[email protected]

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/06/liverpool-see-bid-stefan-de-vrij-rejected-lazio-reports/

Reports coming in that we're going for Holland's finest centre back, Stefan De Vrij.

Thoughts?
Absolutely, definitely top notch. Also, doesn't have a shit name like Virgil. Pfft. I mean Virgil, really... who wants to have a Virgil around. Plus he has long hair. This Virgil lad, I mean. Stefan might. Have long hair that is. Don't really know coz I can't quite remember seeing him but he's definitely Holland's top CB.... Yeeeeees, Stefan... *sniff* :((

HKReds

I think he is a solid center back with a good passing range. Only concern is that from what I seen, I don't think he is that fast and might be caught out by the pace of the EPL... but then again, Hyppia is not the fastest player but he is still a really good defender so hopefully, it will work out.

MikeOscar

Klopp Klopp
Not a bad player, but not in VVD's class. However, he has had problems with his knees throughout his career and has missed the entirety of the 2015/2016 season due to a bad knee injury. Swerve, we've got enough injury prone centrebacks already.

KCollins

Banned Users
hahaha...now for the REAL target. A €20 million signing, that's more like it. The owners couldn't be any more transparent. Anyone thinking we were genuinely in for Van Dijk needs their heads examined.

We have been had by our owners folks.

carragold

TIA Youth Team
hahaha...now for the REAL target. A €20 million signing, that's more like it. The owners couldn't be any more transparent. Anyone thinking we were genuinely in for Van Dijk needs their heads examined.

Change owners to media and I think you might be right.

Clive

Another we've been linked with in years past.

Wait til he moves to a PL club like Southampton, confirm he's at the level we need, then move in. Wait a minute.....

SBYM

I'm just living the dream

My fellow Americans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball; but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif

shankly96

Dissolver of sugar
Don't really know if he's good so not gonna comment on his ability. What I will is if he is a target we better not dick about. If Klopp wants him here make sure he ends up here without the usual fannying about.

Dutch

Perhaps they made a man out of him in Italy because when he played for Feyenoord he was a pussy. Slow, often injured girly, did not like him at all when he was in the Dutch league. If this is the best CB we get this summer our defensive problems will not be over.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Said before that I'm not a fan of a Matip & de Vrij partnership, especially for our style.

But I give a week before de Vrij gets labelled as a footballing god here. Van Dijk who? lol

rab

It seems their transparency in their genuine approach is exactly what's caused the issue.

If you think all of this is an elaborate ploy to pretend we wanted to buy the lad to appease fans then I'm more than happy to let you in front of me in the queue for head examinations as you clearly need it a hell of a lot more.

GermanRed

I wonder how our CB signing will feel when he comes in knowing that everybody was expecting VvD.

Spitfire

Resident Realist
IT's amazing since the time the VVD deal fell apart we have already made an offer for an alternative, had it rejected and the press has enough details to report it.......

I'm beginning to remember why I go into hibernation at this time of year.......

K

Klopptinho

albeit only a £5 jackpot .

OhYaBeauty

IT's amazing since the time the VVD deal fell apart we have already made an offer for an alternative, had it rejected and the press has enough details to report it.......

I'm beginning to remember why I go into hibernation at this time of year.......
Not exactly. The de Vrij bid went in yesterday and the fuck up with van Dijk happened today. More likely the de Vrij bid was an attempt to get Southampton to come to the table for a reasonable price (i.e. closer to 50m than 70m) now that we were the only interested party what with City and Chelsea dropping out. That's why we lowballed so much. Lazio is asking £30m and we put in for £17m; that's just us trying to look like we'll move on if we have to because saints keep upping the price. No real risk of it getting accepted that low.

K

Klopptinho

We are always in a bloody storm when comes to player transfers and no golden flipping sky.:unhappy:
I am sorry I feel this way, but I am seriously teed off with this scenario time and time again.
been happening for far longer than the current and previous owners .. get to a point where it is expected . i think on this occasion we tried to steal a march on the rest and get the deal over the line before anyone else could gazump us . unfortunately it didn't work out . we'll just have to see what happens .. but that golden sky will appear one day .. 15 years or thereabouts of hate filled mancs i had to put up with before 2005.. and it was worth the whole damn 15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.