Stefan De Vrij (CB) Lazio

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by ILLOK, Jun 7, 2017.

1. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

2. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

I reckon we realised we could get this fella and rather mischievously pretended we fucked up and binned the VVD offer right away,masterstroke.:well done:

LFCFFC, Klopptinho, SBYM and 2 others like this.
  3. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

4. treboeth

treboeth Well-Known Member

Too soon man too soon lol

He`s too short and what will we do with all the spare cash :eh?:

Livvy and Scott Jones like this.
  5. Dhoff3

Dhoff3 TIA Squad Member

Admittedly don't know much about the player but, in light of recent events, I feel a bit sorry for him. If we buy him tomorrow, every mis-kick will be met with, "we could have had Van Dijk..."

Having trouble getting excited for this one.

6. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

Absolutely, definitely top notch. Also, doesn't have a shit name like Virgil. Pfft. I mean Virgil, really... who wants to have a Virgil around. Plus he has long hair. This Virgil lad, I mean. Stefan might. Have long hair that is. Don't really know coz I can't quite remember seeing him but he's definitely Holland's top CB.... Yeeeeees, Stefan... *sniff* :((

7. HKReds

HKReds Active Member

I think he is a solid center back with a good passing range. Only concern is that from what I seen, I don't think he is that fast and might be caught out by the pace of the EPL... but then again, Hyppia is not the fastest player but he is still a really good defender so hopefully, it will work out.

8. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Clear downgrade when compared with Sakho. Stay away from him, especially as he'll not come cheap.

MarlboroMan likes this.
  9. MikeOscar

MikeOscar Klopp Klopp

Not a bad player, but not in VVD's class. However, he has had problems with his knees throughout his career and has missed the entirety of the 2015/2016 season due to a bad knee injury. Swerve, we've got enough injury prone centrebacks already.

FGred and Hope in your heart like this.
  10. KCollins

KCollins Active Member

hahaha...now for the REAL target. A €20 million signing, that's more like it. The owners couldn't be any more transparent. Anyone thinking we were genuinely in for Van Dijk needs their heads examined.

We have been had by our owners folks.

11. carragold

carragold TIA Youth Team

Change owners to media and I think you might be right.

Scott Jones likes this.
  12. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

FYI, posting this in every thread does not make it true.....

schmee, Livvy, treboeth and 1 other person like this.
  13. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

I think this guy is definitely a great option, he'll take us to the next level and is worth every penny, unless we can't buy him then he was never good enough and probably overpriced too.

lfc.eddie, SBYM, Livvy and 6 others like this.
  14. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

Another we've been linked with in years past.

Wait til he moves to a PL club like Southampton, confirm he's at the level we need, then move in. Wait a minute.....

El Cuchillero likes this.
  15. SBYM

SBYM I'm just living the dream

My fellow Americans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball; but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif

16. SBYM

SBYM I'm just living the dream

Don't ask me why.

Just because...

Livvy likes this.
  17. shankly96

shankly96 I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like

Don't really know if he's good so not gonna comment on his ability. What I will is if he is a target we better not dick about. If Klopp wants him here make sure he ends up here without the usual fannying about.

18. Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member Valued Member

Perhaps they made a man out of him in Italy because when he played for Feyenoord he was a pussy. Slow, often injured girly, did not like him at all when he was in the Dutch league. If this is the best CB we get this summer our defensive problems will not be over.

19. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Said before that I'm not a fan of a Matip & de Vrij partnership, especially for our style.

But I give a week before de Vrij gets labelled as a footballing god here. Van Dijk who? lol

20. rab

rab Well-Known Member

It seems their transparency in their genuine approach is exactly what's caused the issue.

If you think all of this is an elaborate ploy to pretend we wanted to buy the lad to appease fans then I'm more than happy to let you in front of me in the queue for head examinations as you clearly need it a hell of a lot more.

redfanman and treboeth like this.
  21. GermanRed

GermanRed Well-Known Member

I wonder how our CB signing will feel when he comes in knowing that everybody was expecting VvD.

Livvy likes this.
  22. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

Defensive?

23. Spitfire

Spitfire Resident Realist

IT's amazing since the time the VVD deal fell apart we have already made an offer for an alternative, had it rejected and the press has enough details to report it.......

I'm beginning to remember why I go into hibernation at this time of year.......

SBYM likes this.
  24. Klopptinho

Klopptinho Well-Known Member

and putting that quid in the gambler and winning the jackpot ? :celebrating:

redfanman likes this.
  25. Klopptinho

albeit only a £5 jackpot .

redfanman likes this.
  26. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Right now, I don't care anymore, I give up.

27. Klopptinho

don't give up. darker times have been upon us . at the end of a storm ..

FGred and Maria like this.
  28. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

We are always in a bloody storm when comes to player transfers and no golden flipping sky.:unhappy:
    I am sorry I feel this way, but I am seriously teed off with this scenario time and time again.

29. OhYaBeauty

OhYaBeauty Mamadou Sakho Fan Club Chairman

Not exactly. The de Vrij bid went in yesterday and the fuck up with van Dijk happened today. More likely the de Vrij bid was an attempt to get Southampton to come to the table for a reasonable price (i.e. closer to 50m than 70m) now that we were the only interested party what with City and Chelsea dropping out. That's why we lowballed so much. Lazio is asking £30m and we put in for £17m; that's just us trying to look like we'll move on if we have to because saints keep upping the price. No real risk of it getting accepted that low.

30. Klopptinho

been happening for far longer than the current and previous owners .. get to a point where it is expected . i think on this occasion we tried to steal a march on the rest and get the deal over the line before anyone else could gazump us . unfortunately it didn't work out . we'll just have to see what happens .. but that golden sky will appear one day .. 15 years or thereabouts of hate filled mancs i had to put up with before 2005.. and it was worth the whole damn 15 years.