Stefan De Vrij (CB) Lazio

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by ILLOK, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

I have been waiting 27 years for us to win the EPL.

2. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Like turning up for a Tinder date and realizing you thought you had been talking to her friend.

garth, LFCFFC, football.tiger and 3 others like this.
  3. Klopptinho

Klopptinho Well-Known Member

me also . lived in manchester until 2011 . all those false dawns , so much hate and gloating . it will happen but i get less confident with each passing season. don't tell anyone that though as i am one of the few on this forum that doesn't lose their head when we lose and doesn't get over excited when we win.. and tries to rally the troops when we are down .. i know there are so many heartbreaking moments to being a liverpool supporter.. but we are all privileged to get to support them . it pales into insignificance the hurt we go through compared with the loss and hurt some have suffered supporting this great club .

Maria likes this.
  4. Keeno

Keeno TIA New Signing

No the fuck up happened whenever we did the fuck up. Today we held our hands up.

5. Klopptinho

Klopptinho Well-Known Member

yeah i was really pissed off when my date turned out to be a woman!

6. Spitfire

Spitfire Resident Realist

My comment was aimed more at the press report.......your conclusion above is an example of what comes from it........

Click bait or whatever - retweet the above a few times and it becomes 'fact' - we as fans are our own worst enemy.

Do you really think a low ball offer on another player will 'scare' southampton into negotiating........unlikely.

lfc.eddie likes this.
  7. Mark Thurgood

Mark Thurgood is tired of this "new member" tag

Pennies makes pounds or having a shower to then get out and realise you need a crap

8. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Is it possible the bid was to set a price for Sakho?

9. spizfromoz

spizfromoz The Ancient Home of Austerity

We should find out who Southampton are scouting and jump the deal. Just cut out the middleman

lfc.eddie likes this.
  10. HKReds

HKReds Active Member

What if it is Sakho....

redfanman likes this.
  11. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Not sure if we should go for someone like this fella. If he's any good, there would have been a lot of offers on the table by now, no?

12. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

What if this guy is who they are scouting ;-)

legalalien likes this.
  13. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

I don't wish to seem knee-jerk or defeatist, but I think rather aptly sums up what what my mood will be if we sign this player after screwing up on van Dijk...

[​IMG]

koptician, redbj, Klopptinho and 10 others like this.
  14. lillypad_33

lillypad_33 TIA New Signing

Has anybody watched this guy.... Is he an upgrade on Lovren?

15. MarcusBerglund

MarcusBerglund Well-Known Member

As I said, de Vrij is decent defender, but at 25 he doesn't look like the player who will improve the center of our defence. Compromising signing and we will definitely overpay, if there is a deal. Lotito does not sell his players on the cheap. Last summer he sold Candreva for around 20 mln. and he is 30 years old.
    De Vrij is injury prone and at least he, Lovren and Matip could rotate not only on the field, but also on the injury table.
    For the last 3 seasons he has played 59 matches for Lazio, the maths shows that he plays less then 20 games per season.
    Is our ambition is to sign de Vrij, Gelson and that type of players?
    The proclaimed CL had to help the club bring better players who will improve the starting 11. In my opinion de Vrij and Gelson are typical Europe League signings from poor leagues and the worst is that they sell for premium and most of the time we are not pleased with these type of transfers.
    Italy - Dossena, Aquilani, Padelli, Balotelli etc. Only young Cou was the right transfer.
    Portugal - Markovic, Ilori.

16. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Same.... not an upgrade.

spartacus136 likes this.
  17. Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member Valued Member

I have and the answer is no.

18. MikeOscar

MikeOscar Klopp Klopp

Can we blow up our transfer committee before we jump? Please?

19. pottymonster

pottymonster I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.

Know nothing about him, but I remember last summer when we were all amped up for Gotze and then we signed Mané who turned out to be the bees knees. So maybe, just maybe, the club are pretty good at scouting players now.

20. Gazmaninaus

Gazmaninaus Well-Known Member

Thought I would post this link. isn't this what we did with VVD.
    http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/889055344?-19388:814:3.
    Ps, it's actually 30 million euro they want, not pounds, we offered 17 million pounds. Not sure how far off, we are between figures. I did see a list of CB's in Europe, but the Danish lad playing for in Holland looks good.

21. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

What about Chelsea's Danish lad (Christiansen?) who was on loan in Germany and who's demanding first team football at CFC. If Chelsea move in for VvD then he'd be surplus to requirements.

22. kotsebotse

kotsebotse TIA New Signing

Agree, I almost haven't seen him the last season, but unless he's made significant progress this season, he's worse than Lovren, around Klavan level imo - decent, unspectacular, a bit slow and clumsy. If he's our alternative to VVD, I despair.

23. norwegian wood

norwegian wood TIA Regular

Christensen, I believe. Looks like a potentially good player, but if we buy him I don't think we're buying someone better than what we've got. We would strengthen the squad, but (for me) not the starting eleven. I know it's a squad game, but most teams still have a go-to XI they play in big games.

Same with Jonathan Tah, another young player who has been mentioned a few times here and there.

24. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Aye, I agree with much of the last few posts. Despite his criticism, Lovren is a good player and it's going to take a really good player to give us someone better than him. De Vrij isnt that guy, and Christensen isn't that guy yet. VVD is.

legalalien, MarlboroMan and redfanman like this.
  25. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

I agree. De Vrij would basically be giving us depth rather than an upgrade on Lovren, who's not bad himself anyways and had good success with Matip.

Still, if we're not to get VVD but were willing to spend 50M on him, why not go after Koulibaly. The reports i had seen were that last year his team was seeking around that number so it may be doable. Then again, that was last year so maybe it's 80M this year.

MarlboroMan likes this.
  26. Red Armada

Red Armada TIA Regular

The initial bid was well below what Lazio want and placed when negotiating for Van Dijk. It was more of a ploy for Southampton rather than a genuine attempt to sign him. At least, that how it looks to me.

Besides there's quite a drop in quality between Van Dijk and De Vrij. I'd expect the club to go for the likes of Koulibaly and Gimenez who were touted as potential alternatives to Van Dijk before settling for someone like De Vrij.

If that's not the case, then it looks like we're headed for a repeat of the 14/15 summer window....

27. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Nikola to the airport. Admin

I would say that De Vrij is most certainly better than Lovren. Problem though is that he's an unknown quantity injury-wise, and has been playing in a league that's not exactly known for it's physical nature. No clue if he'd be able to adapt properly (or if so, how long that'd take), or if he's one clatter away from being finished for another season.

But in fairness to him, he's younger than VVD, about the same height, and has three times the caps for Holland. Wouldn't be as ideal for us, but hardly a binnable player.

JustHitMyHead likes this.
  28. T.C.B

T.C.B Well-Known Member

Any idea why VVD has so few international caps?

29. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

With all the grand failure of our transfer window thus far and the prospect of losing out on all our top targets, I'm considering making this my new avatar. It's basically how I'm feeling on a daily basis at the moment.

redfanman likes this.
  30. Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member Valued Member

If Klopp wants a Dutch defender and VvD isn't coming he better look at de Vrij's partner in crime in Lazio"s defense an Dutch international too, Wesley Hoedt, 1.88 meter 23 years old left footed.