Stefan De Vrij (CB) Lazio

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Tia terms guidance, labelling the VVD Transfer situation as at 11/6/2017

Big mistake, huge cock up= ok

Grand failure = absolutely unacceptable and must be brought to task.

Last edited:
K

Klopptinho

A big mistake has been made to kick-off this window, but i would not label it a failure so far as its only been 48 hrs
if you consider what jack bauer could do in 48 hours then its a huge failure.. it all depends on your definition of failure i suppose . with the banks not being open for much business on a weekend in the uk i guess clubs could be waiting for payments to process.. especially if we have used paypal .

jabu

TIA New Signing
Tia terms guidance, labelling the VVD Transfer situation as at 11/6/2017

Big mistake, huge cock= ok

Grand failure = absolutely unacceptable and must be brought to task.
semantics at this point... good night... we go again tomorrow!!

James H

"One word: Thundercougarfalconbird"
i remember matthaus and sammer playing in defence purely because of their ability on the ball and it is with the influx of foreign coaches it's been adapted to the premier league - we've had players who could play that way before but it wasn't the reason they were signed . when you look at chelsea they have defenders who defend first with the exception of luiz - play to your strengths and success comes from it . i remember rodgers first game when he asked the defenders to play out from the back.. didn't we lose 3-1 or something and had one of our cbs sent off ? the philosophy of the boot room always seemed to be (from what i have learned over the years) win first worry about performance second . we need the lads at the back to be able to organise and be vocal.. we don't have that at the moment.
I'm not saying they are anything new, merely that they are now the number one accessory. A lot of the difference now to then as far as I can tell was those CBs won the battle first that allowed them to play ball more. It seems rare now that defenders and GK recognize the time to play the ball or the time to just get fucking rid and reorganize.

K

Klopptinho

I'm not saying they are anything new, merely that they are now the number one accessory. A lot of the difference now to then as far as I can tell was those CBs won the battle first that allowed them to play ball more. It seems rare now that defenders and GK recognize the time to play the ball or the time to just get fucking rid and reorganize.
i agree.. it seems like the coaches have coached out of people that natural instinct that if you appear to be holding a grenade or standing with a bomb at your feet... boot the bitch up the pitch ! they now stand there trying to defuse it themselves.. cause utter panic throughout the team.. concede .. and then no one is to blame .. because it is how they are told to play :celebrating::celebrating::celebrating::celebrating:

K

Klopptinho

i really believe we are going to have an awesome window despite a somewhat self-inflicting start...
gotta remain positive . absolutely .. if everyone associated with the club went to pieces at the first sign of trouble over the years.. i think we might have .. no wait .. actually we probably would never have existed .lol if we sign no body at all i'll be annoyed because i like the new signing thing .. but we'd still have a great season i am sure of that .

Kopstar

★★★★★
#LFC are set to be dealt a severe blow with their target, Lazio defender Stefan De Vrij close to agreeing a new contract. (Sky Italia)

"Severe blow", hey? lol never change, football rumour folks...
We've lost out on a player we were never interested in in the first place? Aww....fuck, will this club's incompetence ever end?

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
We didn't even make an attempt to get interested? What the fuck. TC out. FSG out.

Wait we didn't put in a bid for him then? I thought we did you know to use as a bargaining tool to get Southampton to lower their fee for VVD. There were report saying we offer what 19m Euros for him weren't there?

Wait we didn't put in a bid for him then? I thought we did you know to use as a bargaining tool to get Southampton to lower their fee for VVD. There were report saying we offer what 19m Euros for him weren't there?
Since we are seeing that he is signing the contract, i am sure that our interest is something his agent came up with.

LFC CAN

De Vrij doesn,t seem to be that quick or physical , surely someone like Manuel Akanzi from Basel would have been made a great partner for Van Dijk

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
#LFC are set to be dealt a severe blow with their target, Lazio defender Stefan De Vrij close to agreeing a new contract. (Sky Italia)

"Severe blow", hey? lol never change, football rumour folks...
yeah, turns out to have a release contract of 25M. That's a fucking severe blow indeed.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
De Vrij doesn,t seem to be that quick or physical , surely someone like Manuel Akanzi from Basel would have been made a great partner for Van Dijk
He's gone to dortmund now.

Imo we don't need another CB now. Gomez, Klavan, Lovren and Matip should provide enough depth going forward.

Focus needs to be on a GK.

He's gone to dortmund now.

Imo we don't need another CB now. Gomez, Klavan, Lovren and Matip should provide enough depth going forward.

Focus needs to be on a GK.
Totally agree. If VVD settles into 85% the player we payed for we just need 2 of Matip, Lovren, Klavan and Gomez to be decent. Problem is none of the latter 4 is don't want them to lead the defense line like they have had to. But as #2 and #3--I think it will work (again with the assumption VVD mostly proves his worth).

Status
Not open for further replies.