Stefan De Vrij (CB) Lazio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
I don't think he is thaaat good, but he might become an upgrade on Matip/Lovren. Yes, please.

He is too injury prone and is actually not very good. How about we cut Lovren and Matip some slack and see how they perform with a natural defensive leader besides them before we start pushing them out of the door?
I'm not their number one fan, but I would say you have a point. Let's see how they shape up with VVD shouting out his orders to either of them.

[email protected]

Haven't had a massive blow in years, mate.
More tongue in cheek. In silly season loads of headlines; Liverpool suffer massive blow in 'insert random player name here' pursuit. That and 'Liverpool monitoring 'insert whoever'. What with all the monitoring and massive blows our transfer department should be gibbering wrecks by now.

PeachesEnRegalia

I'll get me coat...
More tongue in cheek. In silly season loads of headlines; Liverpool suffer massive blow in 'insert random player name here' pursuit. That and 'Liverpool monitoring 'insert whoever'. What with all the monitoring and massive blows our transfer department should be gibbering wrecks by now.
I think we're talking about two different things here.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Is this guy actually an improvement on Lovren and Matip? I have MASSIVE doubts about that. Don't think there is any truth about our alleged interest. I reckon even our 4th choice CB aka King Klavan > De Vrij.

SC LFC Fan

Is this guy actually an improvement on Lovren and Matip? I have MASSIVE doubts about that. Don't think there is any truth about our alleged interest. I reckon even our 4th choice CB aka King Klavan > De Vrij.
Yeah, I'm not sure he fits what we need either. But on a free, to me, it all depends on what we're bringing him in for. If it's for a Klavan type backup role that allows for Gomez to stay at RB (if that's what Klopp truly sees him), then I'd be fine with it. However, I actually think Lovren's style pairs pretty well with VvD. Virgil allows for him to be a little riskier, which can have it's rewards, having Virgil both to guide him and cover for him.

But if our goal is to bring him in to be the second half of a world class pairing, I'm not sure he fits the bill (not that Lovren does either, but maybe the sum of the parts is greater than the individuals in them).

vjcpatriot

I still can't trust Lovren. He has brainfarts at inopportune times. Those have cost us goals on numerous occasions. What should have been 3 points turns into 1 point thanks to a Lovren blunder. Yes with Virgil barking orders at him, that will reduce the number of mistakes, but in the end he still has to make the proper play on his man and I don't trust Lovren to do that in a pressure packed moment when the game is on the line.

Maybe De Vrij is not the guy, but I would love to see Liverpool invest in one more quality center back option. Maybe one of the big, strong Italian defenders since Laporte and Sule have both been snatched up and Tah looks to be going nowhere this summer given his recent contract extension.

I'm looking at guys like Alessio Romagnoli and Daniele Rugani. These guys are already playing well in Series A but might kick their game up another notch under Klopp.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
I do wonder, do they not save the bank details somewhere?
There is that, but I was under the impression that they were emailed from a fake account to say that the bank account details had changed. But surely for a business that deals in money transfers of such large amounts, you would have thought that football clubs would be a bit more savy and clued up to this possibility and having procedures in place to verify this sort of thing

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
There is that, but I was under the impression that they were emailed from a fake account to say that the bank account details had changed. But surely for a business that deals in money transfers of such large amounts, you would have thought that football clubs would be a bit more savy and clued up to this possibility and having procedures in place to verify this sort of thing
Yeah it's not like you are sending a tenner to a mate....

lfc.eddie

"┬┐Plata... O Plomo?"
I do wonder, do they not save the bank details somewhere?
Pretty sure there's standing instructions in the other account to reroute the money to various accounts till they hit somewhere in the virgin island or cayman. A lot of cases like this in Asia and which is why I think the cryptocurrency system called the Ripple is going to be a big thing soon.

trygve76

TIA New Signing
Last I read he was on his way to Inter. I can say unequivocally though that he definitely has tied Lazio's defence together this season, the players either side of him have big defects. He's an intelligent defender, a better ball player than Lovren and makes a lot less mistakes than Matip. I'd like to see him at Liverpool.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Miranda will be 34 in a few months so makes sense they want a 'proper' partner for Skriniar. Not sure if Inter is the best choice for the player though. Both Milan clubs seem to be stuck in the mud for a good few years now despite all the hype around the investment (though I'm not impressed by the majority of their dealings, Roma, Napoli and even Lazio if they can sustain it seem to do a better job behind Juve with around the same or even less money) and Inter actually having strong league periods this and last season (but failed miserably in the end). Must be very good wages and a tasty signing on fee.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Last I read he was on his way to Inter. I can say unequivocally though that he definitely has tied Lazio's defence together this season, the players either side of him have big defects. He's an intelligent defender, a better ball player than Lovren and makes a lot less mistakes than Matip. I'd like to see him at Liverpool.
Unfortunately the Serie A can make players look really really good, but drop them into the PL and it can look so much worst. Less time to play the ball, therefore more likely to be rushed and therefore more mistakes.

I've read mixed reviews about him. What I know is we need a new CB - I'm hoping Klopp picks up some youngster that we don't know much about.

Status
Not open for further replies.