• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Stewart Downing - To Middlesbrough // Arsenal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
It will be locked on the February 1st, as will the majority of threads in Rumour Mill.

Reactions: TFC

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Seems to have bucked up his ideas, and his late performances have all been excellent, so credit to the lad. After all, he received enough blame when underperforming, so surely deserves to receive a bit of praise now, when delivering the goods...

On the official site, there is an article with an interview, in which he says that chats with BR helped him to find form back: http://www.liverpool...t-spurred-me-on So BR surely deserves credit as well for getting a player on his feet, whom we all deemed beyond any help a few months ago...

I think it's clear now that he'll stay at least until the summer, and while I said like Mascot above, that his performances would dip as soon as the transfer window closes, I'm not so sure anymore... in that interview, he sounds like he has accepted to put his head down and work hard for the team, and obviously it has helped him a long way to recovery.

steve10

TIA New Signing
It will be interesting to see how much game time he gets because we could easily start with a frontline of Suarez, Sturridge and Borini plus I would rather play Sterling than Downing.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I think he has a role in the squad, at least until the summer. Even if he can't be trusted in the big games, he has shown that against medium to lower teams he is very effective. The team has a focus point he can work on supplying, and he is finding it easier to work with clear instructions in each game.

Dos07

TIA Regular
How is this not locked.
Surely going nowhere. Not a mention of it anywhere.

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
He may be sold in the summer.Especially if he returns to his previous form.

Status
Not open for further replies.