• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Super Cup, Charity Shield and Club World Cup

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Will it again be a 23men matchday squad?
I think so. Space for 1-2 kids (depending on one or two GK's on the bench), other than that, all our fit senior players.

Will this seriously be considered as a worthwhile trophy when we win this?
In my opinion, yes. Of course, not in the same bracket as the league or any of the 3 cup competitions. But more important than the Charity Shield (which Klopp himself counted as a proper trophy, of course all managers will try and give more importance to it). Plus, it will be also nice if we can win the CWC for the first time in our history.

:-)

Last edited:

Dave-D

I want to keep that trophy winning mentality going and the best way to do that is keep winning trophies even if they ain’t that important in the grand scheme of things.
Liverpool have just missed out on one trophy so get this one lifted and give the players that little boost

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
So... this?
Adrian
Trent Gomez vDijk Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mane

Subs: Lonergan, Kelleher, Matip, Lovren, Hoever, Milner, Keita, Lallana, Chamberlain, Shaqiri, Origi, Brewster.

Could only see maybe Matip (could be more needed against Chelsea) starting ahead of Gomez (could be more needed against Southampton). But it will probably be this I guess.

StevenAlonso

Quite confident we will score lots against Chelsea.. They play so open and Salah/Mane/Firmino will have a field day..

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Quite confident we will score lots against Chelsea.. They play so open and Salah/Mane/Firmino will have a field day..
We are going to go up against one of the smartest manager in the league. Kept all his best player for that important cup in midweek, don't think it will be easy for us.

wibseyred

We are going to go up against one of the smartest manager in the league. Kept all his best player for that important cup in midweek, don't think it will be easy for us.
I do hope that's taking the piss. Smartest managers he's just been outdone by Ole.

StevenAlonso

Nice troll mate.. No game is easy but after that hammering from United they are up for the taking..

Claymenza

Here.... judge it yourself.

Being good at school and an IQ test isn't a sign of having the intelligence needed to get results in the profession.
Some say Mc manaman could have breezed through university had he not got a youth contract with us.
Robbie Fowler is also a very business savvy person.

Does not mean that intelligence automatically translates to coaching. I think Frank will do well though, but not necessarily as a tactician but more so as a people person. He needs a real brain/tactician under his wing.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Being good at school and an IQ test isn't a sign of having the intelligence needed to get results in the profession.
Some say Mc manaman could have breezed through university had he not got a youth contract with us.

Does not mean that intelligence automatically translates to coaching. I think Frank will do well though, but not necessarily as a tactician but more so as a people person. He needs a real brain/tactician under his wing.
Not supposed to be take seriously mate.... poking fun at Chelsea.

FGred

That heavy loss to the shites will just plant a seed of doubt in the more experienced players, about his tactical nous I hope