• Phil Coutinho’s broken dreams

Votes: 39 37.9%
  • Big tin of fizzy pop

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Michael Edward’s big computer

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Confused ITKs

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • Sad Ole. A bit like when Frodo goes off on that ship.

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • Contract table. Not even real FFS.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • A cheap and highly efficient rail system that actually works.

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • A bit of Melwood they are leaving up just for lads to lean on.

Votes: 20 19.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
There seems to be a £7.75m release clause until January only. I'd say that this clause is built in for RB Leipzig, to get him on the cheap and thus distorting the player market at their advantage.

Dunno how LFC have got wind of that release clause, maybe through the player's agent? In any case, it seems they are working on bringing him in for the coming January instead of next summer as would be the normal procedure, due to that clause. That's when our strong pulling power could play a decisive role.

I missed both live games against Salzburg, so can't really speak about the player. But he's the typical kind of player Klopp and co. would be interested in: a hard worker by all accounts, who can be brought in for a reasonable fee and developed further.

So, to the lads who saw him play: would he be worth it?

SupaLFC96

I was waiting for someone to write this thread after I seen Joyce's tweet. This seems as good as done to me. If he has a release clause that low and Klopp impressed he will be in next month. He was ripping us at Anfield. Very quick and can play 10, or winger.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
This is probably the kind of player Klopp likes to sign. Hardworking, under the radar, has the necessary skills and attributes to succeed. Nothing is guaranteed of course but he does really look very very good in the 2 games against us. Not saying we are cheapskate but as I said before in other threads, Klopp would not like to get into bidding wars. If a player wants to come to us, make it clear he wants us, and then Liverpool is more than willing to negotiate a fair "market" price like he has mentioned before in our purchase of VVD. So I would say Klopp seems to take pleasure in signing such players. But lets see whether it truly develops into serious action on our part.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
This is probably the kind of player Klopp likes to sign. Hardworking, under the radar, has the necessary skills and attributes to succeed. Nothing is guaranteed of course but he does really look very very good in the 2 games against us. Not saying we are cheapskate but as I said before in other threads, Klopp would not like to get into bidding wars. If a player wants to come to us, make it clear he wants us, and then Liverpool is more than willing to negotiate a fair "market" price like he has mentioned before in our purchase of VVD. So I would say Klopp seems to take pleasure in signing such players. But lets see whether it truly develops into serious action on our part.
It's so so Robbo all over again!
He was excellent in both games against us, spreadheaded their revival at Anfield.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I'm excited by this. Japanese kids work a lot on the technical side of the game but dont make it in Europe often because of their physique. Nakamura and Nakata, both excellent players from the 90's/early 00's made a big impact, and it sounds like this kid is the next in line. If he matches the level of Inimoto who played for Arsenal and I think Cardiff he would still be a good signing at the price mentioned.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member

Key bit;

"Liverpool expect to allow both Rhian Brewster and Curtis Jones to leave the club on loan in January, with the club eager for the teenage stars to pick up senior experience."

SupaLFC96

James Pearce also tweeted that it's highly likely he is in, in January. This is done to me. Joyce for one, as someone said, doesnt go off unsubstantiated rumors and seem to get his information from people who know. Apparently Bundesliga, Serie A and United interest sped up the process....as well as the bargain price

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
Joyce has reported it so this one is all done. Lock it up.
Exactly. There's no way he would report something like that if it wasn't all but done. Just a matter of time until january.

I think this is an amazing deal for many reasons, but mainly for Minamino's quality. That boy really impressed me in both LFC games and I started following him a bit. Looks fantastic and with a bright future ahead of him.

What a sign.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Obviously happening if Joyce is reporting it. Been very impressed with him in the games against us but seen nothing of him otherwise. I liked Hwang too. He's been linked with Wolves today.

At this fee there is no risk at all and it's just the boost we needed knowing how tough and congested the second half of the season is going to be.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
If this was anybody but Joyce id be laughing my head off at this rumour, as it's the typical 'night after' rumour. LFC plays PSG. Therefore next day rumours Mbappe is signing. Liverpool play Genk? We are signing Berge. It's utterly lazy and pathetic journalism, trying to hook LFC fans onto players that just got noticed the night before by them, to sell papers.

If Joyce is right, then good on him. If he isn't, then I lose a heck of a lot of respect for him.

EDIT:. Ah, I notice he didn't even say we are signing him, but just proposing it, given that we played them yesterday.

So he really is no different to the other douches. Trying to sell stories.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
If this was anybody but Joyce id be laughing my head off at this rumour, as it's the typical 'night after' rumour. LFC plays PSG. Therefore next day rumours Mbappe is signing. Liverpool play Genk? We are signing Berge. It's utterly lazy and pathetic journalism, trying to hook LFC fans onto players that just got noticed the night before by them, to sell papers.

If Joyce is right, then good on him. If he isn't, then I lose a heck of a lot of respect for him.

EDIT:. Ah, I notice he didn't even say we are signing him, but just proposing it, given that we played them yesterday.

So he really is no different to the other douches. Trying to sell stories.
Well that aged well.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
Makes perfect sense this. Good young player. Fits the system. A steal if the reported money side of the deal is real. Will explode the Japanese market for us. Bet Salzburg REALLY wish they'd never been drawn against us now......

I concur, Jurgen.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Melissa Reddy tweeting that the deal is done.
That is it then. Joyce and Reddy are as solid as they come. They won't be putting their reputations on the line and neither will the Club be feeding them false info.

Status
Not open for further replies.