• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Thailand Vs Liverpool (28th July 2013)

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Everyone ready for Suarez watch?

Didn't Peter Reid used to manage the Thai national team?

Expecting more of the same as the previous 2 friendlies and another electric atmosphere.

fcukManU

still a dani pacheco stan
Once upon a time Rich proposed to have words with Downing if he gets the chance. Don't let us down Rich...

Nick_LFC

Bob and Phil from Brazil!
Do we have a big following in Thailand then?

Also what time is the match on in the UK?

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Lovely banner and one dedicated to the doc.
Just wondering, if anyone on the TIA going to this match ? What about RichLFC, as you get an idea of the atmosphere there ?
It should be a brilliant atmosphere and game.

I'm sure we will be watching Suarez like a hawk tomorrow but he is full of surprises.

therealkeano1

TIA Reserve Team
Mignolet

Kelly toure agger Robinson

Lucas Gerrard

Downing Alberto sterling

Aspas

That will be the starting team.

I_Never_Walk_Alone

TIA Reserve Team
therealkeano1 said:
Mignolet

Kelly toure agger Robinson

Lucas Gerrard

Downing Alberto sterling

Aspas

That will be the starting team.
Kelly was getting turned for pace by the indonesian attackers (and not just the really fast one), I am scared to see his rehabbed knee vs any wide player in the PL, the sooner hes moved to centrehalf permanently, the better

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Been thinking about this tour in general, I would have preferred us to play stronger opposition - teams that would test our tactics a little better as well as giving BR some experience of playing the likes of Real/Bayern and other European teams however - I think this tour will serve it's purpose in a different way.

Every single member of that squad has witnessed the sheer size of LFC which I doubt would have been evident before. It's my hope that as we go into next season, they'll remember how many millions of people around the world are watching and hanging on our every result. I'm hoping this appreciation of the size of the club will spur them on when they think about the hundreds of thousands of people who've watched them and sung their hearts out throughout the tour so far.

Be interesting to see if it does have that effect.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
SoueysTash said:
Been thinking about this tour in general, I would have preferred us to play stronger opposition - teams that would test our tactics a little better as well as giving BR some experience of playing the likes of Real/Bayern and other European teams however - I think this tour will serve it's purpose in a different way.

Every single member of that squad has witnessed the sheer size of LFC which I doubt would have been evident before. It's my hope that as we go into next season, they'll remember how many millions of people around the world are watching and hanging on our every result. I'm hoping this appreciation of the size of the club will spur them on when they think about the hundreds of thousands of people who've watched them and sung their hearts out throughout the tour so far.

Be interesting to see if it does have that effect.
We get to meet some stronger teams when we get back here near the season start so I have no worry this is a commercial making enterprise with a number of half decent teams, United have played a series of no mark games and have had some dreadful results but its all about conditioning so those results as well as these matter very little.

therealkeano1

TIA Reserve Team
I_Never_Walk_Alone said:
Kelly was getting turned for pace by the indonesian attackers (and not just the really fast one), I am scared to see his rehabbed knee vs any wide player in the PL, the sooner hes moved to centrehalf permanently, the better
I'd like to see Kelly center half but br seems to think he is a right back. Wisdom has been doing well at cb but I think Kelly could be even better playing there.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Thought we'd see Kelly at cb to but have to say Wisdom has looked awesome there

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
fcukManU said:
Once upon a time Rich proposed to have words with Downing if he gets the chance. Don't let us down Rich...
If I can find him of course, he's good at hiding ;-)

Am staying at the team hotel for the duration as my mrs is involved in all the kerfuffle. My main job is babysitting our little baby daughter as she is so busy though and my enthusiasm has been somewhat knocked out of me if I am honest looking at how this summer is going really. Not sure about attending the game yet, depends on availability. Also have to watch out for hot humid crowded conditions as still undergoing long term medical treatment so we will see how it goes

Seen a lot of crowds, no players yet, being kept well away in the hotel from the great unwashed but guess most of the locals aren't as jaded as me. Do think we are showing more interest in local culture than the other sides like Chelsea did, bringing the foundation over, paying respect to the King etc. not sure Chelsea for example even left the hotel. It is one thing I think we are doing better than our competitors in in building relation with overseas supporters groups, getting to know the local cultures etc. is a pity we don't have a team a bit more fitting of such a fan base at the present time but not much that can be done about that in 2 days. PR though is what we can do and feel we are doing that pretty well

Think it will be a fairly competitive affair, the Thai national team have improved a fair bit in the last few years, got a decent manager. They will be tougher than Indonesia and Melbourne who are willing but very ordinary. Be a good test. Would be nice though if we can keep a bit of an unbeaten run going, think one thing we might have learned from past pre seasons that playing elevens full of deadwood is not great for momentum purposes. A good pattern of results pre season is better than a poor one IMO (for instance look how Moyes is already feeling a bit of heat before the season has even begun) so I expect a reasonably full on contest

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Speckydodge said:
Thought we'd see Kelly at cb to but have to say Wisdom has looked awesome there
I did think that would be the case, if they can manage Kelly correctly with injury he could be a great full back, I just think Wisdom looks secure there and probably will develop there.

lovepool

RichLFC said:
If I can find him of course ;-)

Am staying at the team hotel for the duration as my mrs is involved in all the kerfuffle. My main job is babysitting our little baby daughter as she is so busy though and my enthusiasm has been somewhat knocked out of me if I am honest looking at how this summer is going really. Not sure about attending the game yet, depends on availability. Also have to watch out for hot humid crowded conditions as still undergoing long term medical treatment so we will see how it goes

Seen a lot of crowds, no players yet, being kept well away in the hotel from the great unwashed but guess most of the locals aren't as jaded as me. Do think we are showing more interest in local culture than the other sides like Chelsea did, bringing the foundation over, paying respect to the King etc. not sure Chelsea for example even left the hotel. It is one thing I think we are doing better than our competitors in in building relation with overseas supporters groups, getting to know the local cultures etc. is a pity we don't have a team a bit more fitting of such a fan base at the present time but not much that can be done about that in 2 days. PR though is what we can do and feel we are doing that pretty well

Think it will be a fairly competitive affair, the Thai national team have improved a fair bit in the last few years, got a decent manager. They will be tougher than Indonesia and Melbourne who are willing but very ordinary. Be a good test. Would be nice though if we can keep a bit of an unbeaten run going, think one thing we might have learned from past pre seasons that playing elevens full of deadwood is not great for momentum purposes. A good pattern of results pre season is better than a poor one IMO (for instance look how Moyes is already feeling a bit of heat before the season has even begun) so I expect a reasonably full on contest
I am going to Thailand Monday from Melbourne and I wish I could have made the game. the Thai's love Liverpool and it should be an amazing day in and outside the stadium

kopite1982

Certainly the idea is to try to play our best team. We are in good shape and the players are in tremendous condition.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-no-complaints-over-5374323#.UfP0HuP3JyI.twitter

well with the exception of suarez/sturridge, we should excpect to see our strongest Xl. Im hoping for

mignolet
jonson
toure
agger
enrique
lucas
gerrard
allen
coutinhio
sterling
aspas

According to the bibs and the eleven v eleven they had in training, this was the team in green

Green bibs: Jones, Johnson, Gerrard, Borini, Coutinho, Lucas, Toure, Aspas, Enrique, Allen, Agger

Orange bibs: Mignolet, Downing, Sterling, Alberto, Henderson, Ibe, Skrtel, Wisdom, Coates, Suarez, Kelly

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
RichLFC said:
my enthusiasm has been somewhat knocked out of me if I am honest looking at how this summer is going really.
To be fair Rich, you're enthusiasm takes a battering if anyone at the club so much as parks at a funny angle.

tesh

TIA New Signing
Mascot88 said:
To be fair Rich, you're enthusiasm takes a battering if anyone at the club so much as parks at a funny angle.
I'm with Rich. It is hard to see the positivity sometimes. Even is LS stays, we have to strengthen significantly.

wrt tomorrows game, I hope we are a bit more fluid and we see more from the newer arrivals. Ibe looked great the other day! Common lads shine some light on the gloom!

slufsar

Gonna be awkward for the Arsenal fans when Luis Suarez enters the pitch all fired up

Clive

RichLFC said:
If I can find him of course, he's good at hiding ;-)
A think we are showing more interest in local culture than the other sides like Chelsea did, bringing the foundation over, paying respect to the King etc. not sure Chelsea for example even left the hotel. It is one thing I think we are doing better than our competitors in in building relation with overseas supporters groups, getting to know the local cultures etc. is a pity we don't have a team a bit more fitting of such a fan base at the present time but not much that can be done about that in 2 days. PR though is what we can do and feel we are doing that pretty well
good point mate. It's pretty easy using good manners and being respectful but full marks to the Club, and it didn't go unnoticed here in Australia. Even Manc leaning commentators here feel that we were better value on and off the pitch than United (who visited Sydney last weekend).

boston red

Show me the Mane.
Looking forward to see what kind of reception they if it's anything like Melbourne Should be a great atmosphere.
Loved all over the world everywhere we go been like that for dogs years? :)

gb1986

Christ how many girls has he brought to tears on this trip?? Haha

Fullmetal

Jedi Knight
Hmm is the match about to start right now or I don't know how to read time