• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Thailand Vs Liverpool (28th July 2013)

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Confirmed ‪#‎LFC‬ team v Thailand

Mignolet, Enrique, Agger, Toure, Johnson, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Coutinho, Aspas, Borini.

Substitutes: Jones, Skrtel, Kelly, Flanagan, Suarez, Spearing, Wisdom, Robinson, Henderson, Alberto, Downing, Sterling, Ibe, Coates, Assaidi, Ward.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Can't go as mum in law isn't 100% and am in charge of the ankle biter while the wife is away, probably doing TV interviews later and may see her on the Telly.Too hot though for a 2 month old. So channel 3 it is

As for player spotting, seen Kelly and Henderson in the lift. Plus a gang of nutters who have stayed in the lift for over an hour going from the bottom floor to the top trying to see if any players get in or out. Was quite amusing, wondering how long it would be before the staff realise they aren't guests and sling them out lol. Saw fowler in the foyer, have met him a few times with the wife before so know him to talk to but he was a bit mobbed so not this time

Had to help transcribe the odd short interview she did, Allen seemed genuinely enthusiastic, Enrique was interesting, honest and eloquent, downing was...a bit like a wet weekend in Weston super mare. Call me shocked ;-)

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
I like this line up. Having good creative players like Aspas and Coutinho alongside him should give Borini more opportunities to score rather than the uncreative line up behind him the other day. I know it's only a friendly but the pressure is surely on him today as this team could well be our team for the opening fixture if Sturridge stays injured.

RichLFC said:
Can't go as mum in law isn't 100% and am in charge of the ankle biter while the wife is away, probably doing TV interviews later and may see her on the Telly.Too hot though for a 2 month old. So channel 3 it is

As for player spotting, seen Kelly and Henderson in the lift. Plus a gang of nutters who have stayed in the lift for over an hour going from the bottom floor to the top trying to see if any players get in or out. Was quite amusing, wondering how long it would be before the staff realise they aren't guests and sling them out lol. Saw fowler in the foyer, have met him a few times with the wife before so know him to talk to but he was a bit mobbed so not this time

Had to help transcribe the odd short interview she did, Allen seemed genuinely enthusiastic, Enrique was interesting, honest and eloquent, downing was...a bit like a wet weekend in Weston super mare. Call me shocked ;-)
Hold on, let me get this straight. Do you reside in the hotel in that video that the Liverpool players are staying in?

jabu

TIA New Signing
gasband said:
Confirmed ‪#‎LFC‬ team v Thailand

Mignolet, Enrique, Agger, Toure, Johnson, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Coutinho, Aspas, Borini.

Substitutes: Jones, Skrtel, Kelly, Flanagan, Suarez, Spearing, Wisdom, Robinson, Henderson, Alberto, Downing, Sterling, Ibe, Coates, Assaidi, Ward.
wow all of a sudden we have quality depth!!

jabu

TIA New Signing
RichLFC said:
If I can find him of course, he's good at hiding ;-)

Am staying at the team hotel for the duration as my mrs is involved in all the kerfuffle. My main job is babysitting our little baby daughter as she is so busy though and my enthusiasm has been somewhat knocked out of me if I am honest looking at how this summer is going really. Not sure about attending the game yet, depends on availability. Also have to watch out for hot humid crowded conditions as still undergoing long term medical treatment so we will see how it goes

Seen a lot of crowds, no players yet, being kept well away in the hotel from the great unwashed but guess most of the locals aren't as jaded as me. Do think we are showing more interest in local culture than the other sides like Chelsea did, bringing the foundation over, paying respect to the King etc. not sure Chelsea for example even left the hotel. It is one thing I think we are doing better than our competitors in in building relation with overseas supporters groups, getting to know the local cultures etc. is a pity we don't have a team a bit more fitting of such a fan base at the present time but not much that can be done about that in 2 days. PR though is what we can do and feel we are doing that pretty well

Think it will be a fairly competitive affair, the Thai national team have improved a fair bit in the last few years, got a decent manager. They will be tougher than Indonesia and Melbourne who are willing but very ordinary. Be a good test. Would be nice though if we can keep a bit of an unbeaten run going, think one thing we might have learned from past pre seasons that playing elevens full of deadwood is not great for momentum purposes. A good pattern of results pre season is better than a poor one IMO (for instance look how Moyes is already feeling a bit of heat before the season has even begun) so I expect a reasonably full on contest
thanks for taking the time to update us man,much appreciated!!!

Lucas

Anyone got a decent, stable stream for the match? Much appreciated!

TassieRed

TIA Regular
Hold on, let me get this straight. Do you reside in the hotel in that video that the Liverpool players are staying in?

That's how Rich rolls........

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
TassieRed said:

That's how Rich rolls........
Just while the tour is on. Going home tomorrow

TassieRed

TIA Regular
A lot of sloppy passes at the back. The players need to step up. Step up and sharpen up.

Coutinho is everywhere. Nice.

Lucas

First time I've had the chance to see the new signings in action. Aspas looks to be linking up very well with Coutinho

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
RichLFC said:
Just while the tour is on. Going home tomorrow
Hrm... very interesting. I would like to query you more on this but the match is on.

kopite1982

borini is very very poor. He needs replacing in my eyes, he just seems lost.

tesh

TIA New Signing
Has Coutinho put on a bit of bulk in the off season? Bodes well for the upcoming season.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Cou~~~Ti~~~~nHO~~~~~~~~

kwala

TIA Regular
Coverage of this game is fucking appalling! Have the cameramen or directors ever watched a game of football before?

Coutinho is a genius! Luis who?