• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Thailand Vs Liverpool (28th July 2013)

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
Toure is marshaling the back four really well. Loving him blast the midfield there for letting that ball through

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Been our brightest performer in pre season for me by some way has Coutinho

Sterling, Toure and Aspas have been ok this pre season.

One thing I will say is that this year we don't seem to be coasting it so much in these games. Serious warm ups these

Arminius

FSG PR plant
RedJacko said:
What were Inter playing at?
Yet for some reason he was not that effective there, and his level of play is higher at LFC than it was at Espanyol too. He has done more in 13 league games for LFC than he did in over twice that many for Inter.

theres always tommorrow

Arminius said:
Yet for some reason he was not that effective there, and his level of play is higher at LFC than it was at Espanyol too. He has done more in 13 league games for LFC than he did in over twice that many for Inter.
Could be just confidence - young lad playing away from home. Just glad hes found it with us

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
seems like a better class of opposition, good to see what Toure is made of

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Coutinho simply class. Tv Camera work is carp.

OhYaBeauty

The producer on ESPN is really pissing me off. He can't go a single fucking possession without changing to some strange angle that completely ruins the match. I can't tell what's going on half the time. It's awful.

RedJacko

TIA Youth Team
Aspas looking a little sluggish, or is it just me?

I had him down as a player of mobility and nippiness. Seems a bit rusty in the first half hour, only watched parts of the other 3 friendlies so reserving my judgement on him.

theres always tommorrow

I think hes an old fashioned poacher. Not a problem if he can convert a few but he will probably not be that clever in midfield

Lucas

For those annoyed about the camera work, it's not ESPN's fault. Cameras are controlled and images are looped by a company in Thailand, and they sell the footage to overseas stations to broadcast, so every channel has the same stream.

Meanwhile, awful defending saved by fantastic 'keeping from Mignolet!

Viva la King Kenny

TIA New Signing
Aspas is looking very lightweight so far in preseason, even against people his size, wonder how he'll fare against a faster, stronger and more physical Premier League.

kopite1982

dissapointed to be honest, our strongest team out (apparently) aspas, borini very very poor.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Every on just wants to finish the game and head towards the beach and party. sluggish performance so far.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
Not so sure about this midfield 3. Wouldn't mind seeing Alberto (or even Ibe/Sterling with Aspas/Coutinho coming central) on for Allen just to see if that works.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
SoueysTash said:
Yeh Aspas hasn't looked great so far in preseason
Personally I think he was Rodgers Dempsey player, signed a year or so later, may not always look that great a footballer in terms of technique etc but may chip in with say 10-12 goals. We will see

Ok first half. Think we do have a bit of a habit of switching off in games, in competitive affairs as well as these, and it lets teams in sometimes. Bit plodding from time to time. Is one the g so far in pre season, we have been fairly solid but sometimes a bit short of a real spark that says to you that this is a top side

Coutinho though, again looks a level above some of the others

Mignolet also showing he's a good shot stopper, showed that at Sunderland and Toure looks pretty comfortable as he has some since he arrived. That offers some encouragement

May bring on sterling or Ibe for some pace, not a lot of that with Borini or Aspas tbh

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
Very poor 45 minutes. We've had 5(I think) corners which seem to be stuck in the last season - bloody poor thus far! Star performer from the first half was our Belgian 'keeper, and a wonderful goal from our Brazilian Magic Imp!

Thailand sponsored by 'Yugh I'm Hating It' woke me up for sure! But their goalkeeper has done well.

Hope the second 45 improves!